General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lovely Easter message.

I’m Jewish, so obviously I don’t celebrate Easter (it’s actually Passover now), but even so, I think the Queen’s beautiful message of hope resonates ...

I love listening to HM - she has such a lovely, reassuring voice

Chag Sameach! ?

Isn't the Queen still as beautiful as ever. I've seen lots of comments on social media about her lovely skin and how good she looks.

:previous: HM always perfectly coordinates her makeup and outfits no matter the occasion. You've got to admire her efforts!

This is the 1st time this has happened during the queen's reign.

Trooping the Colour's off as well, but they could technically have done the gun salute because it wouldn't have involved crowds ... but it's the right decision to cancel it. It's not the time for making any sort of big show.

Trooping the Colour's off as well, but they could technically have done the gun salute because it wouldn't have involved crowds ... but it's the right decision to cancel it. It's not the time for making any sort of big show.

Agreed. HM almost always puts the right foot forward, and she’s done it again. There’s little to celebrate when so many people are dying.

A dignified response from HM as usual. Cancelling the gun salute was the right thing to do, IMO.

Bottom line from Buckingham Palace: "We will not be marking Her Majesty’s birthday in any special way" this year due to the #coronavirus crisis. Any video calls between family members will be private ones.

After watching what Christian and his siblings did for their farmor's birthday, here I start dreaming to see something similiar from George and his siblings for their Gan-Gan.
Oh well, people can dream, right?:sad:

At best an Instagram birthday wish from Kensington palace and likely princess Eugenie's account for the queen, with some old photo. We could hold our breath on an un-released photo of the queen with the Cambridge kids, like one not seen from George baking at Christmas with the queen. But I was never expecting to see even anything close to what we saw in Denmark.

We're getting hours of royal documentaries at the moment! Some are repeats, but there was one about Prince Philip, last night, which must have been made after lockdown started, because the "experts" were speaking via video links from their homes. There's one on Wednesday night about the Queen's role during the war, and one next week about Princess Anne. Most of it just involves showing old video clips, but at least it's something to watch, with no live sport and reduced numbers of episodes of soap operas. We've also had one about Charles and Camilla, although I think that was probably planned in advance, for their 15th anniversary, and one about the Queen Mother's wartime role.

Well done indeed. I love that he closed out with those collecting the rubbish, letting everyone know that it takes everyone to keep the infrastructure intact. That the heros are not all slaving over microscopes or sweating in PPE at the coal face. They are doing all the grunt work inbetween.

What a beautiful statement of acknowledgment to all the heroes fighting this war on every front ...Philip is amazing.

It's lovely that he's come out of retirement to do this.

I'm glad he's thanked the binmen. They have to touch dozens of bins on their rounds, so, even if they're wearing gloves, it's quite a risky job with this horrible virus around. Postmen and women are doing a sterling job, too, and the people who work in post offices.

All Essential services are very important. It is good to hear that Prince Philip as been following events closely and his cognitive abilities are sound enough for him to put out this statement that sounds so much like the practical man that he is.

Let's be real - he hasn't 'come out of retirement'. He asked his staff to issue a statement (or someone asked his staff on his behalf to issue a statement).

Let's be real - he hasn't 'come out of retirement'. He asked his staff to issue a statement (or someone asked his staff on his behalf to issue a statement).

[...]

I fully believe The Duke of Edinburgh put his name to something he thought of and believed, if he didn’t why did he do it? He certainly didn’t have to, considering he’s retired now.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to hear individually from Prince Philip! Good of him to issue the statement.

We're getting hours of royal documentaries at the moment! Some are repeats, but there was one about Prince Philip, last night, which must have been made after lockdown started, because the "experts" were speaking via video links from their homes. There's one on Wednesday night about the Queen's role during the war, and one next week about Princess Anne. Most of it just involves showing old video clips, but at least it's something to watch, with no live sport and reduced numbers of episodes of soap operas. We've also had one about Charles and Camilla, although I think that was probably planned in advance, for their 15th anniversary, and one about the Queen Mother's wartime role.

It was really interesting, I enjoyed it.
It reminds us that 'oldies' are not born old.
In the the present world old can be seen as outdated and out of touch.

He came from a broken home, handed around relatives to take care of him, dependent on their generosity for his education.

Had no option but to stand on his own two feet, found his niche in the navy, fought in the second world war. then had to give up his career to support his wife and the crown earlier than he thought it would be.

His sisters were not invited to his wedding as they had links to the Nazis.

Joining the royal family involves service to the crown, yes they are rich, have big houses and palaces.

People who marry in to the royal family should look no further than Philip for an insight.

Aww, that is so incredibly sweet. HM was such a serious baby, lol - it's lovely to see her as just a young girl, playing and having fun with Margaret.......

Some of that was on the Elizabeth at 90 documentary. I remember it was Lady Sarah Chatto who was commenting on how sweet it was with the older sister teaching the younger the words/actions to a song. Also The Queen said that the dance with her sister, mother & Crawfie (on the old royal yacht Victoria & Albert) was the Palais Glide.

Love the video, especially the ones with animals like her on a horse. Made me smile to see her at that age. Love her and Margaret dancing with mom.

Happy birthday to the queen :flowers:

Wow, this will be incredibly poignant......

On that day, Charles will also be reading a passage from George VI's diary...

The Queen is set to deliver a nationwide address on May 8 at 9pm to mark this year's VE Day. The time chosen for her speech to be broadcasted on BBC One is particularly poignant as it coincides with the exact hour her father, late King George VI, gave a radio address in 1945 to formally announce the Allies' victory.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...rge-vi-speech-veterans-world-war-2-royal-news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom