The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-21-2021, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I'm so sorry for the Queen. I know she's hardly the only person in this position, and she's got all the "HMS Bubble" staff with her so she's not alone, but she's still an elderly lady whose husband of over 70 years is in hospital, and who, because of this horrible virus, can't have her family and friends with her for comfort and moral support. And all the upset over Meghan and Harry as well, and she can't even visit her new great-grandchild. These are horrible times for everyone.
It is. She's had a lot of trouble this past few years, and I think losing Philip would be very hard for her and doubly so with not being able to go to him.. Mabye there are difficutlies about him coming home....

Old 02-21-2021, 04:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Well I'll admit I haven't read through the whole thread - but why was Phillip admitted to the hospital? Do we know?
No, but the palace stated it was not coronavirus-related.

Old 02-21-2021, 04:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Perhaps Charles informed his father about the most recent choices the Sussex' have made. That would have taken some time, not something to do by phone. And with his father in hospital and youngest son far away in the US, I can imagine him looking sad.
I am sure Charles would not take the unusual move of visiting his hospitalised father to talk about Harry. Harry and family have already been gone for some time and I doubt it is as pressing a situation to the royal family as the press imagines and reports. I think the visit is more a reflection of the Duke's failing health, sadly.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:38 AM
Gentry

Sometimes, the combination of medications, age and unfamiliar surroundings, can cause a patient to become disoriented. Hopefully, that is the reason for The Prince of Wales visiting his father. Or maybe The Duke of Edinburgh was refusing a test or procedure and his son went to reason with him. I'm keeping the faith that he'll make it 100.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:58 AM
Courtier

well, he is 99 years old; he can have the best of medical support at home - so if he is going to a hospital it has to be for something which cannot be monitored or treated as well at home - so it will be something more serious than a running nose.... AND on top of that Charles visiting ... would at any time look fishy - now with covid-restrictions in place, double so.

[...]

I think Anne might be the child closeses to his heart - maybe she also visited - under the radar?

Ughh - I very much hope that i see that much to bleak
Old 02-21-2021, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No but he's been unwell for several days before he went in. And at his age, any illness is very seirous...
In the past the Palace always announced what the duke was in hospital for, this time round there's a veil of silence.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's hope and pray we will soon be getting good news. Everything is serious at 99.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I’m sorry, but this talk about Philip dying is extremely morbid. I know he’ll go eventually, but maybe we can just wait and see?
Old 02-21-2021, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

My mother, who is a nurse of many years experience including geriatric care and has seen a few centarians said not at all. Even 99 year olds do not deteriorate that fast unless it is Covid.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Comments overtly alluding to Prince Philip's imminent death and funeral have been edited and removed - this has included inappropriate and insensitive commentary.

Let's stick to the facts as we currently know them and avoid speculating and gossiping.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:39 AM
Courtier

I did read that he walked in by himself. That implies it's not too serious.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hopefully we will know more next week the palace said it had 'nothing to add to its previous statement on the duke’s admittance to hospital'.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
My mother, who is a nurse of many years experience including geriatric care and has seen a few centarians said not at all. Even 99 year olds do not deteriorate that fast unless it is Covid.
Yeah but it’s not like Philip was out and about in the last few months or even years. We really don’t know what condition he was in. I think the last we saw him was in some photographs of Beatrix’s wedding
Old 02-21-2021, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Yeah but it’s not like Philip was out and about in the last few months or even years. We really don’t know what condition he was in. I think the last we saw him was in some photographs of Beatrix’s wedding
He walked in.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reports were that he’s in good spirits and he did walk on his own...that’s what I’m going by. Charles missed his father, that’s very likely why he visited. There’s no point borrowing trouble...
Old 02-21-2021, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Charles already mentioned missing his father at the beginning of the pandemic last spring; I saw an interview with him where he said he had not seen his father in a long time "and he's going to be 99 soon," he added.

Maybe he has some complicated feelings about his relationship with his father over the years. Certainly it's been reported he felt he didn't see his parents enough in his younger years. He may be wanting to make sure he has no regrets about missing out on seeing his father in his last years.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Yes, we don't know what state Prince Philip was in. The only thing that worries me is the silence of the palace during these days. The DoE is 99 years old, and at that age these types of situations can change from one moment to the next.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Yes, we don't know what state Prince Philip was in. The only thing that worries me is the silence of the palace during these days. The DoE is 99 years old, and at that age these types of situations can change from one moment to the next.
I am not sure how this can worry you considering as you said these type of situations can change considering he is 99. There is no reason for them to put anything out as it can change.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:47 PM
Courtier

I think if the situation is truly dire, Philip's other children would be seen heading to the hospital. I hope Philip gets to go back to his home environment soon.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I think if the situation is truly dire, Philip's other children would be seen heading to the hospital. I hope Philip gets to go back to his home environment soon.

See I hope that we wouldn’t see that and they are given complete privacy if that sadly is the situation.