Diamond Wedding Celebrations: November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
UKQueenElizabethII.jpg

Diamond Wedding Anniversary 2007

Family Dinner at Clarence House - 18 November

Service of Thanksgiving, Westminster Abbey - 19 November

~  ~

Last edited:
The first major event of the Diamond Wedding celebrations will be a dinner at Clarence House tonight hosted by the Prince of Wales,
followed tomorrow by the Service of Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey.

For an overview of both events, here is a link provided by milla Ca in the 'Lead-up' thread:



The next post in this thread should hopefully be pictures of guests arriving at Clarence House.
General discussion of the anniversary prior to the start of events should be done in the Lead-up thread.



Dinner at Clarence House - Sunday 18 November 2007

Our hosts are TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. Joining us:

Guests of Honor Her Majesty The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh....

Along with:
TRH....
Prince William, Prince Harry.....
The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence;
Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly, Zara Phillips, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie;
Viscount and Viscountess Linley; Daniel and Lady Sarah Chatto;
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester; The Duke of Kent; Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy; Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

Service of Celebration and Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey - Monday 19 November 2007
* Dr. Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury will lead the Blessing.
* Dame Judi Dench will read a poem by the Poet Laureate, Andrew Motion.
* HRH Prince William will deliver a reading from the Bible, 1 John 4: 7-16.

People invited to the service include:

* The entire Royal Family
* Prime Minister Gordon Brown
* Former Prime Minister Lady Thatcher
* Former Prime Minister Sir John Major
* Some 500 members of Royal Household staff, past and present
* HM's former private secretary Lord (Robin) and Lady (Isabelle) Janvrin
* The schoolboy choristers who sang as the Royal Wedding: Graham Lack, Peter Kirkby, David Weait, Michael Warner, Robert Turner (and others; but these five will carry candles in the procession)
* From the 1947 bridal party: The Hon. Margaret Rhodes (born Elphinstone); Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy; Prince Michael of Kent; Lady Elizabeth Longman (born Lambart)
* Betty Foster, a seamstress of HM's Wedding Dress
* Something like 20 other British couples who married on the same day and so are celebrating their diamond anniversary too
* Her Majesty's Godchildren (sadly this means that the Earl Spencer will be there; see full list)
* HRH The Duke's niece, Grand Duchess Princess Margarita of Baden
* The Margrave and Margravine of Baden
* Prince and Princess Ludwig of Baden
* The Aga Khan
* Sir David Attenborough
* Ex-King Constantine (Konstantinos) and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece

The total head count: About 2,000 people expected

Following the Service, HM and HRH will unveil a new Jubilee Walkway panoramic panel in Parliament Square.

Malta - Tuesday, 20 November 2007 (the actual anniversary)
* At Barrakka Gardens, HM and HRH will meet 30 randomly selected couples who also married in 1947; they will be greeted there by Prime Minister Gonzi and will plant a tree and unveil a special plaque that will reference the anniversary.
This will be a private visit for HM and HRH before going on to Uganda for CHOGM on the following day.

Full Coverage Links
* The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh's Diamond Wedding Anniversary
* Media centre > Event highlights > Diamond wedding anniversary
* The Royal Family - Telegraph

Last edited:
Those pictures are wonderful, particularly the second one with their children.
Royalty or not, 60 years is an amazing legacy to have, and leave for your family.

Will the Service of Thanksgiving be shown on TV or online?

Wonderful photos christinacg! The entire family looks very happy! So glad we have a group photo! :flowers: Her Majesty looks breathtaking as usual. Great to see the members of the family whom we only get to glimpse at special occassions such as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The group photos from the CH dinner are perfect, except for surprising absence.... no Duchess of Kent there.... very cool, however, to see Autumn Kelly there, and the best one of all is The Queen and The Duke with their children. I can't remember us having a photo like that for a very long time, just The Queen, the Duke and their four children. Maybe there was one at the Golden anniversary, though.... I just don't remember it.

Three photos (for the "price" of one) showing Wessex, York, and Chief Lady arrivals.... :p
The Clarence House dinner, 18 November 2007
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4918/photos011001dy5.jpg
Source: PA/AP Lewis Whyld

Last edited:
Last edited:
Monday 19 November 2007
The Queen and Prince Philip: 60th Wedding Anniversary Service at Westminster Abbey
Channel: The BBC1 (BBC One)
Time begins: 11:00 am GMT UK time
Time ends: 12:30 pm
BBC - BBC One - Homepage

Last edited:
nice to see the extended family all in one pic....I wonder if we will get any close up shots at the royal ladies...I sort of want to see Autumn Kelly's dress.......it is also mentioned in one of the article that Autumn Kelly and Peter Phillips are due to marry in Windsor Castle next year?? is that confirmed ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting the pics from yesterday evening and all the aricles!:flowers:
The family pics are great, i always love to see the whole Royal Family together.

What great photos! :) Especially the one of the Queen and Philip with the whole family, lovely

the official portraits are great! i loved the complete family portrait. her majesty looks delightful and so does princess anne.... elegant as ever. gorgeous blue dress for eugenie as well! the colour does really suit her.

i wonder if there will be any activities with foreign royals at all, as they do in other royal houses?

Those are wonderful pictures. I know we are all mortal but I wish this couple well and many more years to come together. They are so special and great ambassadors for the monarchy. God save the Queen (and the Duke) :flowers:

Love in her eyes

The queen looks wonderful and you and see the love in her eyes for her family. I just love that gail on the queen!!!:wub:

It appears princess Beatrice has some suitable evening clothes after all!:D

:devil:

Evil but funny.... :D

:notworthy:

Ya know Her Majesty probably loves it, though. I can imagine her peppering Bea with questions over their partridge or whatever.... "So what is Kate Moss doing....."

Articles and Pictures
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh celebrate diamond wedding anniversary - Times Online (four pics; everyone looks so nice, esp. the York girls, loving their coats and hats)
BBC NEWS | UK | Queen celebrates diamond wedding
Archbishop salutes queen's faithfulness in marriage and on the throne - International Herald Tribune
Resilient Queen marks 60 years of marriage | Lifestyle | Reuters
EL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS DE INGLATERRA AGASAJA A SUS PADRES CON UNA CENA POR SUS BODAS DE DIAMANTE
Nostalgic time for Queen and Prince Philip as celebrations begin

Last edited:
Too bad there isn't a picture of the Queen and Duke with their grandchildren only. I would love to have seen little Lady Louise in an official portrait.

What a lovely service, link to the pdf order of service: http://www.royal.gov.uk/files/pdf/Order%20of%20Service%2019Nov07.pdf

The Service was what one would expect, very traditional and Prince William read the lesson which was a nice touch. It was also nice that the 10 diamond couples were presented after the service.

What a pity though there was no luncehon or speeches in the mansion house.

Oh good , the order of service finally up. Well, here is the direct link of the BBC's video showing the highlights from the service.

BBC News Player - Queen celebrates anniversary

you can avoid the echo by just waiting for it to start, don't hit play or anything.... just wait!!!! ;)

Last edited:
Everyone looks just wonderful! And, Princess Anne looks very nice, not at all frumpy like she usually does.

thanks for the links to this lovely occasion. the official portrait is beautiful, i'm sure her majesty was so happy to have her whole family for the dinner. the ladies look fabulous, especially princess anne i've never seen her look more beautiful, elegant and dare i say sexy! i'm just blown away how lovely she looks. sophie looks glowing with happiness. the duchess looks pretty in her green velvet and big smile. you can see all the happiness and love in everybody's eyes i hope the royal couple had a wonderful celebration and wish them all the happiness and best wishes my heart can hold.

What a lovely fresh color on the Queen at the dinner last night. She is still an astoundingly beautiful woman, and I think that she might be truly happy, it reflects in her eyes, and she looks well rested as well!

In any case, I hope that I am lucky enough to make it to 60 years! But I imagine that it is a heap of hard work, and I only have a regular life!

It seems that they are going back to their beloved Malta to celebrate. I imagine that Malta is very special to them, as they were able to just be a normal couple, or at least as normal as they could be, in Malta!

Family members gather to share thanksgiving with Queen Elizabeth

To mark their diamond wedding anniversary, the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh attended a special thanksgiving service on Monday at Westminster Abbey – where they married 60 years ago. And, as it did six decades ago, the rain stopped and the sun came out just as the royal couple arrived. Wearing a dress coat in bridal white with sparkling diamante buttons and matching hat, the 81-year-old monarch was greeted with a trumpet fanfare as she entered the abbey alongside her consort of six decades.

Pictures:

Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Andrew and Princess Anne

The monarch looked radiant in a white, diamond-themed ensemble with diamante buttons and sparkling hat jewel

Prince Charles, the Duchess of Cornwall, Princes William and Harry were among the 30 family members present at the thanksgiving service in Westminster Abbey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom