General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some people are afraid. Seeing the Queen and the Prince having it will reassure them.

I'm glad they've had the vaccine and also that they have announced it. Really they had no choice, if they hadn't released it there would have been all sorts of speculation as to why etc. Also they seem to have been vaccinated at a good time - not to soon near the start for there to be accusations of special treatment not to late that they are left vulnerable.

I know everyone here hates it but I've read it for about 20 years. In the comments section of the Daily Mail people were sniping that if the vaccine was so safe why wasn't the queen getting it? So I'm glad that she did.

I believe it was said before they would make it known when they had the shot.

It makes sense Elizabeth would let the public know. From day one of her reign she has made it a point to be 'an example to her people'. Having the vaccine is a good way for her to encourage others to do the same.

Sadly there are too many people who won't listen to the doctors. They will only do things if they see people they admire doing it first.

Sore arm but nothing else to complain about from mine.

Roya Nikkhah has tweeted out and included a screenshot of the Sunday Times paper that the Queen is planning to return to London for her 95th Birthday and Trooping of the Colour would likely to go ahead. The Queen and the Royal Family are keen to give full Honours to the British Army. There is also the possible plan that The Queen will meet Harry and Meghan in June at Trooping of the Colour.

Roya Nikkhah @RoyaNikkhah
EXCLUSIVE The Queen will return to London for her 95th birthday celebrations. Her Majesty is planning a first family reunion with the Sussexes since Megxit at Trooping the Colour in June. HM and the royal family are determined to give full honours to
@BritishArmy
@thesundaytimes
7:38 PM · Jan 10, 2021·Twitter for iPhone​

I'll believe it when I see it about the part with Harry and Meghan at Trooping. :D

It's nice to be optimistic but the way this pandemic has gone, anything can happen between now and then.

I very much hope that, by June, everyone will be able to be reunited with their loved ones: I know plenty of people who haven't been able to see family and friends living abroad for over a year now. But, the way things are going, we just don't know ... and we don't even know if it'll be possible for Trooping the Colour to go ahead. Like the rest of us, the Queen can't make plans at the moment :-( .

That’s fantastic ! I really hope that this time a celebration can be held..and if it is, I DO believe Harry and Meghan will be there.

I am glad the Queen and Prince Philip received their first vaccine. Hope everyone who need it get it on time. Hope the UK's vaccination program is better organized than here. A lot of the vaccine here had to be destroyed, because of very bad planning, and the people are the ones who are paying the prize for it. Here if people in need but are not in the age group are given the vaccine, hospitals are getting big fines, but it seems to be OK, if it has to be disposed off, because it is passed the expiration date. So much bad planning gives me a migraine.

The UK seems to be doig a fine job of its vaccination programme. About 1.5m people have already had the first jab, and 13.5m are expected to get it by mid-February.

Last edited:
I think it is a bit premature to be thinking of TC. This pandemic has created so many set backs plus there are already 2 mutant strains out there.

Also think of the balcony scenel with the Queen. Staying 6 feet apart will only allow for 6-8 members of the royal family best.

The organisers do have to start considering options though, even if it ends up being a slightly bigger version of 2020 with the Queen at Windsor.

This also wasn't officially announced, someone leaked the story to Roya.

This also wasn't officially announced, someone leaked the story to Roya.

I didn't realise that. How peculiar.

If there's going to be a trooping in London I can't see large crowds being encourged in June. Most sources seem to suggest a return to normality by late summer/early autumn. Would love to be proved wrong & everything gets better much sooner.

Last edited:
I very much hope so, but it seems unlikely. Last summer, we all opened everything up, and people from all over Europe were travelling abroad on holiday, and, at the time, it seemed like the right thing to go - it looked as if the worst was over, and places were desperate to get their economies going again. But, with the benefit of hindsight, maybe it would have been better to hang fire. I think all governments are going to be a lot more cautious this time round.

Also think of the balcony scenel with the Queen. Staying 6 feet apart will only allow for 6-8 members of the royal family best.

I would not suggest a Trooping of the Colour till it is safe to do so, but I see the rationale for only the relevant members of the BRF being present on the balcony.

On the note of US politics, according to Roya Nikkhah and Caroline Wheeler from The Sunday Times, The Queen will host receptions at Buckingham Palace this summer ahead of the G7 summit in Cornwall. US President and other World Leaders will be invited.

Queen to host Joe Biden at Buckingham Palace this summer
Prince Charles, who snubbed Donald Trump during his 2018 visit, will also attend the meeting with the new president
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...en-at-buckingham-palace-this-summer-kbpf0q5cz

On the note of US politics, according to Roya Nikkhah and Caroline Wheeler from The Sunday Times, The Queen will host receptions at Buckingham Palace this summer ahead of the G7 summit in Cornwall. US President and other World Leaders will be invited.

Queen to host Joe Biden at Buckingham Palace this summer
Prince Charles, who snubbed Donald Trump during his 2018 visit, will also attend the meeting with the new president
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...en-at-buckingham-palace-this-summer-kbpf0q5cz

Nice to hear of the G7 plans, but they can't exactly say this will go ahead for sure, can they?

If and when the POW is crowned King and he snubbed other head of States maybe he should by then have taken a page out of his mothers handbook about the proper way to abide by protocol. Maybe they will have a lovely conversation about Barisma and China. The whole Biden clan will be represented as was the Trump family . Would love to be a fly on the wall, to listen to this conversation. I still remember when the Queen hosted the Communist Ruler of Romania. She did not like him or what he stood for neither did I, but she performed her job flawlessly as always. Now that is CLASS.

If and when the POW is crowned King and he snubbed other head of States maybe he should by then have taken a page out of his mothers handbook about the proper way to abide by protocol. Maybe they will have a lovely conversation about Barisma and China. The whole Biden clan will be represented as was the Trump family . Would love to be a fly on the wall, to listen to this conversation. I still remember when the Queen hosted the Communist Ruler of Romania. She did not like him or what he stood for neither did I, but she performed her job flawlessly as always. Now that is CLASS.

I am afraid it is, IMO, far from the truth that Charles snubbed Trump in 2018. When Trump visited in 2018, he only had a brief meeting with HM The Queen at Windsor. No other royals were present, and frankly for a meeting that lasted less than an hour, none were required or are usually present.

Donald Trump and his family subsequently visited in 2019 on a state visit. As befitting a state visit, events over the course of a few days were organised, and Trump and family were entertained by all the senior members of the BRF. The only exception was Meghan, who had recently given birth and was on maternity leave. Charles and Camilla were present at all the key events, and even hosted Trump and Melania at Clarence House. No snubs there at all.

I think this is all a bit previous. Much as I would love to think that Buckingham Palace receptions will have resumed by June, it doesn't seem very likely. I'm not even sure that the summit will happen. It only takes one person in one of the entourages to have the virus - and, as we've seen with the Australian Open, testing negative 72 hours before you fly doesn't necessarily mean that you won't test positive after arrival - and it could get awkward. Even if everyone actually directly in attendance has been vaccinated, there'll be a lot of staff and press people involved too.

But it's a nice idea!

Seems to me this is nothing more than sitting what is pretty obvious - the Queen always meets the G7 leaders when they meet in the UK. Therefore if the situation allows the G7 to go ahead then it would likely be safe enough for HM to meet the leaders as that truly could take place outside/in an large space with just HM, staff from her bubble and G7 leaders while staff/security wait outside.

This seems like nothing more than "if the G7 can go ahead it will follow the usual norms".

No one has a clue how things will be come the summer of 2021. However, it is far easier to plan ahead to assure things are in place and ready should the G7 summit go on as planned. It's far easier to plan ahead than to rush to assemble everything together at the last minute. These plans are being prepared. ?

Who actually invited Trump for a state visit?
https://img3.nickiswift.com/img/gal...nvited-trump-for-a-state-visit-1598262409.jpg
Jackson/Getty Images
Donald Trump finally got his big bells-and-whistles state visit to the United Kingdom in June 2019. "The President of The United States of America, President Donald J. Trump, accompanied by Mrs. Melania Trump, has accepted an invitation from Her Majesty The Queen to pay a State Visit to the UK," an announcement on the royal family's*Twitter*account read. Many British MPs were appalled*that Her Majesty was going to host the divisive president, but did the queen really invite Trump to London personally? Not exactly.

While the official statement made it sound as though she was the one who arranged the state visit, in reality, Queen Elizabeth is little more than a high profile holiday rep when it comes to these events. "HMQ is not responsible for the invitation for a state visit to the UK,"*royal historian Cepe Smith said.*"The decision is made by Government. As head of state she undertakes to host state visits which are requested by [the] Gov."

To many, it looked like a friendly gesture on the queen's part, but it was purely business. The state visit gave British politicians and leading figures the chance to bend Trump's ear, Prince Charles included. The queen's son is a passionate environmentalist and he took his chance to drill the president on climate action. Trump admitted to being moved by "his passion for future generations"*in an interview with Good Morning Britain's Piers Morgan.
Do my eyes deceive me or is that a photo of Prince Charles ignoring a visiting Head of State during an Official State Visit?

Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/239302/inside-trumps-relationship-with-the-queen/?utm_campaign=clip

Responding to the post of who invided P.Trump for a State Visit. We all know it is not the Queen, it is the Government. The Queen is the shining star, who represents, she may be the Head of State, in Name only. [.....]Also every year at Opening of Parliament the Queen reads off the new laws, tax hikes or what nots, she say's my Government, she does not make laws, never has or will, neither did her father, or her Uncle David. No one knows how the Queen feels about the Head of States she meets? I don't believe that after the visit she calls for a GOSSIP session and talks about them.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Queen is sending a private message of condolence to the family of Captain Sir Tom Moore.

Her Majesty very much enjoyed meeting Captain Sir Tom and his family at Windsor last year. Her thoughts and those of the Royal Family are with them"

I am sorry to hear about the death of Cpt. Sir Tim Moore. He was a light in the tunnel that shined bright. Sadly he could not enjoy his Knighthood longer then six months. It was nice for the Queen to respond. Sir Tom RIP.

What a lovely message of sympathy from the queen.

Very sad news about Captain Sir Tom Moore, but it is a lovely message from the Queen, and a lovely photo, too.

So sad to read the news regarding Capt. Sir Tom Moore's passing but I will always remember his incredible fundraising for the NHS. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom