Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh: State Visit to the USA - May 3-8, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
srivishnu said:
I agree with you.Commoners do not understand royal lifestyle and fashion.
Some commoners study these matters and understand them quite well. "Commoners" encompasses a large demographic and it is not fair to say that all "commoners" understand something and do not understand something else. That is just rude and over-generalizing. Mind you, I am rude sometimes too but I would never say something like that. I am a commoner, but I think I am a very educated and thinking commoner, and I would certainly never express a disrespectful or close-minded thing about Her Majesty.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Some commoners study these matters and understand them quite well. "Commoners" encompasses a large demographic and it is not fair to say that all "commoners" understand something and do not understand something else. That is just rude and over-generalizing. Mind you, I am rude sometimes too but I would never say something like that. I am a commoner, but I think I am a very educated and thinking commoner, and I would certainly never express a disrespectful or close-minded thing about Her Majesty.
I was referring to the journalist and not about Her Majesty.I was referring to a commoner and not to a upper class person.

scooter said:
Knowing Fox I'm surprised it didnt say' her Princessness Missy Lizzy sees a pigracing contest for the firstest time".

I actually saw a byline on Fox news that said "He shooted him." instead of "He shot him.". I don't know where they get their copy editors from!

Um..I thought this was about HM's trip to the U.S. and not about the U.S. news stations?

Am I wrong about that? ;-)

srivishnu said:
I was referring to the journalist and not about Her Majesty.I was referring to a commoner and not to a upper class person.

You don't have to be an upper class person to be knowledgeable about the monarchy. However, it's fairly clear that some US journalists simply think the Queen is a figure of fun and a worthless anachronism, and they're not shy about saying so. We had the same problem when I lived in California and the Queen visited the area, and at least one local radio station was full of reporters taking cheap shots at her. I suppose it's a case of playing to their markets.

Lady Marmalade said:
Um..I thought this was about HM's trip to the U.S. and not about the U.S. news stations?

Am I wrong about that? ;-)

No, but most people's experience of the visit came via the news stations, so it's a relevant part of the discussion.

What a charming video....thankyou Paco for sharing it!

It really does make one feel such a deep sense of what the word continuity really means and to think there are now only five US Presidents including Obama alive today! History before our eyes!

:previous:
Beautiful video, I adored president Bush's little mistake. I hope she visits Barack Obama soon. :flowers:

Ok, so, when the respect and belief in the church and awe of history and being an immediate part of the big picture no matter how small, simply by having knowledge about how it all effects one another through beliefs, origins, how it led to laws and modern day and all, no matter how modern day no matter how every day norm, the monarchy still has that majestic appeal. They visited The States some time ago and little to do was made, I don't remember them being in The States. I was nowhere near either state and don't derby, so, I really didn't miss anything, thankfully. She was most likely still best dressed. Did she do any window shopping? Me, lol, I am like the peasant you find squabbling a buzzard over a chicken bone that finally got tame enough to be taken home to someone's mom to get married off.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:

I like the way you put that. Down home country folksy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom