Prince Philip Admitted to Hospital 'As A Precaution': February 17, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Video of the moment when the Duke of Edinburgh left the hospital.

And... the man walked to his car. I can picture it in my mind. Philip, ramrod straight back and in full control of all his steam, flew the coop and went home! Probably muttering under his breath, "Thank God that's over!" [emoji3]
Oh, yes indeed!!!

Last edited:
Happy news he had been discharged and headed home.

Great news! Now Philip can relax in his own bed in his own home at Windsor.

I sure hope he can enjoy the spring time now and get some well needed rest. He truly is amazingly robust.

He is home again,thank goodness...

Great news! Now Philip can relax in his own bed in his own home at Windsor.

Something tells me that a bed isn't going to be his first choice right now. :lol:

I’m sure Philip is relieved to be out of hospital and in familiar surroundings again. He certainly looks like he has been through a difficult time, hopefully a long period of recovery in his own home will work wonders.

I'm shocked! What a triumph for the Iron Duke!!!

This is great news. And he walked out. Amazing.

A relief for the queen and Royal Family,that month seemed like longer!

I am so happy for the Queen who will see the love of her life !

Wonderful news, I hope all the family can give him a much needed hug in the covid appropriate manner. My warmest wishes to him.

I'm just picturing Philip being home and meeting the new dogs that the Queen has acquired since he was hospitalized. I can see him looking at his wife and stating "I just can't leave you alone anymore, can I?" joking that he goes away for a bit and in come more dogs. :lol:

Reactions: Fem
This is good news. I am sure Philip will be much more comfortable at home with his wife. The Queen, along with the rest of the family, must be thrilled.

good he is back at Windsor, but he looks ill and his 100 Years by now... Wishing him well!

I'm just picturing Philip being home and meeting the new dogs that the Queen has acquired since he was hospitalized. I can see him looking at his wife and stating "I just can't leave you alone anymore, can I?" joking that he goes away for a bit and in come more dogs. :lol:
Oh my... :lol: I can see that happening, yes :lol:

And... the man walked to his car. I can picture it in my mind. Philip, ramrod straight back and in full control of all his steam, flew the coop and went home! Probably muttering under his breath, "Thank God that's over!" :D

He didn't really, according to Robert Jobson he was in a wheelchair behind screens:
But that's understandable given he was in the hospital for a month. My boss was in the hospital with Covid for a couple of weeks and had to do physiotherapy before leaving, and he is much younger than Philip.:flowers:

He didn't really, according to Robert Jobson he was in a wheelchair behind screens:
But that's understandable given he was in the hospital for a month. My boss was in the hospital with Covid for a couple of weeks and had to do physiotherapy before leaving, and he is much younger than Philip.:flowers:

It is probably hospital policy as well. After I had my kids, I had to be wheeled out (I didn't mind) but I could have walked out on my own. However, we don't know how he really is. I hope he has fully recovered but the odds are against it, he is probably weaker than when he went in.

ETA: Hospitals rarely keep people until they are fully recovered. People are normally released when they don't need hospital care anymore and can finish convalesce at home.

Last edited:
Wasn't this also the case with the Queen Mother when she left hosptial short before her 101th birthday.On that day she appeared smiling walking out of the hosptial but n her biography it was later written that she was brought there in a wheelchair and left inside short before the entrance

In the USA, it is standard hospital protocol for a patient to be brought to the doors of the hospital in a wheelchair upon discharge even if they are able to walk on their own.

Great News!

And... the man walked to his car. I can picture it in my mind. Philip, ramrod straight back and in full control of all his steam, flew the coop and went home! Probably muttering under his breath, "Thank God that's over!" :D

Anybody would be happy getting out of the hospital. I was looking at photos of Prince Philip playing polo and his equitation is phenomenal. His back is ramrod straight.

Anybody would be happy getting out of the hospital. I was looking at photos of Prince Philip playing polo and his equitation is phenomenal. His back is ramrod straight.

It's Philip's trademark along with his hands clasped behind his back. People were wondering back in April of 2018 if he would be able to attend Harry and Meghan's wedding after having hip surgery yet there he was, ramrod straight up.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ctures-frail-queen-meghan-markle-prince-harry

Well, he knocked off a whole month while everyone waits for that party in June... :flowers:

I'm glad he's home. I'm sure the Queen is glad he's home. I hope he likes puppies...

Yes that sounds like the Grand Old Duke to a tee. :lol: ? :flowers:

Can you imagine if someone has given him a motorised scooter to zip around in. He would love it, all those long corridors.

Back
Top Bottom