Does the Queen have friends?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds pretty ridiculous. I'm sure Philip would not have been impressed by Jacquieline Kennedy..

I think he might have the world went crazy over her. Why not Phillip ? He has always liked a attractive woman. I love that part in the series

I agree with you royal rob. Even in his 90s, Philip has been known to remark when seeing a very attractive woman with a dress that zipped up the front 'I would get arrested if I unzipped that dress!' :D

I can't imagine it. He might like her, well at least admire her looks, if she was obviousy sexy...

I think part of Philip's job was to flatter the ladies. Let's face it, all the men at those occasions were there to meet Elizabeth and a kiss on the hand made them feel so special they would share a lot of indiscreet gossip and I'd bet my last dollar that when he and Elizabeth compared notes the Foriegn Office was in alt.

As to Philip appreciating a fine figure is a woman . . . he's old not dead. And yes I remember when a woman first appeared in one of those zips from neck to hem he did comment on his chances of being arrested

Sounds pretty ridiculous. I'm sure Philip would not have been impressed by Jacquieline Kennedy..

In the episode itself, JFK and Jacqueline are portrayed as being somewhat stupid, which I don't think is very accurate.

I don't know about Philip, but I sense that the Queen is generally unimpressed with most people and she seems particularly to dislike people who seem to be "showing off" or have a "stuck up" attitude, which might be Jackie's case. I remember for example a video from Lech Walesa's state visit where she seems very annoyed at Prince Michael of Kent simply because he was showing off his foreign language skills to the Polish president .

Last edited:
In the episode itself, JFK and Jacqueline are portrayed as being somewhat stupid, which I don't think is very accurate.

I don't know about Philip, but I sense that the Queen is generally unimpressed with most people and she seems particularly to dislike people who seem to be "showing off" or have a "stuck up" attitude, which might be Jackie's case. I remember for example a video from Lech Walesa's state visit where she seems very annoyed at Prince Michael of Kent simply because he was showing off his foreign language skills to the Polish president .

No idea about the show, but I doubt if Philp was interested in Jackie. She's not obviously sexy, and I agree that the queen probaby would not take to Jackie either

The Kennedys may not have made a huge impact on the Queen but another couple in the White House did. Ronnie and Nancy Reagan. Its been reported that a strong friendship developed between the Queen and Philip and the Reagans.

Mark Weinberg in his book Movie Nights with the Reagans wrote about this friendship in his book that was released in February.

The Reagans Friendship With Queen Elizabeth | PEOPLE.com

the Queen is generally unimpressed with most people

I remember for example a video from Lech Walesa's state visit where she seems very annoyed at Prince Michael of Kent simply because he was showing off his foreign language skills to the Polish president .

To me it's very clear that she's joking. Especially since Marie-Christine says something like "He always does that (show off)" and people laughs.
I do agree with that she's generally unimpressed by people. No wonder since she's basically met everyone important on earth the last 70 years.

When Elizabeth was a little girl, did her parents and she visit any of the English and Scottish nobility who had daughters that became friends with Elizabeth?

One thing I do know is that there was a Girl Guide troop formed for Buckingham Palace. Elizabeth and Margaret were members along with girls from the household staff's families.

Her Majesty, to this day, remains the Patron of World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.

I happened to come across this video of the then Princess Elizabeth in 1946 and the Girl Guides. Its amazing that even 72 years ago, HM was quite professional when it came to inspecting the ranks. :D

When Elizabeth was a little girl, did her parents and she visit any of the English and Scottish nobility who had daughters that became friends with Elizabeth?

One of her childhood friends was Lady Elizabeth Lambart. Elizabeth was the daughter of the 10th Earl of Cavan. Lady Elizabeth was one of her bridesmaids when she married Philip. Her granddaughter Rose is the Marchioness of Cholmondeley (her and her husband are said to be friends of the Cambridges). Lady Elizabeth was a member of the girl guides troup started for Princess Elizabeth to join as a child. George V and Lady Elizabeth's father were friends, and Queen Mary was her godmother.

Not a woman but she did have male childhood friends. Lord Porchester was a friend since childhood.

Most of her closest were her extended family. They spent a lot of time with her mother's family in Scotland growing up.

Back
Top Bottom