The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen has had to meet with far worse men than Trump in her life....she'll handle whatever happens with her usual aplomb. I'm sure anyone meeting with the Queen is advised before hand on the proper protocol...so hopefully it all goes well.

I just want to see what Melania is wearing...I loved her outfit today when they arrived.

LaRae

Old 07-15-2018, 01:32 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh has become godfather again last week:

** dailymail: Prince Philip becomes a godfather again aged 97 to the Earl Mountbatten's grandson **

Old 07-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Majesty

That's wonderful. However, the article has it wrong. Alexandra (whom Charles gave away at her wedding last year) isn't Earl Mountbatten's daughter. He only had two children, Patricia and Pamela. She is is his great-granddaughter.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a new Earl Mountbatten who is the grandson of the 1st Earl.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Thanks Skippyboo. Too early in the morning here for me, obviously!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

A family line might be helpful here:

1. 1st Earl Mountbatten - the famous Uncle Dickie
2. 2nd Countess Mountbatten - Lord Mountbatten's elder daughter and first cousin to Prince Philip
3. 3rd Earl Mountbatten - grandson of Uncle Dickie and the current holder of the title
4. Alexandra Hooper - daughter of the 3rd Earl Mountbatten and great-granddaughter of the 1st Earl
5. Baby Hooper - grandson of the current Earl Mountbatten and great-great-grandson of the 1st Earl Mountbatten
Old 07-15-2018, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Is baby Hooper a boy? Has his name been disclosed?
Are their any pictures? It is a great honour for the baby and, I imagine, for Prince Philip.
i doubt Philip would have met Trump anyway - as he is still recovering, I guess.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I missed this news earlier - how wonderful for both Philip and the new little member of the Mountbatten family.
Just out of interest, are any other royals godparents to any Mountbattens? I know that in reverse Lord Ivar Mountbatten is Lady Louise's godfather.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-20-2018, 10:24 AM
Majesty

The Queen's income from her private Duchy of Lancaster estate has increased by almost a million pounds to just over £20 million, new accounts have revealed today

Via Russell Myers Twitter
Old 08-03-2018, 02:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

A 8-year old Australian boy invite the Queen to his birthday party.

"Please let me know if you can make it"

Australian boy, 8, pens adorable letter to Queen inviting her to bowling birthday | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Queen's income from her private Duchy of Lancaster estate has increased by almost a million pounds to just over £20 million, new accounts have revealed today

Via Russell Myers Twitter
Is that income for the Queen before Taxes or is it the net income? I did read somewhere, that the Queen has agreed to pay income tax (it was right after the fire in Windsor, when she was a bit short of monies).

And I wonder, what happens, when she simply forgets to pay taxes, or the cheque is lost in the mail... Will she then be thrown into the Tower? I mean, surely not, as head of state she enjoys immunity.

I just find it interesting, that William the Conqueror owned the whole of England, even if it was just a second, before he shared it with his barons - And the Windsors are not even billionaires! They lost quite a lot over the generations, the royals!
Old 08-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
A 8-year old Australian boy invite the Queen to his birthday party.

"Please let me know if you can make it"

Australian boy, 8, pens adorable letter to Queen inviting her to bowling birthday | Daily Mail Online
Aw, what a sweet anecdote! Buckingham Palace or a lady-in-waiting should at least respond to the little boy even to decline. I'm sure that any letter from the palace would make his day.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

Every letter that the palace receives is responded to. There are about four secretaries who deal with this. When they read an adorable letter like this they will definately pass it on to her. As they know she will get great pleasure from it. We have seen many documentaries where they showed these ladies dealing with the Queens mail.

And for the previous post the Lord Comptroller deals with the Queens finances. It is his job to put the cheque in the mail.
Old 08-04-2018, 05:17 AM
Nobility

Two Things are certain...

@Tarlita #607

Thank you for your answer! But Wikipedia claims, the Comptroler is now a largely cermonial job, while there is a Treasurer, a normally promoted Comptroler...

Well, anyway, that was not my point and I am sure, the Queen pays her taxes in time! I am just wondering: Let's say, there is an "activist judge", who happens to be a republican... There is always something in doubt with the taxes! And this activist judge could do quite some image damage to the royals.

In the commentaries of the newspapers (online) one finds often, that the royals live from the taxpayer's money. They do not, but there is a field of problems!
Old 08-04-2018, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the correction Victor. Gosh sometimes it is hard to keep up.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen visits Crathie Kirk near Balmoral | Daily Mail Online

The Queen at Crathie Kirk.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Nice to see the Queen, but stupid article. “Rare public appearance”! She goes to church every Sunday regular as clockwork unless she is ill, so how is that rare?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Doctor to the Queen named as cyclist who died in Holborn bike tragedy | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
The experienced homeopathic physician served the Queen for almost 15 years as a member of the royal medical household.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Nice to see the Queen, but stupid article. “Rare public appearance”! She goes to church every Sunday regular as clockwork unless she is ill, so how is that rare?

I find it interesting that Queen is baptized in the Church of England, but, while in Scotland, she attends a parish church of the (Presbyterian) Church of Scotland rather than attending a Scottish Episcopal Church service, which would follow an Anglican liturgy instead.

Geographic proximity to Balmoral may be a factor, but I suspect there is also some constitutional motivation behind the Queen's parsih choice given the Church of Scotland's legal status as the "national church" (albeit not an "established church") north of the border. Could anyone please comment if that is the case ?
Old 08-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Nobility

General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Part 2: March 2017

The Queen attends the Church of Scotland as an ordinary member as that church has Jesus Christ as its head unlike the Church of England where the Queen is supreme governor.
The Official Royal website explains the constitutional position of the monarch with the Church of Scotland:
https://www.royal.uk/queens-relation...d-other-faiths

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii