The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What a wonderful tribute to a very British, beloved by children all over the world bear and its creator, Michael Bond. Mr. Bond passed away last June but it seems the rest of the world is now following Mr. Bond's words of "Please take care of this bear".

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Delightful!

Old 02-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The travels of the Queen all around the world

https://medicaltravelcompared.co.uk/...abeth-map.aspx
Never in NYC or Washington DC? I looked it up - she's been a number of place in '57, '76, '91 and '07.
Old 03-06-2018, 02:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip an early morning carriage ride at Windsor Castle on Monday

Prince Philip heads out for a carriage ride at Windsor Castle | Daily Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth was renamed Rain Queen in South Africa as massive downpours during the Queen's first official trip to country after apartheid earned her the nickname Motlalepula

Elizabeth II was renamed Rain Queen in South Africa * | Daily Mail Online

A nice portrait of Queen Elizabeth by German Artist Gerhard Richter

https://api.profimedia.com/data/larg...0366540182.jpg
Old 03-06-2018, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Great to see him enjoying a passion of his......a marvel!
Old 03-06-2018, 03:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Queen Elizabeth at 13 with her family just weeks before outbreak of WWI

Rare footage of Queen Elizabeth II at 13 resurfaces | Daily Mail Online
World War II
Old 03-11-2018, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Never in NYC or Washington DC? I looked it up - she's been a number of place in '57, '76, '91 and '07.
I was intrigued by the statement below from the link provided by Eya.

Quote:
Although she has visited the US many more times, the Queen has only made four official state visits to the UK’s closest ally – the latest in 2007. However, she has made two additional state visits as the Queen of Canada – the only times she has made such a trip as the representative of another nation.
When did the Queen visit the US as "Queen of Canada" and how does one know exactly if she is visiting as the Queen of the UK or of some other realm ?
Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

When did the Queen visit the US as "Queen of Canada" and how does one know exactly if she is visiting as the Queen of the UK or of some other realm ?
I believe one time was when the St. Lawrence Seaway was opened back in the late 1950s. I could be wrong though!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

She attended a state dinner in 1957 (hosted by then President Eisenhower) and another in 1959 (hosted by then Vice-President Nixon) that are described as state visits undertaken by the Queen of Canada. Presumably these visits were undertaken at the request of the Canadian government; they both occurred around the same time as royal tours of Canada (the ‘57 done to open Parliament, the ‘59 to open the St Lawrence Seaway.

There have been other official visits to countries undertaken by Royals that Wikipedia at least seems to think were undertaken on behalf of Canada, and not the UK.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:28 PM
Courtier

It is a nice portrait. I wonder if there are any portraits of her that she did not like. I know she has to be pretty open minded. The royal collection recently added some additional Andy Warhol’s do her. At the prices they go for these days, I am sure she had prepurchase approval.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital for planned surgery on his hip which will take place tomorrow, Buckingham Palace has announced

Via Roya Nikkhah Twitter
Old 04-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

This is more serious with the hip than we may have thought. At least they've found and recognized the problem and are able to fix it. I'm hoping for a fast and speedy recovery so that we see Philip in all his glory walking down the aisle at his grandson's wedding in May.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish the DoE good luck with an operation that altho' 'routine', IS a worry at so advanced an age.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

That is terrifying. Praying for him.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, Prince Philip is in my prayers too. He’s having a surgery that hope not to have, because I have bad hip problems as well. Right now the pain is in remission.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I wish the DoE good luck with an operation that altho' 'routine', IS a worry at so advanced an age.
This is true. I have to think though that Philip isn't your average almost 97 year old though. He's pretty much kept himself in good shape over the years and that will work to his advantage, I think.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Majesty

I hope nothing bad happens!
Didn't the late Queen Mother also have a hip operation at the age of 95?
Old 04-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Actually, I just looked it up and the Queen Mum had a hip replacement surgery done in 1998 at the age of 97. It was successful.

Queen Visits Her Mother, 97, Who Had A Hip Replacement - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

Old 04-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I hope nothing bad happens!
Didn't the late Queen Mother also have a hip operation at the age of 95?
She did! They have the best of the best surrounding them. It is always dangerous with advanced age but I hope all goes well. Safe surgery and recovery. Hopefully nothing to bad.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Philip was probably trying to delay the surgery til after the wedding and summer court events (trooping, garter, etc) ...but sounds like it became too painful. Praying for a healthy and speedy recovery.

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii