Prince Philip Admitted to Hospital 'As A Precaution': February 17, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a very small hospital, though, which probably reduces the risk of cross-infection dramatically, and given the current climate it's probably not too likely they'd have him in the hospital unless he both absolutely needed to be there and it was something they could treat. I feel like he's in the right place, and the fact he quite vocally, "usual-Philip" does not want to be there seems to be an even better sign. IMHO.

The King Edward VII's Hospital has a long association with the royal family ,the late Princess Margaret, the queen mother and and also the Duchess of Cambridge.

:previous: The Duchess of Cornwall had surgery there a few years after she married the PoW. But I didn't know about Kate....

:previous: The Duchess of Cornwall had surgery there a few years after she married the PoW. But I didn't know about Kate....

She was treated there for Hyperemesis gravidarum in December 2012 when she was pregnant with George.

It's a very small hospital, though, which probably reduces the risk of cross-infection dramatically, and given the current climate it's probably not too likely they'd have him in the hospital unless he both absolutely needed to be there and it was something they could treat. I feel like he's in the right place, and the fact he quite vocally, "usual-Philip" does not want to be there seems to be an even better sign. IMHO.

Its not a matter of cross infection, which yes hopefully hopefully a smaller private hospital would have a better chance of reducing.

Unfortunately infections (which Philip is suffering from) are far more dangerous and unpredictable in seniors (as well as people with immune compromised health or very young children). Its more common for an infection to lead to things like sepsis or pneumonia.

I dont work with seniors but I do work with small children. And yes even a minor infection in someone like Prince Philip at his age raises concern for me when ever I hear him hospitalized.

Did the Queen also have an opoeration there on her knee?

:previous: Sounds like a pretty serious infection. Perhaps it is resistant to antibiotics?:sad:

I'm sure the duke is being well looked after at the King Edward VII's Hospital but that he is really looking forward to getting out!

I don’t care how long he has to stay as long as the infection is being treated and he’s in good spirits. Philip is 99 - even a “minor” infection it’s hard to deal with.

Great to hear that Philip seems to be getting better. I was worried after seeing the tearful photos of Charles he had taken a turn for the worst.

I don't think we will get any updates until next week unless its of a serious nature.

Hopefully its a case of news is good news!

"Lots of activity at the Duke of Edinburgh's hospital where a patient has been transferred into an ambulance after umbrellas and a police van were used to prevent the TV & press cameras recording anything. We can only imagine - although we don't know - this was for Prince Philip"

"The broadcasters camped outside the King Edward VII’s Hospital think a patient just loaded into an ambulance behind screens may be Prince Philip. Everyone is trying to check with the palace."

"At around 10 this morning officials started lining metal barriers on the pavement where the photographers have been standing - to keep us back. The police have also deliberately parked their van in-front of the alleyway behind the hospital to obscure any views."

:previous:

At the time of my post right now, I think there is a possibility that Philip is going home via ambulance, judging by how the outside of the hospital is set up.

Things are not looking great if Philip does require an ambulance :ermm: :sad:

Last edited:
Is it possible that an ambulance was taking Prince Philip home? In my country that happens, but mostly for patients, who are unable to walk at the moment.

"The Duke of Edinburgh was today transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition, Buckingham Palace says."

This is not good news. I have a feeling there is a lot more going on with Philip than just an infection. But not surprising... the good man is 99.

St Bart's is one of the best-known hospitals in the country. It's one of the top places for treating heart problems, so it makes sense that they're saying he's got a heart condition, but that certainly sounds a lot more worrying than a bladder infection.

Oh dear. Please get well again, HRH.

He apparently climbed into the ambulance himself.

Which is good but you know he is a very old man now.

It’s not great news, but I’m not going to freak out yet. I just can’t wait until Philip gets to go home..

Duke of Edinburgh has some heart condition?

It's amazing how one thing goes off kilter in the human body and other areas that have had previous issues will be affected. Kind of like me with end stage renal disease. Because the kidneys aren't functioning right, it affects my body in the parathyroid glands and osteoporosis of the bones. The human body is a well connected and unique machine. ?

Now to concentrate on what's going on with Philip's heart while continuing to monitor the bladder infection. I rest assured that he has the best possible care available. If true that he got into the ambulance under his own steam, that's a good sign.

It's amazing how one thing goes off kilter in the human body and other areas that have had previous issues will be affected. Kind of like me with end stage renal disease. Because the kidneys aren't functioning right, it affects my body in the parathyroid glands and osteoporosis of the bones. The human body is a well connected and unique machine. ?

Now to concentrate on what's going on with Philip's heart while continuing to monitor the bladder infection. I rest assured that he has the best possible care available. If true that he got into the ambulance under his own steam, that's a good sign.

I am so sorry to hear that. My best wishes.

We dont know he has a bladder infection. Just an infection. If I was betting...given the heart...ai would say it was a respiratory one.

The Dutch news mentions that the expectation is that the Duke will stay in St Bartholomew at least until the end of this week.

While it is wonderful that he is able to get the best health care available, it is somewhat concerning that his doctors decided it was necessary to move him to another hospital. Hopefully all will turn out well (and the uncertainty must be especially hard for the queen too).

Back
Top Bottom