Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 27: June 2018 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UK_zps6c589394.png
Philip_zpsdab7488b.png

Arms of HM The Queen of the United Kingdom and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh

Welcome to Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh's
Current Events Thread, Part Twenty-Seven

Commencing June 1, 2018

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 4th June:
The Most Reverend and Right Honourable the Lord Archbishop of Canterbury was received in audience by The Queen at Windsor Castle today.

Court Circular 6th June:
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, Medical Detection Dogs, this morning accompanied The Queen at a demonstration by the Charity's bio-detection dogs to mark its Tenth Anniversary, the Royal Mews, Buckingham Palace.

The Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of The Queen this evening.

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth presented Scottish composer Thea Musgrave with the Queen's Medal for Music 2017 at Buckingham Palace today, June 7:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Court Circular 12th June:
Sir Charles Gladstone, Bt. was received by The Queen today and delivered up the Insignia of the Order of the Garter worn by his father, the late Sir William Gladstone, Bt..

Court Circular 13th June:
The following were received in audience by The Queen today and kissed hands upon their appointment as Her Majesty’s Ambassadors: Dr Philip Boyle (the Republic of Madagascar) and the Hon Peter Wilson (the Kingdom of the Netherlands).
Mrs Boyle and Dr Monica Wilson were also received by Her Majesty.

The following were received in audience by The Queen upon their appointment as British High Commissioners: Mr Iain Walker (the Republic of Ghana) and Ms Sharon Wardle (the Republic of the Gambia).
Mrs Walker and Mr Peter Millman were also received by Her Majesty.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see she's wearing eye protecting shades again :) And what a lovely colour for her!
And of course it's very great to see the DoE again in such good spirits <3

Court Circular 26th June:
The Queen, Colonel-in-Chief, Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry Highlanders, today received Honorary Colonel James Brownell, Honorary Lieutenant Colonel John Denner and Lieutenant Colonel Christopher French (Commanding Officer).

The Baroness Chisholm of Owlpen was received by The Queen this afternoon and took leave upon relinquishing her appointment as Baroness in Waiting to Her Majesty.

The Baroness Manzoor was received by The Queen upon her appointment as Baroness in Waiting to Her Majesty.

Mr Marc Bolland (Chairman of the Royal Collection Trust Strategic Development Committee) was received by The Queen.

Her Majesty gave a Reception for The Queen’s Young Leaders at Buckingham Palace this evening.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and The Duchess of Gloucester were present.

Court Circular 27th June:
Her Excellency the Hon Titilupe Fanetupouvava’u Tu’ivakan was received in audience by The Queen today and presented the Letters of Recall of her predecessor and her own Letters of Commission as High Commissioner for the Kingdom of Tonga in London.
Mr Siaosi Kiu Kaho was also received by Her Majesty.

His Excellency Colonel Christian Katsande was received in audience by The Queen and presented the Letters of Recall of his predecessor and his own Letters of Credence as Ambassador from the Republic of Zimbabwe to the Court of St James’s.
Sir Simon McDonald (Permanent Under-Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs) was present.

The Queen, Colonel-in-Chief, Canadian Forces Military Engineering Branch, this afternoon received Brigadier Stephen Irwin (Colonel Commandant) and Chief Warrant Officer Glenn Simpkin.

The Queen held a Council at 5.30pm.
There were present: the Rt Hon Andrea Leadsom MP (Lord President), the Rt Hon Karen Bradley MP (Secretary of State for Northern Ireland), the Rt Hon Alun Cairns MP (Secretary of State for Wales) and the Rt Hon Esther McVey MP (Secretary of State for Work and Pensions).
The Baroness Chakrabarti made affirmation as a member of Her Majesty’s Most Honourable Privy Council.
Mr Richard Tilbrook was in attendance as Clerk of the Council.

The Rt Hon. Andrea Leadsom MP had an audience of The Queen before the Council.

The Rt Hon Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury) had an audience of Her Majesty this evening.

BP: "The Queen is feeling under the weather today and has decided not to attend this morning's service at St Paul's Cathedral marking the 200th anniversary of the Order of St Michael and St George." There is no cause for concern.

Via The Crown Chronicles Twitter

Last edited:
I truly hope Her Majesty feel better soon.

BP: "The Queen is feeling under the weather today and has decided not to attend this morning's service at St Paul's Cathedral marking the 200th anniversary of the Order of St Michael and St George." There is no cause for concern.

Via The Crown Chronicles Twitter
I do hope it is nothing serious.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm quite sure they wouldn't state "there is no cause for concern" if it was really concerning/serious. She might be a little too tired because of her busy schedule (caused by her own interest in royal ascot) or have a cold. It can always turn into something more serious at her age but for now I go by the court's statement.

The Queen is pretty good at making it seem like it’s easy to carry out her job at her advanced age, but in reality it’s not easy. One day you can be the okay and the next day can be very different.

This heat's very tiring, even for a young person.

Just the fact that the statement was released stating "there is no need for concern" tells me something. This 92 years young woman has the distinct reputation of not calling into work sick and should she fall under the weather and needs down time to just rest (like most of us do a lot more often than she does), its an anomaly.

At 92 years young, its amazing to even fathom the strength and stamina of this wonderful woman but on the good side too, it lets us know she's as human and fallible to maladies just as much as we are.

