Letters to and from The Queen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have written a letter to queen two months ago, but no reply,, I am waiting for her reply, is any chances for ignoring I am feeling bad,,,

I have written a letter to queen two months ago, but no reply,, I am waiting for her reply, is any chances for ignoring I am feeling bad,,,

Since it is the Queen 90th Birthday this year, I suspect that she will have received many more cards and letters than usual and it may take longer for replies to be sent.

I'm not sure how long it normally takes for a letter to to arrive from India or a letter from the UK to arrive there, so that may also add to the delay.

Was it a birthday card you sent?

sir, I am an artist from INDIA,, I have painted few portraits which I have dedicated to Queen on her 90th B'day it was a general letter to queen,

How wonderful to be so talented as to be able to paint portraits! Its my understanding that all mail is duly read and responded to but it just takes time as, like Jack said, with the 90th birthday she's probably received thousands upon thousand of well wishes from all over the globe. Some she does respond too personally such as the one guy in the US that wrote to her asking her to take the "colonies" back. :D

Just be patient and watch your mailbox.

True - I have known some people to get a reply within two weeks while others have taken over 6 months and on two occasions I never received a reply (but that could simply be that those two were lost in the mail systems - sadly quite a lot of mail is never delivered for one reason or another).

There are stories printed that make you smile and then there are stories that are printed that *really* make you smile wide. This is one of the big, wide smile ones. :D

I love how Harriet the monkey was not only found but the staff at Buckingham Palace took the extra time to show Harriet's adventures around BP (she's really a well traveled monkey for sure) and had company with her returning home in Rex, the corgi. This is something those kids will never forget.

Last edited:
These are the kind of stories I wish we got more of in the media - makes a change from Brexit, Trump and whatever depressing political events have been happening in the world! Harriet is one lucky monkey - as is her owner! ?

In January 2001, I mailed HM the Queen a poem written for Queen Victoria's passing (one hundred years earlier) called 'The Queen's Last Ride'. About two weeks later, I received a letter from Sandrigham to my home in California, on behalf of Her Majesty thanking me for sharing the verses with her. The letter was signed Susan Hussey, Lady in Waiting. I treasure this letter. God Bless Queen Elizabeth ll !

Back
Top Bottom