Queen Elizabeth & Prince Philip: State Visit to Slovenia & Slovakia - Oct 21-24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She got given an amazing stud in Lipica! I bet she was pleased by that gorgeous horse.

Did she change on the plane? I don't think she left Slovenia in that red. And I agree, red is much better than the blue dress she wore in Slovenia.

Yes, as she often does. She left Slovenia wearing pale pink herringbone wool, with her small squarish flower brooch with blue stones, but changed into the very bright red, with the Queen Mother's Australian Hibiscus ruby & diamond brooch.

:flowers:

I'm not sure about the fur trim, but the ruby tiara is really beautiful. :flowers:

thanx for the Welcome, BeatrixFan. Aparently it's the best horse the stud farm has for competitios, hehe...

All in all I think she is dresses much better now in Slovak Rep then in Slovenia. I wonder who decides that. Or perhpas it's just a question of taste.

Is that a real fur stole HM is wearing at the state banquet in Slovakia? Pink will be furious!! Didn't the news report that HM would be recycling her outfits, but they seem to be all new to me

WOW. I just love the tweed and fur outfit, even if it is something Vesta would wear.

Is that a real fur stole HM is wearing at the state banquet in Slovakia? Pink will be furious!! Didn't the news report that HM would be recycling her outfits, but they seem to be all new to me

the pink outfit and the red are both recycled and were on the list that hello said would be used

:lol:;) I don't think HM is that worried about what Pink thinks. :whistling:
Yes, its so precious, she's probably doing it on purpose, she's worn so much fur trim on this visit and again on the last day

Last edited by a moderator:
the pink outfit and the red are both recycled and were on the list that hello said would be used

Thankyou. I missed the hello list. I love the pink hat, it seems to me inspired from an aussie diggers hat

Now, this is a dress (the one she wears at the Slovakian state banquet). :)

The problem with Her Majesty's evening dresses is that they often have an unfitting shape, especially in the lower part (let's say the skirt), which make her look like she's wearing a sack (sorry Ma'am).
But this is a good one. Oh, and it also has a neckline allowing the whole necklace to be on the skin as it should be, which we rarely see.

The Slovenian banquet dress wasn't too bad either, but - as I said - the fur trim didn't look that good, IMO.

All the other outfits are very stilish: I particualarly like the red one and the black and white one. The boots too are lovely. :flowers:

Do you think she is taking a cue from Ms. Middleton?:flowers:

HM is looking wonderful, and happy. Has anyone seen any info on whether all the fur she's worn on this visit is the real thing? I have no doubt those boots are real leather.

Who is Ms. Middleton. I don´t think that HM need a cue from her.:flowers:

I agree....good for prince Philip,i think the queen is a lucky women to have this terrific person as a husband !
He's a great character, I like him:wub:god bless you :angel:

Great Pictures of HM's clothes in this article from the Mail!:eek::D

At the grand old age of 82, it seems the Queen has decided you're never too old for a style makeover.

After years of being criticised for her staid image, she appeared on an official engagement in Slovakia today looking younger and cooler than ever

Crowning glory: How the Queen transformed into a glam granny for her latest royal tour | Mail Online
i like her laste outfit wearing the fur-trim coat and knee-length boots, she looks terrific ! and more yonger than ever:eek:
i think its just an intoroduction to see the new glam queen elizabeth:D

Prince Philip has branded tourism ‘national prostitution’ in his latest unfortunate gaffe.
He made the shocking comment to a professor during his State visit with the Queen to Slovenia last week

Tourism? It's just national prostitution, says Prince Philip | Mail Online
Prince Philip's gaffes are a stale story. It is great that he still makes fun of certain things by putting Her Majesty into awkward situations. At the same time, Prince Philip should not forget that tourists bring some money to Buckingham Palace.

I think he meant prostitution in a different sense to 'ladies of the night'

It does not really matter what Prince Philip has meant, the "national prostitution" tends to sound both awkward and embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom