Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip: Visit to Canada and the US - June 28-July 6, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So there will be two reigning monarchs in Canada at the same time.
King Abdullah will arrive on June 29th.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it’s in Halifax where the Queen will carry out her most important official duty and witness the greatest spectacle of the trip.

Seventeen foreign warships — including the British aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal and the American carrier USS Wasp — arrived here last week to join the Canadian navy in celebrating its 100th anniversary.

The city’s waterfront is now bristling with modern warships and filled with sailors from Canada, the U.S., Britain, France, Denmark, Germany, Holland and Brazil.

. . . At Rideau Hall, she will unveil plans for a new stained glass window, to be installed in the Senate in 2012, the 60th anniversary of her reign.
The window’s design, created by Kelowna, B.C., stained glass artists Christopher Goodman and Angela Zissoff, is a tightly-guarded secret —

All that’s known is that the window will pay homage to the only two Diamond Jubilees in Canadian history: that of Queen Victoria in 1897, and Elizabeth II in 2012.

That sounds like such an amazing event to watch.
All those war ships celebrating such a wonderful event.

The tour starts today, any picture of the Queen leaving?

Last edited by a moderator:
She might be glad for some cold weather, the weather here is too hot IMO.

Thank you for the link Wbenson, I was just going to ask if there was anyway I could see it.

She's arrived and wearing a beautiful raincoat.

Those poor sailors, Mounties, but especially Pipers must just be chilled to the bone in that soaking rain. What a shame the tour had to start in such wretched weather.

I hope it's a gorgeous day tomorrow for the sail past.

The Prime Minister seemed to be enjoying the music quite a bit.

That Native choir from Newfoundland did a gorgeous job of Amazing Grace in their Native Language. Really lovely.

It's wonderful to see the Queen on Canadian soil again. Has anyone else noticed that the Mounties aren't wearing their "red serge" now? It's kind of an orangey-red that they wear now rather than crimson. It's not the same red as the Maple Leaf, which is disappointing. I've been seeing the local RCMP officers at various events, and the tunics have definitely changed colour.:ermm:

The Queen is such a beautiful lady. She has the most radiant smile. I'm really looking forwards to seeing her in person!

I'm also impressed by how the Queen, at the age of 84, still manages airplane steps and soggy ground in high heels. :flowers:

I hadn't known that British in command were in visit to our northern land Canada. I was looking at getty images when upon I came across the loveliest Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. She does amaze me that she at her age continues the call of the Kingdom again and again. I admire her and appreciate the many services she pays tribute to with her time and energy.

One thing I can say of Her Majesty is that she continues looking attractive, youthful, and aesthetically pleasing in her choice of wear. Although I never mention my voice I often visit and admire her workings through this great root of Royal sources. I'm left spell bounded and speechless for she has persevered in honor of her great country seemingly flawlessly. I never hear any wrong of her. And it pleases me so. Bless you your highness for the stamina that you posses. You do wonders for us all. Cheers to her. :flowers:

Iceflower,

Thanks for the link to the wonderful photographs. The Queen looks like she is enjoying her visit to Canada and I was tickled by her umbrella's yellow stripe accessorizing her outfit, tres chic.

Hi,

You are very right, Rmay 286, when you say The Queen is a lady.....
Women around the world would do well to emulate her; and men could take an example from Prince Philip, who is a gentleman....

Long may they both live!!

Larry

I'm watching it live right now, looks like an amazing event. All those magnificent ships from all over the world celebrating a 100 years of the Canadian Navy, must be even more magnificent to watch it in person.
Haven't caught any glimpses of the Queen yet but will post some caps once she appears.

Last edited:
I've been watching the live coverage for the past 2 days and I am simply amazed at the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and how youthful they are.

Watching them do walkabout, I really wish Philip was wearing a microphone... I'd really love to hear some of the gems that popped out of his mouth. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom