General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey that's fabulous HP, it must have given you a thrill. As so often she just whizzes by and its very difficult to get eye contact.

The main story is originated from the Sun, in which I would take it a pinch of salt.

The Queen on most occasion stay at Sandringham for Christmas and January/February, mainly because of the anniversary of her father's (George VI's) death and her own accession. Her grandfather (George V) also passed away in Sandringham at 20 January 1936.

In defence of The Queen, it would be terrible if she cannot stay at Sandringham for Christmas.

In Windsor the families of the personnel could probably self-isolate with their loved ones over Christmas. It is quite spacious there. And it would be good marketing... all together in it, one nation - one family, you name it.

I mean, ok, the Queen deserves special attention. She is really old!

They've had Windsor Christmases (at Windsor) before. William and Harry have spoken about them.

I've seen the same report elsewhere - I wouldn't particularly trust the Sun, but it's being reported in other papers too. It's not always easy for elderly people to cope with a change from their routine, but I do understand the staff being unwilling to be isolated from their families ... although, as things are, it's not as if anyone will doing much meeting up over Christmas anyway.

I doubt that the Queen's "furious", though. These are hardly normal times, and she's coped with considerably worse things than having to stay at Windsor over Christmas! Disappointed, but not furious.

Thank you angieuk for the link to the article, which includes Ingrid Seward's interview of Sky News UK. Without "discrediting", the interview was part of the promotion of her book, Prince Philip Revealed: A Man of His Century, which is out now (October).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Philip-Portrait-Duke-Edinburgh/dp/1471183521/

I think Sky News has tweeted out before Ms Seward's interview appearance
SkyNews @SkyNews
Royal author Ingrid Seward joins @KayBurley to discuss her new biography of the Duke of Edinburgh.

[Clock face nine-thirty] 9.30
[Right pointing backhand index] #KayBurley
[Television] Sky 501 / Freeview 233
[Mobile phone] Watch live: https://trib.al/NJ70lwb
6:05 PM · Sep 30, 2020·Twitter Media Studio​

I would not be surprised if Prince Phillip held those opinions, given that he has devoted almost his whole life to serve the country and supported the Queen, while given up his naval career earlier than expected.

Thank you angieuk for the link to the article, which includes Ingrid Seward's interview of Sky News UK. Without "discrediting", the interview was part of the promotion of her book, Prince Philip Revealed: A Man of His Century, which is out now (October).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prince-Philip-Portrait-Duke-Edinburgh/dp/1471183521/

I think Sky News has tweeted out before Ms Seward's interview appearance
SkyNews @SkyNews
Royal author Ingrid Seward joins @KayBurley to discuss her new biography of the Duke of Edinburgh.

[Clock face nine-thirty] 9.30
[Right pointing backhand index] #KayBurley
[Television] Sky 501 / Freeview 233
[Mobile phone] Watch live: https://trib.al/NJ70lwb
6:05 PM · Sep 30, 2020·Twitter Media Studio​

I would not be surprised if Prince Phillip held those opinions, given that he has devoted almost his whole life to serve the country and supported the Queen, while given up his naval career earlier than expected.

Philip loved his Lilibet more than he loved his Naval career, and he understood what marrying her meant to his life. I have an incredible amount of respect for him, for what he gave up....... and I understand why he is befuddled and annoyed at Meghan. I have a feeling he wonders why she got involved with Harry, knowing who he was, what his position was, etc.., while not wanting to sacrifice any of her personal freedom.

Prince Philip's is who he is. He understands the Monarchy and the love to his wife the Queen. With rank and position, comes responsibility, he was willing to give up everything else,to be with the love of his life, and to serve. Meghan is not willing to do that,I would call it self serving.

According to Chris Ship's linked tweets, there will be no more receptions and investitures for the rest of this year due to social distancing requirement. The Queen will use Buckingham Palace for official duties and engagements.

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Buckingham Palace has decided to cancel all receptions and investitures for the rest of the year. They have concluded they cannot accommodate large numbers of people at the palace due to social distancing requirements
12:16 AM · Oct 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
Replying to @chrisshipitv
It remains the Queens intention to live at Windsor Castle but still to use Buckingham Palace for certain official duties and engagements. Obviously we now know they will only be very small ones, not any that necessitate a large crowd of people
12:42 AM · Oct 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Queen Elizabeth has sent a message to the members of the News Media Association on the occasion of the Journalism Matters Week (October 5-11, to celebrate the importance of trusted journalism):

** Message **

According to some reports, the Queen has returned to Windsor Castle, after travelling from Sandringham

Majesty/Joe Little also included a screenshot of The Court Circular on the Times, but did not really specified
Majesty/Joe Little @MajestyMagazine
The Queen has returned to Windsor Castle after her sojourn on the Sandringham Estate.
6:39 PM · Oct 7, 2020·Twitter for iPad​

Chris Ship has also tweeted, but more directly and stated that Prince Philip remains at Wood Farm in Sandringham estate
Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
The Queen has returned to Windsor Castle after spending time at Wood Farm in Sandringham with Prince Philip. He remains there. It’s the first time since lockdown they’ve been separated (and almost certainly the longest they’ve spent in the same place in many decades!)
9:25 PM · Oct 7, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Camilla Tominey (Royal Correspondent for The Telegraph) has released a video on the Queen's effort in the COVID-19 pandemic. She is speaking/narrating. Some description of the Youtube video:
The Queen has returned to Windsor after her summer break at Balmoral and Sandringham. She will now split her time between Windsor and Buckingham Palace, carrying out her royal duties.

After a turbulent year for the royals with the departure of Prince Harry and Meghan to the US, The Telegraph's Associate Editor Camilla Tominey explains why the Queen's video calls and TV broadcasts during the Covid-19 pandemic have helped restore faith in the monarchy.​

According to this morning's papers, the Queen won't be attending church at Sandringham at Christmas, because of fears about attracting crowds. It's going to be a very strange Christmas.

According to this morning's papers, the Queen won't be attending church at Sandringham at Christmas, because of fears about attracting crowds. It's going to be a very strange Christmas.

It will certainly not be the traditional Christmas we are used to seeing!

I was wondering about the presence of the RF at this years Christmas morning service.

Interesting I've only seen this in the Express so far, usually royal stories are picked up quickly by others. That said I can't see how they could safely attend Church to be honest, not in the usual way. HM could possibly still attend the usual early morning service that the public do not line the way for, though I'm not sure there is any evidence of her having attended usual church services so far since the pandemic if she was ever going to it would be on Christmas Day (a special day where an exception like Beatrice's wedding may be made).

Just a point on the supposed Sandringham staff revolt - if the rule of 6 isn't relaxed couldn't HM and Phil stay at Wood Farm?

Interesting I've only seen this in the Express so far, usually royal stories are picked up quickly by others. That said I can't see how they could safely attend Church to be honest, not in the usual way. HM could possibly still attend the usual early morning service that the public do not line the way for, though I'm not sure there is any evidence of her having attended usual church services so far since the pandemic if she was ever going to it would be on Christmas Day (a special day where an exception like Beatrice's wedding may be made).

Just a point on the supposed Sandringham staff revolt - if the rule of 6 isn't relaxed couldn't HM and Phil stay at Wood Farm?

I'd be very surprised if she was not going to church, but possibley she's having private services

At Windsor she has a number of options if she wanted to attend a private service, including the chapel in the castle and All Saints, a number of royal chaplains, a domestic chaplain and a number of Canons from St. George's who could be called upon to conduct private services. She could be having morning and evening prayer twice a day and we wouldn't know.

As for Christmas, it seems sensible for a number of reasons that they might not want to or be able to do the usual services, but we'll see.

She could also have a chaplain come to Sandringham House rather than go to church. We'll see.

For some people Christmas is not as meaningful in the religious aspect if the individuals do not attend church.

I think they are skyping in - but the Queen can call a minister for a house call. Most of the palace have their own private chapels and such.

This virus has total control of our life. Sad for children and older people who can't give each other a hug which is very important to their wellbeing. Everything has to take a backseat, because conduct could make people ill. We are all afraid for something we can't see. We are not seeing the RF on Christmas going to Church, maybe not even going for the yearly Christmas lunch. All the lookdown may not be the right thing, because after openings again the virus surge,keep ones distance may be the best way to go_OMO

I know this is from the Daily Mail. Emily Andrew (Royal Editor for Mail on Sunday) has tweeted out with a screenshot of the paper that the Queen has travelled to Wood Farm in Sandringham Estate last weekend (31st October and 1st November). I think the article is from Mail Online+, which requires subscription

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews
HAPPY NEWS! The Queen has left Windsor to see Philip at Sandringham. It’s the heart-warming love affair of this year (!) that HM & DoE want to spend more time together & have been enjoying each other’s company. And we all need some happy news. Happy Sunday everyone. [Jack-o-lantern] [Ghost].
8:19 PM · Nov 1, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

I found another article, that is free with similar content:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...indsor-Castle-long-weekend-Prince-Philip.html

With second lockdown to be implemented this week, The Queen and her staff were very lucky!! Apparently, she is expected to return to Windsor early this week.

I know this is from the Daily Mail. Emily Andrew (Royal Editor for Mail on Sunday) has tweeted out with a screenshot of the paper that the Queen has travelled to Wood Farm in Sandringham Estate last weekend (31st October and 1st November). I think the article is from Mail Online+, which requires subscription

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews
HAPPY NEWS! The Queen has left Windsor to see Philip at Sandringham. It’s the heart-warming love affair of this year (!) that HM & DoE want to spend more time together & have been enjoying each other’s company. And we all need some happy news. Happy Sunday everyone. [Jack-o-lantern] [Ghost].
8:19 PM · Nov 1, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

I found another article, that is free with similar content:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...indsor-Castle-long-weekend-Prince-Philip.html

With second lockdown to be implemented this week, The Queen and her staff were very lucky!! Apparently, she is expected to return to Windsor early this week.

Aww, that’s so wonderful...theirs is truly a great love. I’m imaging the Queen cooking and Philip washing up, and I smile - they are just like any ordinary couple (kind of, lol). 73 years...wow.

The Duke remains at Wood Farm I take it?

The Duke remains at Wood Farm I take it?

That's what I initially thought, because The Duke has been staying there since Balmoral and likes living in Wood Farm. However, I then read Chris Ship's tweet which says that The Duke of Edinburgh has already travelled from Sandringham to Windsor.

Chris Ship @chrisshipitv
As if the second lockdown didn’t seem familiar enough, Buckingham Palace says that the Duke of Edinburgh has now relocated from Sandringham to be with the Queen at Windsor. It is where both the Queen and Prince Phillip spent the entirety of the first lockdown
1:04 AM · Nov 3, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Victoria Murphy also tweeted out that Prince Philip has travelled to Windsor with the Queen. There has been no comments from Buckingham Palace on Christmas arrangement

Victoria Murphy @byQueenVic
Prince Philip travelled back with the Queen to Windsor today, which had been the plan for a while. Buckingham Palace says there won’t be any comment yet on any Christmas arrangements.
12:57 AM · Nov 3, 2020·Twitter for iPhone​

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, I will admit that I didn't go onto read the Daily Mail link ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom