Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh (1921-2021)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
d60df208a85bae3c5e20b24c0bfd869b.png

Welcome to the thread for
the late The Duke of Edinburgh
* Mon Repos, Corfu 10 Jun 1921- Windsor Castle, Windsor, 9 April 2021 *

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Prayers and condolences to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and her family in the loss of a beloved family member. May God's peace confort you in this time of deep sorrow.

Philip's death certificate also listed his former names:
His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh formerly known as Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark formerly known as Philip Mountbatten.

A few quotes from Philip's death certificate are all over the Internet.

Indeed, it was everywhere (Telegraph, Newsweek, The Sun, Independent, TMZ, Hello Magazine to name a few).

According to Royal Central it was The Telegraph that obtained the death certificate.

Indeed, it was everywhere (Telegraph, Newsweek, The Sun, Independent, TMZ, Hello Magazine to name a few).

According to Royal Central it was The Telegraph that obtained the death certificate.

Thank you for sharing the Royal Central's link, especially for those without a subscription to The Telegraph. :flowers:

On Prince Philip's death certificate, the Cause of Death was listed as "old age", which was confirmed by Sir Huw Thomas, head of the royal medical household. I did not realise that "old age" could be listed as the cause of death on death certificate for those aged over 80 whose health is gradually declining (as observed by their long term doctor).

The official document was obtained by The Telegraph and revealed that the 99-year-old Duke died from “old age.” This cause of death can be listed on the death certificates of those who are over the age of 80 and whose health gradually declined over time while being observed by their long-term doctor.

Prince Philip's occupations were also listed:
His first occupation listed on the death certificate was that of “Naval Officer,” and his second occupation was listed as “Husband of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, The Sovereign.”

Years ago in the UK family doctors would sometimes put ‘senile decay’ as the cause of death on death certificates of their very old patients. Means the same thing, I suppose.

A few quotes from Philip's death certificate are all over the Internet.

It must come from some publication.

The Royal Central links to a Telegraph article which is billed as an "exclusive", so the certificate appears to have been obtained by the Telegraph indeed.

Exclusive: Duke of Edinburgh’s official cause of death recorded as ‘old age’

The death certificate reveals that his death was certified by Sir Huw Thomas, the head of the royal medical household, who was knighted earlier this year.

He declared the cause simply as "old age", an accepted description if the patient is over 80 and if the doctor has personally cared for them for a long period, observing a gradual decline.

ETA: Apologies, I see AC21091968 already posted the quote from the Telegraph explaining the cause of death.

Last edited:
From 24th April:

"This afternoon 18 Dunkirk Little Ships took part in a tribute sail past in honor of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh. Our Hon. Admiral, Prince Michael of Kent, joined the flotilla. RN personal from HMS Collingwood were also present."

https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=9381471c483096216cb14aa39031dcf4&oe=60B86C17
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=3727bc3a7ee5dd44024fb03e43ceafc8&oe=60B8E495
https://scontent.fath3-3.fna.fbcdn....=1d41d4ad6f6973e78c03a4fe9b3a5e9b&oe=60B95717

Agreed. They did an excellent job picking photos of Philip.

Last Will?

I know, it is probably disrespectful. But is there any thread about the Last Will of Prince Philip?

At least I find it interesting, what happens to the earthly and wordly remains of one person and who was thought of in the Last Will and who was not...

Bunte online, the tabloid from Germany, cites some English outlets:
https://www.bunte.de/royals/britisc...rei-um-sein-erbe-das-sorgt-fuer-aufsehen.html

The Mirror is said to have reported, that the Prince leaves a fortune of around 30 million Pound or 35 milion €uros.

But this is only hearsay, because the Last Will of the Prince is secret. And The Sun reports, that one Lord Berkley wants the Last Will to be public, while one Lord Wolfson, who is with the government, wants it to be secret.

At least it is known, that Prince Philip left his beloved Ponies and his carriage, he liked to drive so much, to Lady Luise, his descendent.

In its July edition, Tatler is featuring (I assumed the main article and front page) the life of the late Prince Philip by including three royal insiders including their reflections and thoughts. These three royal insiders are Prudence Penn (Lady-in-waiting to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother), Philip Eade (Author of 'Young Prince Philip') and Hugo Vickers (broadcaster and biographer of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother)

Tatler celebrates the life of HRH Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, in the July issue
Visionary, charming, frequently controversial, the late Duke of Edinburgh was the longest-serving consort in British history – the man the Queen described as her ‘strength and stay’. But what was he really like? Three royal insiders reflect on Prince Philip’s extraordinary life
https://www.tatler.com/article/prince-philip-july-2021

In honour of the Duke of Edinburgh and the day that would have been his 100th birthday Queen Elizabeth received a new rose named „The Duke of Edinburg rose“ from Keith Weed, President of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), at Windsor Castle last week.

Mr Weed told the Queen: 'It’s a rose named the Duke of Edinburgh Rose to mark his centenary and it’s a commemorative rose for all the marvellous things that he did over his lifetime and for everyone to remember so much that he did.”

The Queen replied: 'It looks lovely' before added that the tribute was 'very kind'.

** pa gallery ** dailymail article ** rex gallery **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Queen Receives A Rose Named In Memory Of The Duke Of Edinburgh **

Last edited:
Lovely tribute, and i especially loved that HM seemed to point out the place to have it planted and waited patiently whike that was being done ❤️

In honour of the Duke of Edinburgh and the day that would have been his 100th birthday Queen Elizabeth received a new rose named „The Duke of Edinburg rose“ from Keith Weed, President of the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), at Windsor Castle last week.

** pa gallery ** dailymail article ** rex gallery **

** gettyimages: GBR: The Queen Receives A Rose Named In Memory Of The Duke Of Edinburgh **

What a great way to remember and pay tribute to the late Duke of Edinburgh on the day that would have been his 100th birthday.

I saw that earlier what a lovely tribute to the late duke.

It's such an enormous, beautiful, "manly' sort of rose, from the picture. Very much like its namesake. :lol: (And the Queen always looks stylish in sunglasses.)

What a wonderful way to celebrate her beloved's 100th birthday. The first thing that came to mind is that I wonder if she's had it planted in a spot where she can look out from her private apartment window and see it in bloom.

That is a man that very well fits the description of being a Greek god. It's no wonder that a young Princess Elizabeth got an eyeful of him and that was that. Along with the dashing looks though, he was exactly what a young woman, with a huge boulder of responsibility and duty about to fall on her shoulders, needed for all those many, many years.

Truly a love story for the ages.

The Princess Royal remembers her late father on his 100th Birthday

I like the fact that a rose was named after Prince Philip.
I have been learning a lot about flowers named after Royals.
I checked sources and recalled that there had been a Duke of Edinburgh Rose introduced in the United Kingdom in 1868. It was named after Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh.
Here is the 1868 rose: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cq-biker/12530856333

Only such a short time :( Gives people from abroad nearly no chance to visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom