Death of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh: 9 April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States

It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen has announced the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.

The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.

Further announcements will be made in due course.

Last edited:
Such sad news for the Queen and the entire family.

May his soul Rest In Peace. His life has certainly been a long, varied and very interesting one, including a marriage of nearly 73 years. The Queen and his family will certainly miss him very much. He’s been a constant presence in all their lives for so long.

Such sad news. I wish much strength to the Queen and the rest of his family.

Awful. My heart is with the family. RIP Prince Philip.

Oh, that's really sad news. My deepest condolences to the Queen & her family.

RIP.

How very sad, I thought he was doing better after the operation. May he rest in peace.

One of a generation we will not see the like of again.

Sincere condolences to the Royal Family

What an extraordinary man he was,a life well lived.May he rest in peace.

Thinking of him and his beloved family; so very sad. Have a good journey to the otherlife.

Very Sad News. So short before his 100th birthday.

Such sad news for the Queen and the whole family. His service to Britain during WW2 against the Nazis and then as consort to the Queen was truly remarkable.

I just saw the news, which was unexpected despite the Prince's age.

He lived a long and meaningful life, and now it was time to rest.

My condolences to the family and to the British people.

Just heard this on the BBC. How sad. He will be so sadly missed.

Rest In Peace Prince Philip.

Very sad. He’s been an icon, and one of my favourite royals to follow.

Such sad sad news, what a man.

Prince Philip --- a stellar example of strength and commitment. May his soul Rest in Peace.

I just saw this....oh no. I know he was 99, but I felt he was almost immortal, so very strong.

Oh, I’m just heartbroken. I’m so, so sorry for HM, who has loved him for almost her entire life. I can’t bear to think of her alone (except for some staff) ..I do hope she’ll be allowed to have some family stay with her.

I’m so sorry for the entire family ....I’m just gutted, as the British say. I’m glad at least that Philip died at Windsor and not in the hospital

How very sad,may the Duke rest in peace.

Im sorry he didn't make his century but I think that that long hosptial stay was a bad sign.. He has probalby never been Ok since then....
In spite of his many faults one of hte best of the RF

I've been in tears since I heard. He'd always been there. And it's so hard for any family to lose someone at this difficult time - he never got to see August or Lucas, and he won't have seen most of the rest of the family for months because of lockdown.

No-one lives for ever, and 99 is a wonderful age, but I'm very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been said that when a man dies, he holds in his hands only that which he has given away. Over his 99 years on our Earth, Philip not only gave his all to his wife and his family but to his nation and beyond that to the world. His hands were full to capacity.

The light shines a little dimmer in this world today as we mourn the passing of a great man and humanitarian. He will never be forgotten.

I am not too proud to admit I shed tears when BBC interrupted their broadcast with this news.

I had hoped when he left hospital that he would see 100, but it wasn't to be.

My heart goes out to the royal family, The Queen and Charles who celebrates his wedding anniversary today of course.

My thoughts are with family...very sad...May his soul rest in peace

Not unexpected but it is nonetheless heartbreaking. I feel deeply for the Queen, who lost today her long-life support, and for her family.

Really sad news but glad he was at least able to return home from hospital to spend his final weeks with his wife. Of course, we don't know whether they BRF knew it would be his last weeks or that it is rather unexpected for them as well.

While Covid has many disadvantages, the queen and Duke of Edinburgh were able to spend a lot of time together of the last year because of it. I am sure the queen will cherish the many memories made over a lifetime together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom