Letters to and from The Queen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulation . i'd like to write the Queen elizabeth but I don't know what I have to write her

You could just write to wish her well. :)

When I wrote to Her Majesty to congratulate her on her Diamond Wedding anniversary, I began: Madam, with my humble duty..., I referred to her as Your Majesty and I ended: I have the honour to remain, Madam, Your Majesty's most humble and obedient servant.

since 3 years ago , i wrote to the queen and i have got a lot of replys from the ladys in waiting , in my first letter i was asking the queen to send me a photograph with her signature , but the lady in waiting apologized to me because it not possible for the queen -she explain- to send photographs because of the big number of letters she received every day ! i dont know why the queen dont send photos to the fans like the Belgian and norway royal family !! king albert and queen paola just sent a photo on the occasion of their gold wedding anniversary and the royal couple of norway always sent me photos of the family.

If HM were to send photos or autographs, she'd be up all night signing them. Plus, we get plenty of pics of her in the press, don't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
If HM were to send photos or autographs, she'd be up all night signing them. Plus, we get plenty of pics of her in the press, don't we?

yes thats true , i have more than 100 picture of her majety but im not speaking about just a photo of her , im speaking about a photograph with signature , and it dosn t mean she have to signe all the photographs , just one siganture and the rest can be a copie , like the deutch and the belgian , the spanish royal familys .

I received a letter in reply from Queen Elizabeth II

Hello Royal supporters! I'm working on a new television show and we're hoping to feature interviews with people who have written letters to Queen Elizabeth II. Of course the Palace have advised us that they cannot reveal anything about the correspondence, but they are very happy for us to seek it out as they know we are doing a programme to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. We'd love to hear from anyone, any age, who has ever written to Queen Elizabeth and might be willing to talk to us about the experience. We're hoping to hear about what moves people to write to her, what they hope will come of the experience and how the act of writing might represent something of how one feels when writing to Royalty. If you'd like to take part, please email me, Diane, at royalresearch74@gmail.com. All responses will be treated with absolute discretion. Many, many thanks for reading and I hope I'll hear from some of you letter writers!
Diane

What a great accomplishment for you, candle! I can only imagine how happy you felt when you received the letter! Keep up the good work with the website :flowers:

Congratulations Candle. The lovely lady Herself seems very humble and appreciative of letter from subjects and admirers alike. I'm sure you will have warmed her heart!

Ditto , I would love to do the same.

It was on my mind when Will & Kate were to be married, I wanted to Congratulate them...I never did get around to it,

Please share Her Majestie's BP address..

Thank You....

I thought about that too quite a few times as I've heard that for the most part, all correspondence is read and acknowledged should it be deemed appropriate even if its a form letter.

I wish my memory was a bit better but this puts me in mind of the story of when William visited an elderly lady, she had remarked about receiving birthday greetings or something from HM for a few years and I guess there was a picture enclosed and the dear said something to William about HM getting another dress or something. Later on that year, this elderly woman was invited to a garden party at BP and met the Queen. Perhaps someone remembers this story better than I but I know its been within the past 2 years as I read it right here on TRF. :D

Its remarkable I think that no matter who you are or who you write to in the BRF, you kind of have to have faith that your post will be read. Amazing!

Post Your Letter From The Queen

Hello,

I recently read a thread a number of threads down about letters to and from the Queen. I plan on writing a letter to the Queen and was just wondering if people can post what you got as a reply after you sent her a letter because I just want to see what I might be expecting from the Queen. (I know she of course does not write them herself) I also would like to ask how long did it take for her to send you a reply and how would the envelope look like. :whistling:

Thanks!

Last edited:
I plucked up the courage to write to The Queen for the Diamond Jubilee earlier in this year. I felt a bit silly writing about how much I admire the Queen and her family and all the work they do and have done over the years, but as I put it in the post box (with a stamp with the Queen's picture on it, of course) I felt glad I had done it. I received a generic printed Diamond Jubilee card in return as well as a portrait of HM The Queen which I requested on a little note I put in addressed to the Lady-in-Waiting who I know reads the letters from TV. I know they send out thousands of them every year but I still felt very touched to get this in the mail - and was very glad it arrived on the day of the Service of Thanksgiving :)

Well done! I've still never written to the Queen or any of her family because of similar reasons, never having written before why suddenly write now kind of thing, but your post is very encouraging and hopefully i and many others will write!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful experience. I too have never written to the Queen but have often thought about it. I suppose I havent done it thinking I would not get a response. I suppose it cant hurt to just do it, what is the worse that can happen? Who knows, I could be pleasantly surprised right? Oh heck, I think I shall do it now. Wish me luck and by the way, do I begin with Your Majesty?

