The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2021, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

They are the royal family and rules are never the same, but so took it for granted he would make it to 100 BUT what a life. Physically able and having all his faculties at 99. Joyous to see all six of his grown grandchildren married. To have seen the first great grandchild with his name. His has had blessings in his life but I dearly hope he does make it to a 100. And so hate to see anyone go in the time of COVID

Old 02-20-2021, 07:08 PM
Majesty

Like others I believe that Prince Philip may have taken a turn for the worse in the last day or so, necessitating Charles's visit.

However, there is always hope. Years ago, before Covid naturally, my mother in law was very ill in her aged facility. She was in her nineties. Three times members of the family including us went to the facility to say goodbye and three times she rallied. She died more than a year later.

If Prince Philip is taken home with no photos, or family members gather at the hospital will be the time to believe that he won't recover. Until then everyone should just wait.

Old 02-20-2021, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
They are the royal family and rules are never the same, but so took it for granted he would make it to 100 BUT what a life. Physically able and having all his faculties at 99. Joyous to see all six of his grown grandchildren married. To have seen the first great grandchild with his name. His has had blessings in his life but I dearly hope he does make it to a 100. And so hate to see anyone go in the time of COVID

I like your attitude poppy7!
While I wish the DoE a speedy and full recovery, it's good to reflect on the positive too. The refugee child who left his homeland in an orange crate on a British warship has had the most incredible life.

Very glad that Charles was able to visit with his Papa today.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Like others I believe that Prince Philip may have taken a turn for the worse in the last day or so, necessitating Charles's visit.

However, there is always hope. Years ago, before Covid naturally, my mother in law was very ill in her aged facility. She was in her nineties. Three times members of the family including us went to the facility to say goodbye and three times she rallied. She died a bit more than a year later.

If Prince Philip is taken home or other family members gather at the hospital will be the time to believe that he won't recover. Until then everyone should just wait.
If the DoE was " in extremis" I have to believe his wife would be at his side.....

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-20-2021, 08:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
If the DoE was " in extremis" I have to believe his wife would be at his side.....
Wonder if it were possible to get the Queen in there w/o anyone knowing.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2021, 08:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Wonder if it were possible to get the Queen in there w/o anyone knowing.

LaRae
It would be difficult. I think there are photographers and journalists at the hospital.
It would be easier to take the Duke of Edinburgh back to Windsor so that the Queen could be with him in privacy.
The logistics that would have to take for the Queen to go to the hospital to be with her husband, I think it would be complicated.
Security guards would have to go, and I believe, some assistants with her. I think it would be complicated.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes if the queen had gone to visit I am certain we would have heard by now.

It is concerning for certain that Charles is visiting his father. It gives a sense its more serious then previous visits have been.

But I am still not worried he is knocking on death's door. If we get the queen and other members of the family visiting then I will get more worried. I still think if he is on his last days, they will move him home so he can die in comfort there and not in a hospital bed.

For now I think Charles was just worried and went to lift his father's spirits.

Or so I hope. I do hope he lives to be 100 and to see his two more great-grandkids yet to make their entrance, and little August as well.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
There are some really horrible people around. The late Captain Sir Tom Moore's family have had a lot of nasty comments on Twitter, and some awful things were said when Boris Johnson was in intensive care last year. People like that are best ignored!

But Prince Charles would have known very well that there'd be comments if he a) travelled from Highgrove to London and b) visited the hospital, so he obviously felt that it was extremely important for him to go. Just hoping that there's better news soon.
I know! I couldn’t believe it when I read that people had said such nasty, disgusting things about Captain Sir Tom...I think people get brave behind their computers and they just say the worst things.