I'm quite sure they wouldn't state "there is no cause for concern" if it was really concerning/serious. She might be a little too tired because of her busy schedule (caused by her own interest in royal ascot) or have a cold. It can always turn into something more serious at her age but for now I go by the court's statement.
It is an indisputable fact that our Queen works very, very, hard. "Royal Ascot" is actually a Royal Engagement and is the one week that she really gets to combine business and pleasure, enjoy and have fun at work. For you to imply that if she is tired it's her own darned fault is insulting in the extreme.

I suggest you look at Princess Larisa's posts from the Court Circularand factor in the high temperatures in the UK at present and you will know that HM has not been sitting around fanning herself while prostrate as a result of attending Royal Ascot. I know that I will not be working when I am 92 years old, and to be honest, I believe she works a darned sight harder than many people half her age. Whatever the cause, she will be following her Doctor's advice. If it's a cold I think she would be more worried about infecting others because that is the kind of person our queen is.

Whatever the case, I hope that whatever the problem is it is more of an inconvenience rather than a condition.

Just the fact that the statement was released stating "there is no need for concern" tells me something. This 92 years young woman has the distinct reputation of not calling into work sick and should she fall under the weather and needs down time to just rest (like most of us do a lot more often than she does), its an anomaly.

At 92 years young, its amazing to even fathom the strength and stamina of this wonderful woman but on the good side too, it lets us know she's as human and fallible to maladies just as much as we are.

I think the likely reason for the small phrase 'no need for concern' is precisely because it was a scheduled event and she's not showing up abruptly. That's all. :flowers:

Heat can be punishing. The Mid-West (Wisconsin, which is even northern) of the the US is spiking temps at 110'F/44'C. If London/Windsor is having temps anywhere near that, with high humidity, no one elderly should be outside in the heat. :sad:

Does BP even have AC?

It is an indisputable fact that our Queen works very, very, hard. "Royal Ascot" is actually a Royal Engagement and is the one week that she really gets to combine business and pleasure, enjoy and have fun at work. For you to imply that if she is tired it's her own darned fault is insulting in the extreme.

I suggest you look at Princess Larisa's posts from the Court Circularand factor in the high temperatures in the UK at present and you will know that HM has not been sitting around fanning herself while prostrate as a result of attending Royal Ascot. I know that I will not be working when I am 92 years old, and to be honest, I believe she works a darned sight harder than many people half her age. Whatever the cause, she will be following her Doctor's advice. If it's a cold I think she would be more worried about infecting others because that is the kind of person our queen is.

Whatever the case, I hope that whatever the problem is it is more of an inconvenience rather than a condition.

I'm sorry, I was not trying to insinuate that she is too blame (but understand it came across as such). I was mainly trying to communicate that it is a natural consequence for someone at her age doing so many engagements. And yes, she is the one deciding to take that many on - she could decide not to attend Royal Ascot all days if she thought that better/wiser, however, she clearly enjoys it, so I'm glad that she was able to attend but at her age, I'm not surprised that after The Garter Day and 5 days of Ascot and engagements since that her body tells her to slow down. So, it is impressive but this time she reached her limit - and apparently the heat played a role in that too.

[Although the temperatures (high temperatures of 26-29 C/79-84 F all week)are not that impressive to me as they are about the temperatures we would expect in our coldest month of the year :D - nonetheless especially elderly people tend to have a harder time dealing with heat when they are not acclimatized]

I hope HM gets well soon. Glad to hear that her illness isn't of major concern though, that's a reassuring sign given the fact that colds and lighter illnesses can impact the elderly and young children more than others.

We're just not built for this kind of heat in the UK. The vast majority of private homes will have no air conditioning because it's rarely hot enough to need it. Plus, if we do get heat like this it rarely lasts as long as it has this time. We've had temps well above average for a good few weeks now. We've even had hose-pipe bans where I am, in the usually rainy old British Isles!

It wouldn't surprise me if it's the heat that's caused HM to miss an engagement.

The Queen took a trip to Edinburgh for the Ceremony of the Keys at the Palace of Holyrodhouse and was welcomed by a live Scottish bagpipe procession.

Queen Elizabeth hosted an Investiture ceremony at Holyrood Palace today, July 3. Only photos of the recipients so far:

** pa gallery **

The Queen held audiences with the Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament, Ken Macintosh and the First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon at the Palace of Holyroodhouse today: Getty Images gallery

Court Circular 3rd July:
Palace Of Holyroodhouse

The Queen held an Investiture at the Palace of Holyroodhouse this morning.

Sir William Fraser was received by Her Majesty today and delivered up the Badge and Star of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle worn by his wife, the late Lady Marion Fraser.

The Hon. Duncan Sutherland was received by The Queen and delivered up the Badge and Star of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle worn by his father, the late the Lord Sutherland of Houndwood.

Sir Ian Wood was received by The Queen this afternoon when Her Majesty invested him with the Insignia of a Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle.

The Queen, Royal Honorary Air Commodore, this evening held a Reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse for 603 (City of Edinburgh) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force to mark the Squadron's receipt of the Freedom of the City of Edinburgh.
The Duke of York and The Earl of Wessex were present.

H.M.The Queen's audience with the Scottish First Minister at Holyrod yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom