Prince Philip's 85th Birthday: June 10, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sara1981

Heir Apparent
City
North Little Rock
Country
United States
have any plans for HRH Prince Philip's 85th birthday? next month

i found out on cover of HRH Prince Philip's 85th birthday on Majesty magazine but i cant post on cover

Prince Philip's Majesty cover
http://www.majestymagazine.com/about.php

but we still wait for cover of Hello next month if got cover or not we have wait and see

Its soo wierd how they have barely got anything public going on for his birthday when it seems like we have not even finished celebrating the Queens Birthday. I assume that they would attend a public service ...i dont know i think that 85 is a big celebration.

Think 85 is a very big deal, Hope he has a wonderful Birthday with many many happy returns :)

I checked the British Monarchy website and Philip has no official engagements listed for that day nor are then any planned activities listed for the week or so either side of his birthday for his birthday.

I think, because it is the Queen's 80th Birthday - and the official celebrations for that are still to come (we have only had the private celebrations so far) that there won't be any major celebrations for Philip's 85th.

I suspect that the Queen may make a reference to his birthday in any official speech she makes to mark her own birthday but... he is only the consort of the monarch and the monarch still lives so he is not the focus.

I think it is unfortunate as Philip is such a great support but his major birthdays don't get the recognition because the Queen will be having major birthdays in the same year - albeit five year younger birthdays but still major ones.

Last edited:
There was a special service at Windsor for his 80th, wasn't there?

I haven't heard of any plans for his birthday - I think celebrations are reserved for 70, 80, 90, 100 etc, so I wouldn't be surprised if his 85th passes without any public celebration. I'm sure he'll be having some sort of private celebration though.

85 - what an achievement!

It's a gift for Philip, Duke of Hazard

Gaffe list marks 85th birthday

trans.gif
WELL-WISHERS marked the Queen’s 80th birthday with outpourings of respect. The Duke of Edinburgh, by contrast, is to be faced with a book documenting 60 years of gaffes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2200248,00.html

Skydragon said:
It's a gift for Philip, Duke of Hazard

Gaffe list marks 85th birthday

trans.gif
WELL-WISHERS marked the Queen’s 80th birthday with outpourings of respect. The Duke of Edinburgh, by contrast, is to be faced with a book documenting 60 years of gaffes.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2200248,00.html

Poor Prince Philip! 60 years of life, devoted to the country, monarchy and the Monarch forgotten, they are talking about his gaffes! :D
I must say I am one of those "many, who, admire his frankness in an age dominated by political correctness. "
And this one was very funny!
And what exotic part of the world do you come from? – to smiling black man at a Commonwealth party. (Lord Taylor of Warwick replied: ‘I’m from Birmingham’)

Avalon said:
Poor Prince Philip! 60 years of life, devoted to the country, monarchy and the Monarch forgotten, they are talking about his gaffes! :D
I must say I am one of those "many, who, admire his frankness in an age dominated by political correctness. "
And this one was very funny!
And what exotic part of the world do you come from? – to smiling black man at a Commonwealth party. (Lord Taylor of Warwick replied: ‘I’m from Birmingham’)

He is brilliant. A lot of the time I think it really is the different British humour. Jomo Kenyatta seemingly 'got the joke'.

Are they suggesting that Birmingham is not exotic? :D

Skydragon said:
He is brilliant. A lot of the time I think it really is the different British humour. Jomo Kenyatta seemingly 'got the joke'.

Are they suggesting that Birmingham is not exotic? :D

Oh, it most certainly is. I have 2 friends in Birmingham, so I am the last one who'd call it not exotic.
As a fan of British humour (which I think is the best one there is), I appreciate Prince Philip so much!

I love his sense of humor :p. I watched a documentary which featured him and he is someone I would get along well with. He's lived a colorful life and it's nice that he's still around.

Will anything special be done for Prince Philip's birthday?

robby86 said:
Will anything special be done for Prince Philip's birthday?

It was announced that Prince Philip's birthday will be celebrated privately. But some sort of celebrations may take place, I am not sure.

Happy Birthday! And what a landmark birthday it is.

This is really funny. From the examples given here, I'd love to read this book.

Prince Philip reminded of his blunders on his 85th birthday

AM - Saturday, 10 June , 2006 08:28:00

To mark the occasion two Royal reporters have compiled a book on the Prince's gaffes and faux pas' called "The Duke of Hazard: The Wit and Wisdom of Prince Philip".

Well, I must admit my favourite one came in 1963 in Kenya, when he was there for the handover of the independence to Kenya and as the flags were coming down and the band struck up at midnight he turned to Jomo Kenyatta, the new Kenyan leader, and said: "are you sure you want to go through with this?" :D

Here is the link: http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2006/s1660067.htm

With regard to the history of Kenya and Kenyatta's biography, the Prince's remark was, in my opinion, quite... risky. ;) Nevertheles...

Happy birthday Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh!

Happy Birthday to Prince Philip!
Wish him to make us (at least me) smile with his wit, and yes, risky comments, and be steady supporter of Her Majesty.

Happy Birthday HRH Prince Philip he still strong as 85! i cant believe it

Happy Birthday Your Royal Highness (as it is now in that timezone).

My experience of meeting HRH The Prince Philip, as my Colonel-In-Chief, shall certainly remain as one of the highlights of my life.

PreDoc said:
I love his sense of humor :p. I watched a documentary which featured him and he is someone I would get along well with. He's lived a colorful life and it's nice that he's still around.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think I would rather get along with him myself. Of course, he will probably offend at times, but I can brush those insults aside and just take him in stride.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom