Diamond Wedding Celebrations: November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to HM and HRH...God bless.

The Getty pictures are fantastic. Thank you for posting those.

I would love to see two more pictures. The Queen and Duke with ALL their grandchildren, and the ENTIRE royal family together for once. What I mean is also the children and grandchildren of the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester, and the Earl of Harewood and his entire family. What a lovely picture that would make.

And royal or not, they are all still family and it would be a lovely shot to see.

Christina, you found a delightful picture, The Queen and The Duke in the car. Maybe HM presented him with something from her mysterious, ever-fascinating handbag..... a little something just between them.
Another charming picture: Galerías de imágenes
:wub:

Lady M, it would be awesome to see all the Lascelles family join in such a picture. We have never seen that. We see almost everyone at the Trooping on the balcony, but never the Lascelles branch of the family. If only....
:sad:

The Queen, Anne, the York girls all look lovely. Camilla looks good; I like the upper bit of her outfit, but the hat and the skirt part are a bit out there. :beamup: The hat kind of makes her look like she has sprouted antlers, trying to be a reindeer for Christmas I guess. :D

Last edited:
I loved what the Queen wore and Beatrice and Eugenie. Anne looked really wonderful also. I really liked William's reading, and Judi Dench's reading, I thought it summed them up really well.:flowers:

Polfoto Picture of the German relatives who weren't able to attend the 1947 wedding because of the.... well you know

Who weren't able to attend the wedding because.... they were too young.
The Margrave, Margarethe and Ludwig are the children of Philip's sister Theodora. Okay, Margarethe was already 17 then, she could have been invited...

nice to see the extended family all in one pic....I wonder if we will get any close up shots at the royal ladies...I sort of want to see Autumn Kelly's dress.......it is also mentioned in one of the article that Autumn Kelly and Peter Phillips are due to marry in Windsor Castle next year?? is that confirmed ???

Yes, the photograph of the entire Royal Family together is lovely. The thanksgiving service was very moving, it was wonderful to see this loving royal couple celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. Despite all of the adversity they've had to deal with over the years, they forged a loving bond that withstood the test of time. It's almost awe-inspiring when you think about it! :wub:

I read that Peter Phillips and Autumn Kelly are due to marry in May of next year, and Prince William will be the best man!

Edinburgh Evening News - Edinburgh - William set to be best man for city royal

PRINCE William is set to be best man at the wedding of an Edinburgh-based member of the royal family.
Princess Anne's son Peter Phillips, 29, is to marry his Canadian fiancee, Autumn Kelly, 31, at Windsor Castle next May.

I'm glad they've set a date, it's exciting having another royal wedding to look forward to. I hope Autumn and Peter have a long and happy life together, and that they stay married at least as long as his grandparents. :flowers:

Camilla looks very, very elegant in the brown outfit:)

Any ideas if any other Royal attended from abroad, I seen King Constantine of The Hellenes on TV but noone else, unusual compared to the 1997 service.

Who weren't able to attend the wedding because.... they were too young.
The Margrave, Margarethe and Ludwig are the children of Philip's sister Theodora. Okay, Margarethe was already 17 then, she could have been invited...

No, I know and understand that........ It's not what I meant. I know these are the descendents......... but thanks for the effort of pointing it out. I guess people assume it has to be spelled out for me or otherwise I won't understand.... for whatever reason....

Last edited:
Lady Gabriella Windsor is one of the most elegant in this event. IMO :flowers:

A few more pictures, from the BBC.

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In pictures: Royal vows blessed

2. I love Camilla's outfit although another colour would have been nice.

3. P.Michaels wife could have worn something less like a baby doll and definitely a longer length.

Anne looked lovely, but what a pity about Eugenie in her pulled over the ears beret.

The Badens were There and All The Greek Royals and even an Arab Royal Dont remember who Wonderful The Pic of them talking in the abbey was sweet and in the car! So many memories I Shall Always Remember today,May God Bless Them and all who marry with The Flame of Eternal Love <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Lady Gabriella in her cherry red suit and beige feather hat looked elegant and very festive. I also liked Princess Alexandra in her green velvet ensemble. I thought Eugenie looked nice for a change but Beatrice's coat looked too tight and the colour was a bit drab.

I love the two official photos! I think the photo of the whole family is really lovely (although little Louise is missing), and the photo of the Queen, Duke and their children is really special - it's rare.

I think all of the royal ladies have been dressed lovely both at the dinner, and the service. I like the dresses that Beatrice and Eugenie wore at the dinner - they both looked elegant.

It's great to see Sophie joining in the celebrations too, as it must be tiring for her at the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the photos!:flowers:
I view Her Majesty and Lady Gabriela Windsor as the most elegant ladies of the event. I like the coat of Lady Helen Taylor as well as minimalist and sleek outfit of Zara. It may be presumed that Miss Autumn Kelly played it safe and looked nice. Countess Essex looked great in a red hat.
As for Duchess of Cornwall, the colour she chose for the outfit became her reasonably well, but I did not like the style of the skirt and hat.
A few more pictures, from the BBC.

3. P.Michaels wife could have worn something less like a baby doll and definitely a longer length.
I am in full agreement with you. I have not expected a fashion faux pas from Princess Michael. She should have taken a piece of advice from her own daughter.

I love the photograph of the entire Royal Family together. It's lovely because it's the first time Camilla's been pictured with them all and also, I think it's the first one like this we've seen since that Snowdon one in the 70s. Very special. I liked Camilla's outfit though brown seems a bit dull.

Everyone looks very well. Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie both looked lovely, as did Zara Phillips and Lady Gabriella Windsor, although Gabriella's hat might could have done with a bit of "plucking". Camilla looked very nice as well, although I thought that her dress would have looked much better in a brighter color. The brown was just too dull. Her Majesty looked beautiful, of course!

eveyrone looked so nice.

just imagine...60 years...what a wonderful example. the picture of the DoE and HM in the car sharing a laugh is great. they have obviously found the key to marital happiness.

Thanks for all the links with those great pics from yesterday
and today! The two portraits have been wonderful and will
remain a great memory in the future and today a very nice
celebration was made. The ladies looked great, it was very
nice to see them all, Lady Gabriella, Lady Serena and the
Queen herself are my favourites today :):) I hope
the Queen and Prince Philip enjoy their special days a lot! :flowers:

Congratulations to Them on there Diamond Anniversary!!!!!!!

Sophie wore her wedding jewelry!!! How lovely to see it on her!!

Nothing like a bit of recycling is there?

You know something? I remember reading how Patricia Mountbatten was always the favored, and thought to be the better looking of the two daughters, but after seeing her and Lady Pamela. I know, they are ladies of a certain age, but Lady Pamela is SO elegant looking. Countess Patricia's outfit looks like it came from a bargain basement.

I

I always find Pamela to be the better dressed out of the two and the hair is gravity-defyingly fabulous. But then I like Patricia's voice. Either way, the Mountbatten Sisters have always put me in mind of Hinge and Bracket.

I do love Pamela's purple outfit, it's very charming. The hat seems to have given up but she looks very happy. Queen Anne-Marie's red coat is darling but I have to agree with Lady M that Patricia Mountbatten (Bless her) looks like she ran through an Oxfam shop rather than go to her wardrobe. I'm a little tired of Margaret Thatcher's purple number. For me, the star is Princess Alexandra. The hat is just so vintage but still quite now, the hair is perfectly set for it - she's done it again. And the Queen looked nice too but who told her to wear 'diamond' as a colour? She looks like she should be on sale in Clinton's Cards.

Last edited:
60 years together ... that's long time with love, pain, happy and sorrow...
Again they look like the bride and groom.

Few happy years together to P&E:flowers:

Only Greeks?

Btw. Anne still has great legs.

Anne does have fabulous legs actually. I could make a filthy comment there but I won't. I have to say, the body language wasn't exactly loving. The DoE seemed to be quite distant from the Queen. If it'd been Henrik and Margrethe or Beatrix and Claus, I've no doubt we would have seen linked arms etc. In fact, I'm sure we would see it with most Royal couples.

I agree. Princess Alexandra looks stunning in that color. She is such a beautiful woman.

I thought Lady Gabriella, Autumn Kelly, P. Alexandra, HM, and Camilla were the best dress. I like Camilla's head topping. So nice to see a smaller article on her head rather than the ENORMOUS hats she usually wears. :)

And for # 1 modern and stylish: Lady Helen Taylor. I LOVE THAT COAT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom