The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 02-20-2021, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Twitter sucks...people ripping on Charles and the BRF. I’m glad he went to visit his 99 year old father !

I refuse to be pessimistic about this.....
Maybe people should stop and think about WHY he might be visiting his father and travelling for 2 hours or so even though it's not exactly allowed except to say goodbye or for other necessary/compassionate reasons.

It's not like Charles has made a habit of flouting lockdown rules and guidance. It's not all about point scoring, at least until we know what's going on.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-20-2021, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Maybe people should stop and think about WHY he might be visiting his father and travelling for 2 hours or so even though it's not exactly allowed except to say goodbye or for other necessary/compassionate reasons.

It's not like Charles has made a habit of flouting lockdown rules and guidance. It's not all about point scoring, at least until we know what's going on.
It’s my fault for even bothering to check under the Prince Charles trend, lol. It’s mostly made up of people who are bitter and already hate the BRF, so I’m not surprised.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-20-2021, 12:52 PM
Claire's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,617
If Anne, Edward or the Queen come to visit then I will be very worried. Or if they start cordoning off the hospital.
BP is currently been quiet so it is no news is good news.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:01 PM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,769
I hope he is okay but I think most are preparing...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:19 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 32,068
I believe the duke's last hospital stay was at Christmas in 2019 he had been in and out over the past decade.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Twitter sucks...people ripping on Charles and the BRF. I’m glad he went to visit his 99 year old father !

I refuse to be pessimistic about this.....
There are some really horrible people around. The late Captain Sir Tom Moore's family have had a lot of nasty comments on Twitter, and some awful things were said when Boris Johnson was in intensive care last year. People like that are best ignored!

But Prince Charles would have known very well that there'd be comments if he a) travelled from Highgrove to London and b) visited the hospital, so he obviously felt that it was extremely important for him to go. Just hoping that there's better news soon.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,543
There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that something is very, very wrong here.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-20-2021, 01:54 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
There is not the slightest doubt in my mind that something is very, very wrong here.


Me too. I have a feeling others may have visited or will but the media might not report it now that everyone has realised.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Next to my books, Germany
Posts: 336
Don't you think that BP would make a statement to prepare the people? When there's no doubt beforehand?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,736
I don't know what current policies about end of life care are in the UK but I think that if the doctors believe that Philip will not recover, he either would not have been hospitalized or would be allowed to go home. I imagine that Philip would prefer to die at home than in a hospital/

That said, even if his condition improves, he will probably not bounce back to the same level as he was before he got sick. It's a fact of life that as we get older, we do not fully recover from health setbacks. Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with the Queen and her family as this must be very stressful for all of them.

Philip has blessed with a long healthy life of meaningful service to others. He's loved by many and in his private life, he seems to have married a woman he loves very much and is lucky that she is still with him. I wish him and his family the best.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,853
I think it’s concerning they admitted him to hospital at all, given that he’d be able to get more services at home compared to the average patient, and also because of issues surrounding Covid. The bar for deciding to admit him would likely be set higher now than even a few years ago.

That said, deciding when someone is receiving end of life care isn’t an exact science. Something that would be quite manageable at 50 years old could be life ending at 100. The hospital staff may have decided to err somewhat on the side of caution in allowing Charles to visit, believing there’s a realistic chance that his father could be coming to the end of his life. Hopefully that will turn out not to be the case and Phillip will be able to go home soon.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I don't know what current policies about end of life care are in the UK but I think that if the doctors believe that Philip will not recover, he either would not have been hospitalized or would be allowed to go home. I imagine that Philip would prefer to die at home than in a hospital/

That said, even if his condition improves, he will probably not bounce back to the same level as he was before he got sick. It's a fact of life that as we get older, we do not fully recover from health setbacks. Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with the Queen and her family as this must be very stressful for all of them.

Philip has blessed with a long healthy life of meaningful service to others. He's loved by many and in his private life, he seems to have married a woman he loves very much and is lucky that she is still with him. I wish him and his family the best.
I absolutely hope he is OK but I can't see the royal family flouting Covid rules about travelling a big distance from where they live AND visiting a family member in hospital unless something grave has happened. They know that thousands of people in the UK are suffering over this issue and they simply can't afford to ignore what everyone else has been instructed to do if they want to survive beyond the pandemic.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,220
It's not looking good for Prince Philip if Charles came all the way to visit

Though I could guess one of the reasons Charles traveled to see him is because, for all we know, he hasn't seen Philip for months in person due to the pandemic. He may have felt he wanted to make sure he saw his dad before it was too late.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Chris Ship has asked BP basically, whats up? Why did Charles travel 2 hours, visit then drive 2 hours back. Being said now Charles was visibly upset/crying as he left. There is one pic on Twitter and his eyes do appear to have tears in them. But that could be just general worry not a sign of anything awful going on.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,533
I just keep thinking if he is still in hospital there must still be a hope treatment will make things better otherwise he would be sent home.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Chris Ship has asked BP basically, whats up? Why did Charles travel 2 hours, visit then drive 2 hours back. Being said now Charles was visibly upset/crying as he left. There is one pic on Twitter and his eyes do appear to have tears in them. But that could be just general worry not a sign of anything awful going on.


LaRae
Charles has had a really torrid time of late, we know he is quite a heartfelt sensitive soul and to have your 99 year old father in hospital in the middle of a pandemic as well as all the other drama with family members (no judgement just the truth) will likely have taken its toll on him, no wonder he looked a bit emotional.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
It's not looking good for Prince Philip if Charles came all the way to visit

Though I could guess one of the reasons Charles traveled to see him is because, for all we know, he hasn't seen Philip for months in person due to the pandemic. He may have felt he wanted to make sure he saw his dad before it was too late.
Yes, but the point is that this has been/is the case for families up and down the land yet they still cannot see their loved ones under penalty of severe sanctions. The royals can't be exempt from this nor do I think they would expect to be, that is why I think the situation with Philip is very serious.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:30 PM
AC21091968's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,443
Prince Charles' visit to the hospital is very worrying, given that Philip in the past did not like visitors and Charles had to travel from Birkhall. I really hope Philip does recover from this.

I'm not surprised by Twitter's reaction, given that these are the same people with the #BeKind whilst attacking Boris Johnson when he was in intensive care or Captain Tom Moore when his family visited him at the hospital.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,833
It's possible that he's not literally knocking on the door yet but had some choices to make and needed (not just wanted) his son there for them, that would fall under emergencies. Or he took a sudden turn for the worse. It's possible arrangements are being made to take him home.

If Philip was fine all things considered and he was going to be home as well as he usually is in a few weeks then they almost certainly would have left it, as they have in the past and as they have been obeying lockdown rules in the last year.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-20-2021, 02:48 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 255
Despite my last post on the reasons for King Edward VII's Hospital allowing visitors, which include 'end of life care', I think we should remember that the Duke apparently 'walked unaided' into the hospital, so let's all hope that the posts on his imminent demise are premature!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Victoria Admitted to Hospital: February 23, 2012 Sonjapearl Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 153 02-23-2012 01:07 AM
Grand Duke Henri Admitted to Hospital, Receives Angioplasty: February 3, 2011 rominet09 Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa 36 02-12-2011 02:48 PM
Princess Máxima has been Admitted to Hospital! popje King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 208 04-10-2007 04:43 PM
The Baby is Coming - Maxima Admitted to Hospital royal_sophietje King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 337 12-07-2003 11:42 AM




Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style gemstones george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family jewellery kensington palace king edward vii książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists mongolia nara period pless politics portugal prince harry queen elizabeth ii royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida thai royal family tradition united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×