Diamond Wedding Celebrations: November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for all the photographs and information.

The Queen looked wonderful during the celebrations and not one of the younger ladies came close to her in terms of physical appearance.

All of this just brings out the romantic in me. :flowers::wub:

And I loved HM's white outfit at the Thanksgiving Service.

Wow wow many photo on Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philips 60th wedding Anniversary!!! It is record royal couple have marriage 60th Wedding Anniversary!!!! It is beautiful Queen Elizabeths dress and prince Philip see out good healt. Not see often photo on Lady Patricia Mountbatten first cousin to Prince Philip and she see out older aunt. Lady Pamela Hicks not often photo on royal family but Lady Pamela and Patricia come to his Queen and Princes 60th celebrated wedding anniversary!!!Prince Philip is near relatives to Lady Pamela and Patricia Mountbatten.

Prince Philip is near relatives to Lady Pamela and Patricia Mountbatten.
Yes Jose, first cousins: Philip's mother, Princess Alice, was the sister of Lord Louis Mountbatten, the father of Pamela and Patricia.

What lovely pictures. Thanks to everyone who shared them.

I just looked back over some of the pictures and the discussions here. On reflection, I think HM stole the show in much the same way as she did on her wedding day, 1947, and as all brides do on their days
.........and on this year's anniversary, she was the star again, and Philip............. :wub: Well, he was impeccable and supportive, and amused, and gallant, as always. But it's quite funny to think how silly he must have thought all the fuss..... :D

:princess3:

:philipstandard: :queenelizabeth:

Since it's the season I'll play the grinch.
I think this whole ceremony as beautiful as it was and all the celebrations are so farcial it's pitiful. Everyone knows Philip had multiple affairs- what are they celebrating the fact that the Queen looked the other way for 60 years? then you have Charles and Camilla sitting behind the Queen!!! and then William giving a speech about love and religion when he's not exactly following the churche's tenets with his girlfriend. Are these people for real!?

dear qui mal y pense

Life is THE ULTIMATE SHOW!
Everybody is showing the world exactly what he/she desires. And those who watch have to choices: to watch and enjoy or to put it under the examining glass and disect it.
The sole reality would not be enough for any of us, I think all of us complement our lives with a little extra smth, that might not be the exact truth or reality.

Their reality is that they've lived together for 60 years...how were these 60 years? Well, the answer is known only by them...we can only guess!

I like the photo. Made me smile to note the Queen and Princess Royal are ageing much more gracefully than the men. :innocent:

Best wishes to Her Majesty, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh! :wine:

Since it's the season I'll play the grinch.
I think this whole ceremony as beautiful as it was and all the celebrations are so farcial it's pitiful. Everyone knows Philip had multiple affairs- what are they celebrating the fact that the Queen looked the other way for 60 years? then you have Charles and Camilla sitting behind the Queen!!! and then William giving a speech about love and religion when he's not exactly following the churche's tenets with his girlfriend. Are these people for real!?

Actually, yes -- they are. How many anniversary parties have you gone to where you know, know damn well that there is a lot of behind-the-scenes crap going on? That one or both of the parties has been unfaithful and that their offspring aren't exactly the most "well-adjusted"? Where people not only have screwed up, but have the screw-up on their arm? This sort of show plays out all over the place, all the time.

The only difference between the royals' marital trainwrecks, eff-ups, infidelity, and hypocrisy and the rest of us is that we don't have ours aired in public. Times change, people never do.

Last edited:
Everyone knows Philip had multiple affairs

We do? Thank you for telling me. I'm sure you're his closest confidant and he tells you all these things.

All everyone knows is that we'll probably never know.

Last edited:
I find all the talk about prince philip's affairs interesting particularly in light of the recent excerpts from letters he sent to diana. I dont know what to make of that bit where he tells Diana that he disapproves of both of them having affairs. Things like that and other things make me think that perhaps we shouldnt be so quick to assume he has had affairs.
whatever the truth about the royal marriage they seem to have a relationship that works and which by all accounts seems genuine to this day.
The bottom line is that there is no proof that he has had affairs, we know that he has had close friendships with other women but beyond that we dont know anything.
This is a man who many can say yes he gained a lot by marrying the queen but he also made many sacrifices. Perhaps philip was pushed into wooing the then princess by his uncle, who knows, but the truth is if you look at the pictures and videos from when they married and were a young married couple you can see a mutual attraction between them.
Their recent little trip to Malta on their anniversary said it all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom