Prince Philip becomes Longest-Lived Male British Royal in History: February 24, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artemisia

Heir Presumptive, Royal Blogger
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Last edited:
Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh are for me already historical people.

Congratulations Philip!

Congratulations to Prince Philip!

Way to go, Prince Phillip! Keep it up!

Last edited:
I was reading that earlier today,congratulations to the Duke of Edinburgh.

Congratulations to the Duke of Edinburgh, with the hope of many more years to come (and a long new record being set).

Congratulations to the Duke of Edinburgh, what a rock he has been to his wife and family. God Bless Prince Philip!!

I have a secret fantasy..

I want to see the 100th birthday of Prince Philip, with Charles as the King, just like the one Queen Mother had.
A paegent outside Clarence House (probably), the telegram from his son, then a carriage drive to Palace to appear on the Balcony.
I wonder who will go to greet Prince Philip. (In QM's case, Charles went). Now I wish Camilla goes, but by then she will be too frail.
So I guess The Princess of Wales (you know who) goes, with her two little kids, and greets Philip, and brings him to the Palace. There he will appear on the Balcony with all his kids, grand-kids, and great-grand-kids..What a nice one huh?
What do you guys think? Any improvements/suggestions?

:previous:
I doubt in 8 years time, Camilla will be too "frail" to attend anything.
She will be 73, and although that's a respectable age, the example of British Royal shows it's not one they start slowing down at.

I want to see the 100th birthday of Prince Philip, with Charles as the King, just like the one Queen Mother had.
A paegent outside Clarence House (probably), the telegram from his son, then a carriage drive to Palace to appear on the Balcony.
I wonder who will go to greet Prince Philip. (In QM's case, Charles went). Now I wish Camilla goes, but by then she will be too frail.
So I guess The Princess of Wales (you know who) goes, with her two little kids, and greets Philip, and brings him to the Palace. There he will appear on the Balcony with all his kids, grand-kids, and great-grand-kids..What a nice one huh?
What do you guys think? Any improvements/suggestions?

The way things are going now, the most likely scenario is that it will all take place outside of Buckingham Palace. Along with the pageant and balcony appearance of HM The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and the generations of their family, I see a Service of Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey.

Odd to think this is only about 8 years from now.

I would like to see The Queen reach 100 with Philip by her side.

Given his aversion to being the centre of attention I would imagine that he would simply refuse to have any sort of fuss made at all of his 100th in this or the next reign.

There are already reports that he has said 'no' to a state funeral which says a lot about the man I think.

Yes, I can well imagine Philip telling people to bugger off at the suggestion of a big 100th public birthday celebration for himself.
As for a state or ceremonial funeral well he won't really have any choice in the matter when it happens.

I hate to say it, but I'm not putting money at Prince Philip's 100th birthday.

With the lots of health scare recently, I can't see him going beyond 2016.

But I hope I'm totaly wrong.

Yes, I can well imagine Philip telling people to bugger off at the suggestion of a big 100th public birthday celebration for himself.

i can imagine that too, but after seeing him this summer (on that very rainy day) enjoying all the boats and ships on the Thames, i think if they would suggest something like that he wouldn't say no :D

I have to agree that the DoE is likely to eschew any fuss even if he does reach 100. Just think back to his 90th birthday interview with the BBC's Fiona Bruce, for example. He clearly would rather have been doing just about anything else and wasn't afraid to show it. No touchy-feely schmaltzy walk down memory lane or sycophantic blowing of his and his family's trumpet. All those who criticised Harry's Afghan interviews obviously never saw the DoE giving Fiona Bruce an absolute nightmare of an interview.

I look forward to many more non-politically correct quips and jokes from HRH in the years to come.

I hope His Highness enjoys many years with his wife and family. As to his 100th birthday, I would be in the camp of those who believe he won't want any fuss, and if fuss was created, he'd just show everyone what he really thinks of the arrangements. The Duke strikes me as someone who prefers things done in a simple fashion, and being a center of attention is definitely not going in that direction.

Back
Top Bottom