The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-22-2020, 03:42 AM
Courtier

I don't think anyone would have a problem with the Queen making a speech from a castle or palace. Everyone knows that's where she lives! You could argue that politicians shouldn't be asking people not to panic buy when they're hardly likely to be going short of anything, and no-one's said that. I think it'd be reassuring. The anti-royalists would moan, but they moan about everything!

Old 03-22-2020, 05:45 AM
Majesty

This is the time when we need our Royal Family to be visible on TV. We expect them to speak to the nation and the Commonwealth,to show they stand with us in this time of international crisis. That they understand and share with us because they are as vulnerable as any of us.

It isn't like WWII when Churchill had to all but sit on King George who wanted to go ashore with the troops on D-Day. It was to dangerous. Now the danger is here, in each of our countries and if ever we needed our spirits lifted and our spines stiffened, it is now!

Old 03-22-2020, 12:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I don't think anyone would have a problem with the Queen making a speech from a castle or palace. Everyone knows that's where she lives! You could argue that politicians shouldn't be asking people not to panic buy when they're hardly likely to be going short of anything, and no-one's said that. I think it'd be reassuring. The anti-royalists would moan, but they moan about everything!
Anyone that has a problem, they can just deal with it. The Queen usually has her timing down perfectly.......I'm not sure when the exact moment is, but I suspect given the photos/videos of Broadway market being packed and reports of gyms, etc.. still being packed, that that moment is soon. Even though I'm an American, I find HM to be extremely reassuring as well.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 25th March:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson, MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

Quote:
The Queen held her weekly Audience with the Prime Minister today by telephone. Her Majesty - pictured this evening at Windsor Castle - has held a weekly Audience with her Prime Minister throughout her reign.
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...96672100954115
Old 03-25-2020, 07:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now, with Charles being diagnoses as positive for coronavirus, I imagine that every precaution necessary is being taken and the Queen very closely being monitored for any sign of infection. Windsor Castle, being situated where it is, is perfect for isolation. The Queen can still enjoy the outdoors and ride should she want to around the estate without coming in contact with too many people.

Both HM and Philip are in the best possible place they could be and hopefully will emerge from all this none the worse for wear. Perhaps this year HM will include a Queen's message for Easter mirroring the one she does at Christmas time.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Osipi I like that idea. An Easter message at this time should be well received.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Court Circular 25th March:
Windsor Castle

The Rt Hon Boris Johnson, MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...96672100954115
The weekly audience is only when parliament is sitting. In July and August there is usually one such audience - when the PM visits Balmoral. There is also rarely an audience from mid-December to mid-February while the Queen is at Sandringham.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The weekly audience is only when parliament is sitting. In July and August there is usually one such audience - when the PM visits Balmoral. There is also rarely an audience from mid-December to mid-February while the Queen is at Sandringham.
The royal reporters are saying they have them over the phone when either is out of London, but they are not listed in the Court Circular. This is a different situation so they are listing them.

My guess is that they are going it this way to show that the Queen is healthy and so that people know that the monarch and prime minister are in constant contact.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
The royal reporters are saying they have them over the phone when either is out of London, but they are not listed in the Court Circular. This is a different situation so they are listing them.

My guess is that they are going it this way to show that the Queen is healthy and so that people know that the monarch and prime minister are in constant contact.
They may talk but the official audience is only required when parliament is sitting.

I have seen so many things written by so called 'royal experts' that goes against all the research I have done over the years (including actually writing and asking the palace and the people living there) that I have come to the opinion that most royal reporters have no idea what is happening and simply make it up.
Old 04-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 31st March:
Windsor Castle

The Lady Elizabeth Shakerley has been appointed a Commander of the Royal Victorian Order by The Queen today and has received the Insignia.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Majesty

She deserves it ! A great and repectful Lady who knows a lot of Royals.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 1st April:
Windsor Castle

The Rt. Hon. Boris Johnson MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen via telephone this evening.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Please note that several posts have been moved over to the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...7-a-42006.html thread in order for this thread to concentrate on Current events. Naturally, if the Queen addresses the nation in connection with the current coronavirus crisis, we can discuss it here.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen will address the nation in a televised message at 8pm on Sunday 5th April.The message was pre recorded at Windsor Castle.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...61575242428416
Old 04-03-2020, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I know this was discussed and then moved to the General thread but reporters saying this is the 5th time she’ll have spoken:

- 1991 Gulf War
- 1997 Diana’s Funeral
- 2002 Queen Mums Funeral
- 2012 Diamond Jubilee
Old 04-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

I love that she’s got a photo of her beloved father beside her, that famous one of him giving that 1939 speech. I think it speaks volumes about how HM sees this fight - and we will prevail.

https://twitter.com/abcworldnews/sta...849655296?s=21
Old 04-03-2020, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I love that she’s got a photo of her beloved father beside her, that famous one of him giving that 1939 speech. I think it speaks volumes about how HM sees this fight - and we will prevail.

Yes indeed. A symbol of resilience in adversity. And of hope. And of comfort in having a long historical perspective.

An argument for monarchy if ever one was needed.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

Isn't that a pic from her Christmas speech of 2019? It looks like Christmas decorations on the side and last years she wore the Albert sapphire broosh to it.

Old 04-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Isn't that a pic from her Christmas speech of 2019? It looks like Christmas decorations on the side and last years she wore the Albert sapphire broosh to it.

You’re correct, it’s from Christmas.

https://images.app.goo.gl/nDJLmLhUA1dK9zYA7
Old 04-03-2020, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 3rd April:
Windsor Castle

The Queen held a Council via video link at 12.30pm.

There were present: the Rt Hon Jacob Rees-Mogg MP (Lord President), the Rt Hon Robert Buckland MP (Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice), the Baroness Evans of Bowes Park (Leader of the House of Lords and Lord Privy Seal) and the Rt Hon. Michael Gove MP (Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster).

Mr Richard Tilbrook was in attendance as Clerk of the Council.