I don’t think Charles is worried that people will think badly of him. For one thing, his father is more important than anyone else, and also, they don’t like him anyway. I suppose I’m probably in denial, but the few statements made have not been discouraging; I just don’t want to cross that bridge until it’s necessary
Old 02-20-2021, 09:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
At nearly 100 years of age, it's to be expected that the body will fail sooner rather than later. Even longevity genes do not make one immortal. I'm still hoping we're reading too much into this but the reality is there. The blessing may be that *if* this is to be Philip's end of life, he's had the blessing of not suffering long term or mentally diminished. He walked into that hospital under his own steam. His end of life preferences have probably been established a long time ago and he's more than aware of his own mortality and has reached the stage of acceptance.

We'll just have to watch and see what develops and I'm planning on remaining positive we'll see the DoE in full swing on his 100th birthday in June.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Stay strong, Prince Phillip!
Old 02-21-2021, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
It would be difficult. I think there are photographers and journalists at the hospital.
It would be easier to take the Duke of Edinburgh back to Windsor so that the Queen could be with him in privacy.
The logistics that would have to take for the Queen to go to the hospital to be with her husband, I think it would be complicated.
Security guards would have to go, and I believe, some assistants with her. I think it would be complicated.

Waht i wonder is there no Parking House or underground parking loft with direct acess to the Hospital which would allow visitors to go in unnoticed from the press. To bring Philip back to Windsor he would need to be in a state so the can trasnport him.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Waht i wonder is there no Parking House or underground parking loft with direct acess to the Hospital which would allow visitors to go in unnoticed from the press. To bring Philip back to Windsor he would need to be in a state so the can trasnport him.

I wonder if there is a media black out. I do wonder if the media reported POW arriving and then realised what that might mean and went whoops. The royal reporters have been very quiet on the subject on twitter. Some have posted links to pieces on Megixt but the majority are silent.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The hospital has a main, front entrance, and a second entrance in a mews at the back. The mews entrance is the one Charles used yesterday, and that is quite visible from the street. As far as I know, there are no underground entrances.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:11 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, Sky and the BBC has their royal correspondence on standby and experts have been called up. But they also don’t know what it is? I must add that the Rota had been informed of coming news for the last week, they keep getting news so it could be for those unrelated things.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I wonder if there is a media black out. I do wonder if the media reported POW arriving and then realised what that might mean and went whoops. The royal reporters have been very quiet on the subject on twitter. Some have posted links to pieces on Megixt but the majority are silent.
I would imagine that there's nothing to report after Charles left. It's a hospital and the patients rest there. No roller blading in the hallways, no playing darts with syringes while binging on cough syrup and no pinching the nurses allowed. Well.. maybe Philip would get away with a slight pinch or three.

If there was something to be reported, I'm sure there would be breaking news from those covering the hospital.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:15 AM
Courtier

Well I'll admit I haven't read through the whole thread - but why was Phillip admitted to the hospital? Do we know?
Old 02-21-2021, 03:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Well I'll admit I haven't read through the whole thread - but why was Phillip admitted to the hospital? Do we know?
No but he's been unwell for several days before he went in. And at his age, any illness is very seirous...
Old 02-21-2021, 03:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
It was never released. Simply he was admitted for precautionary measures.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

A 99 year old can die any second of anything. I think if he's only feeling unwell, he'll be admitted, while normal people go to bed and sleep it off or take a tablet hoping they feel better in the morning. I think they take zero risk with him. But of course at some point life will end because it has run its course.
Philip is one very, very few people who are still alive at this age and able to walk by himself with a clear mind. When he passes, there should be no mourning but only joy that he has been there for so long, without any of the usual malfunctions that usually come with this kind of age.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:37 AM
Serene Highness

I'm so sorry for the Queen. I know she's hardly the only person in this position, and she's got all the "HMS Bubble" staff with her so she's not alone, but she's still an elderly lady whose husband of over 70 years is in hospital, and who, because of this horrible virus, can't have her family and friends with her for comfort and moral support. And all the upset over Meghan and Harry as well, and she can't even visit her new great-grandchild. These are horrible times for everyone.