One of our members based in Bangladesh recently sent a card to Her Majesty on the occasion of the Diamond Jubilee.
It is noteworthy that the letter he received in reply is not a generic word processor-produced "thank you", but relates specifically to what he had sent.

v The member has given permission for the reply to be reproduced here.
CPB-486617

Attachments

• Letter from BP.jpg
    Letter from BP.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,967
Lovely letter, and from Lady Susan Hussey, too. A letter to be treasured I'm sure.

Lovely letter, and from Lady Susan Hussey, too. A letter to be treasured I'm sure.

yes indeed - The A Team of Ladies In Waiting.... one of William's god mothers too

It's very interesting, as the Diamond Jubilee usual reply was an illustrated card.

I actually received a specific reply to my wishes for the Queen's 80th birthday because I had enclosed a poem about the Queen, which was briefly mentioned in the letter from the Palace. (sorry for the bad scan).

Attachments

• lettera1.jpg
    lettera1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,367
usa citizens

Don't forget to throw in a very low bow. That, and being a humble and obedient servant, would be most appreciated, especially coming from a US citizen.

I am a usa citizen and I did write that I have the honour of being her humble and obedient servant. It was hard to write it, but I thought about it briefly and I meant it.

I am a usa citizen and I did write that I have the honour of being her humble and obedient servant. It was hard to write it, but I thought about it briefly and I meant it.
Well, as US citizens we are not servants of Her Majesty, but if that's what you felt, then I don't think it's bad to say it. I have often thought about writing the Queen. I knew a woman in college who would send congratulations every time someone in the royal family got married or had a baby, and she always got a nice note in return. I don't know how she signed her letters. I think I would sign my letter something like "With great respect and admiration" or some such comment.

Signing off a letter to the Queen with "I have the honour of being your humble and obedient servant" is not really required these days from ordinary members of the public (at home and abroad). It is an extremely formal way of writing and in times gone by it would have had more of literal meaning than it would today. Just like the idea that British people are "subjects", it has no practical or realistic meaning in this day and age.
Of-course, the only "servants" these days are the Queen's staff (and they are referred to as "staff" these days) or her government ministers, who serve HM and the public alike!

I think AnnEliza's words, "with great respect and admiration" is great.

I did not write that, although if I had, I would have meant it. I used some alliteration.

im thinking on writing, my parents have been married 50 yrs this year and im looking for a replly from her majesty in relation to that, any advice on what to write?

im going to congratulate her on her 90 yrs of service (our family are strong monarchists) and want to mention that and my parents but dont know where to start. any advice :)

im thinking on writing, my parents have been married 50 yrs this year and im looking for a replly from her majesty in relation to that, any advice on what to write?

im going to congratulate her on her 90 yrs of service (our family are strong monarchists) and want to mention that and my parents but dont know where to start. any advice :)

The Queen has a rule that she only sends congratulatory messages to people celebrating their 60th, 65th, 70th and subsequent wedding anniversaries.

I'm sure if you write about her 90th birthday and happen to mention the wedding anniversary the letter response may acknowledge it but it will be from a Lady in Waiting.

Hope this is of some help.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

The Queen has a rule that she only sends congratulatory messages to people celebrating their 60th, 65th, 70th and subsequent wedding anniversaries.

I'm sure if you write about her 90th birthday and happen to mention the wedding anniversary the letter response may acknowledge it but it will be from a Lady in Waiting.

Hope this is of some help.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

ah right, didnt realise that, dontt want to break protocol, willl just write my congrats to her, your help is very much appreciated.

What I was told to do when my parents were approaching their 50th anniversary was to contact my local MP. I did so and he insisted on seeing the marriage certificate. Once he had seen that he arranged all the letters - the GG of Australia, the Governor of NSW, the local MPs at both federal and state level and the local mayor as well. I was also told that, if they made it to their 60th I would simply have to notify him, or his successor, and it would be done, including the letter from The Queen (my parents didn't make their 60th, which would have only been 4 days before the 60th anniversary of her accession). My sister-in-law did the same thing for her parents' 50th and 60th and was pleased with the letter from The Queen. Another friend, I know, who contact BP directly was told to go through their local MP to get it all done.

Back
Top Bottom