General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's weird is NZ sources saying Philip and Queen are fine but the silence from BBC. Why would BP talk to only certain people and not the BBC?

And no offense but why would they talk to NZ and not others.

NZ news and CTV are not likely to have a scoop. If the palace has actually spoken it would be to BBC. They aren't going to speak to foreign press first.

If the Vancouver time is right for an announcement, that is 2 hours. They are an hour behind me and it is 11pm here.

NZ news and CTV are not likely to have a scoop. If the palace has actually spoken it would be to BBC. They aren't going to speak to foreign press first.

If the Vancouver time is right for an announcement, that is 2 hours. They are an hour behind me and it is 11pm here.

I dont know, the CTV journalist is verified. Why would she lie about talking to BP?

I tink we should also just wait and see. we well know in a couple hours for sure. To much speculation going on. Could be nothing.

But I think if there was a death only cert reporters would know this. Maybe I am wrong. Wel well knows soon for sure either way.

I dont know, the CTV journalist is verified. Why would she lie about talking to BP?

And all he has said is an announcement is to be made at 12 midnight Vancouver time. Nothing else. It is very possible a general release was sent to all media outlets saying an announcement will be made at this time.

Unlike other sources, CYV is not claiming to have spoken or have inside info. Simply that an announcement is pending.

Last edited:
Australian TV crossing live soon to their reporter who is among what they say are the crowds gathering outside Buckingham Palace.

Whatever it is, its big enough to warrant an pull everyone out of bed at 4am. Does "staff" include members of the royal family? Also, how do we even know an emergency meeting was called in the first place?

No the next DOE will be The Earl and Countess of Wessex. That has been known for years

It has been known for years that 'when' the title 'merges' with the Crown the intention is that it will be recreated for Edward.

For it to merge with the Crown both The Queen and Philip have to have passed away as Charles is Philip's heir and would inherit all his titles. He would never use them however as he has more senior titles to use.

We have a thread elsewhere to discuss the different scenarios that could happen to the Edinburgh title.

Maybe something happened to one of the royals besides the Queen and the DoE

Saw a tweet earlier from a regional BBC staffer complaining about being called in early to work for something that can't be reported until 8am. This was when it was still 430 am.

I'm guessing a scandal is about to break although I've no idea what kind of scandal would require all staff for an emergency meeting.

A woman reported on Twitter that there are a lot of police around BP, and they're moving people along.

Saw a tweet earlier from a regional BBC staffer complaining about being called in early to work for something that can't be reported until 8am. This was when it was still 430 am.

Exactly. None of these news reporters know what is happening. They do everything yo the book. The press office isn't about to release any information until an official announcement. As said at Christmas, even the death of the queen would not warrant an announcement earlier.

We've just had the live cross to a reporter outside Buckingham Palace on Australian TV.

He spoke with Palace officials twenty minutes ago, and was told no announcement will be made for an hour and a half.

Media is gathering.

Does anyone know where on the internet an American can get streaming coverage of what is taking place in front of BK? Thank you.

You know it just occurred maybe this is all a rehearsal and it just got leak into public and got out of control? But it still wouldn't make one if there is a Anncocusment coming at 8am

The announcement will be: "This was a rehearsal"

Where are Charles and Camilla right now? I thought in Scotland?

General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Part 2: March 2017

Who is saying they are at BP? Andrew and Sophie are out of the country. Charles has engagements in Scotland this week that's why he couldn't go to Norfolk for Charlotte's birthday.

Wouldn't we be seeing other royals going into BP soon?

Who is saying they are at BP? Andrew and Sophie are out of the country. Charles has engagements in Scotland this week that's why he couldn't go to Norfolk for Charlotte's birthday.

Wouldn't we be seeing other royals going into BP soon?

We have no idea they aren't. Charles and Camilla could be very well headed from Scotland. And Sophie and Andrew back from over seas. We're not talking popping in from Windsor. charles could very well have come down with the Balmoral staff. They aren't about to reveal that until an announcement is made.

I really don't think some reporters would be told and others not. I'm thinking now they are both ok but whatever I think it's been handled wrong.

Now, everyone is left wondering what kind of announcement will be coming. For a while I thought some bad happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom