The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-23-2021, 10:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Prince Edward said with a bit of a chuckle that he was frustrated at being kept in hospital. Which is what you would expect from Prince Philip.

I’m glad to read that Philip sounds like Philip. That’s a good sign IMO. Hopefully he can go home soon.

Old 02-23-2021, 10:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
To be fair, the menu at King Edward VII looks pretty gourmet to me, especially by hospital standards. It is a super exclusive private hospital that costs a lot.

https://www.kingedwardvii.co.uk/pati...tion/your-food
https://www.kingedwardvii.co.uk/app/...enu_Jan-19.pdf
Edward VII, gourmand extraordinaire, would definitely approve.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-23-2021, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I’m glad to read that Philip sounds like Philip. That’s a good sign IMO. Hopefully he can go home soon.

Yes it is a good sign. Just did a quick check on the links above and I learned that he's on a first name basis with the Royal Patron for Edward VII hospital-his wife as well as the President-his wife's cousin Edward.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Edward of Kent isn't only the Queen's cousin but also Philip's. The Kents are the Queen's first cousins and Philip's first cousins once removed as their mother was his first cousin.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
To be fair, the menu at King Edward VII looks pretty gourmet to me, especially by hospital standards. It is a super exclusive private hospital that costs a lot.

https://www.kingedwardvii.co.uk/pati...tion/your-food
https://www.kingedwardvii.co.uk/app/...enu_Jan-19.pdf
Yum! I wouldn’t want to get sick just to sample the gourmet menus, but as long as you’re going to be sick, might as well do it in style, lol. Seriously, I think that’s fantastic. Patients need to eat to keep up their strength - much better this for that purpose than the usual lousy meals
Old 02-24-2021, 03:36 AM
Majesty

Im sure Philip is not at all happy with bieng in hospital.. and he wants to go home.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:39 AM
Courtier

.. an infection is what most old people dye of - so it is very concerning in a person his age. That is why he is in hospital.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Edward of Kent isn't only the Queen's cousin but also Philip's. The Kents are the Queen's first cousins and Philip's first cousins once removed as their mother was his first cousin.

Thank you for the reminder about the BRF's family connections ILuvBertie.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. an infection is what most old people dye of - so it is very concerning in a person his age. That is why he is in hospital.
As an nurse, I'm very concerned for him. Everytime I see his name pop up on my news feed I get palpitations thinking the inevitable has happened.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
As an nurse, I'm very concerned for him. Everytime I see his name pop up on my news feed I get palpitations thinking the inevitable has happened.
Yes me too, I worked with the elderly several years in a health care facility, my youngest daughter is a RN at a large hospital. Infections, seemingly routine ones, can change quickly into life threatening. So I am a bit nervous for him still being in hospital.

LaRae
Old 02-24-2021, 01:12 PM
Royal Highness

It's a very small hospital, though, which probably reduces the risk of cross-infection dramatically, and given the current climate it's probably not too likely they'd have him in the hospital unless he both absolutely needed to be there and it was something they could treat. I feel like he's in the right place, and the fact he quite vocally, "usual-Philip" does not want to be there seems to be an even better sign. IMHO.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The King Edward VII's Hospital has a long association with the royal family ,the late Princess Margaret, the queen mother and and also the Duchess of Cambridge.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall had surgery there a few years after she married the PoW. But I didn't know about Kate....

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-24-2021, 03:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall had surgery there a few years after she married the PoW. But I didn't know about Kate....
She was treated there for Hyperemesis gravidarum in December 2012 when she was pregnant with George.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
It's a very small hospital, though, which probably reduces the risk of cross-infection dramatically, and given the current climate it's probably not too likely they'd have him in the hospital unless he both absolutely needed to be there and it was something they could treat. I feel like he's in the right place, and the fact he quite vocally, "usual-Philip" does not want to be there seems to be an even better sign. IMHO.
Its not a matter of cross infection, which yes hopefully hopefully a smaller private hospital would have a better chance of reducing.

Unfortunately infections (which Philip is suffering from) are far more dangerous and unpredictable in seniors (as well as people with immune compromised health or very young children). Its more common for an infection to lead to things like sepsis or pneumonia.

I dont work with seniors but I do work with small children. And yes even a minor infection in someone like Prince Philip at his age raises concern for me when ever I hear him hospitalized.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Did the Queen also have an opoeration there on her knee?

Old 02-25-2021, 07:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Did the Queen also have an opoeration there on her knee?
Queen has been there a number of times. Once for knee surgery.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:39 AM
Majesty

Prince Philip to spend second weekend in hospital with infection in longest ever stay.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ekend-23571440
Old 02-26-2021, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sounds like a pretty serious infection. Perhaps it is resistant to antibiotics?

Old 02-26-2021, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm sure the duke is being well looked after at the King Edward VII's Hospital but that he is really looking forward to getting out!