Death of Queen Elizabeth II - Pre-Funeral Discussion and Reception

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he? I thought it was Harry.

I also have mixed feeling about them joining the procession (even though it's only the one in the Abbey). But then again, they didn't attend the princes nor grandchildren vigil (which I think is less taxing and "exposed" than funeral procession) so maybe there's a good reason for that.

BTW, is there any footage from the reception other than the incoming cars and buses?

William talked about it during the 20th anniversary of Diana's death. "Regret" was not the right word. William said it was the hardest thing he had done. It is different if the children are just walking behind their parents in the Abbey.

https://www.vogue.com/article/prince-william-diana-coffin-funeral-moment

If they aren't in the procession then they would have to make their way to their seats and sit and wait for about 10 minutes or so. Sure there would be other family around them but not in the front row where they will be seated and maybe even the row behind them will be empty.

Plus, the atmosphere during Diana's funeral was intense with the crowd shouting after the boys. This will be a much better environment and something I think the kids will remember positively.

If they aren't in the procession then they would have to make their way to their seats and sit and wait for about 10 minutes or so. Sure there would be other family around them but not in the front row where they will be seated and maybe even the row behind them will be empty.

I hope they aren’t in the front row…that should be the children.

Also it makes sense if Catherine is going to walk up.

If Savannah, Isla and Mia are there too they can go with Zara and Mike who Peters girls will probably be sitting beside anyway.

Most likely it'd be similar seat arrangement to the late Duke's Thanksgiving service so they'd be in the 2nd row and since the front row would be empty, they'd sit alone during the procession. It makes sense that they'll walk with their parents (which I assume, and not behind their parents)

According to the Telegraph, the following family members will walk behind the coffin as it is taken from Westminster Hall to Westminster Abbey: The King, The Princess Royal, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex and Forfar, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Sussex, Mr. Peter Phillips, The Earl of Snowdon, The Duke of Gloucester, and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...n-queens-funeral-who-will-walk-behind-coffin/

Emperor Naruhito paid respects to Queen Elizabeth II, Lying in State at Westminster Hall in the evening of September 18.

Galleries: AFPBB, Getty Images

It seems both the French President Macron, and the US President Biden, have arrived at Westminster Hall to pay their respects to the late Queen Elizabeth II

Who is the lady entering with Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktum the Emir of Dubai?
And I felt so moved watching the Danish Queen, she looked so sad and fragile.

I was confused when I read the order of service , I was reading it as a attendee’s but someone has now pointed out it will be those following the coffin . I think the grand daughters will be at the abbey waiting for the Queen to arrive. I am sure at the QM funeral they were standing at the entrance waiting for her . They then entered just before the coffin.

Who is the lady entering with Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktum the Emir of Dubai?
And I felt so moved watching the Danish Queen, she looked so sad and fragile.

She is Reem Al Hashemy, Minister of State for International Cooperation

Not to mention physically exhausting. Walking from the Abbey all the way up to Hyde Park Corner (including a rather steep road from Buckingham Palace to the Wellington Arch) is no small feat for a 73-year-old like the King and it is not like he is having today to rest (quite the contrary). And then they also have the procession and service at Windsor, which will be far more emotional, I imagine.

The road from BP to Wellington Arch is not "rather steep" at all, but flat.

But I take your broader point, it will be a long day, both physically and mentally taxing, for the King, Queen and close members of the family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom