The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I really think it must be a private moment. And for the close family only....
No it is a part of the service. Everyone will be standing. After the lowering of the coffin and the comittal, the Archbishop will pronounce the benediction (blessing) followed by trumpeters and buglers, The Garter King of Arms reading Prince Philip’s titles and styles, and the National Anthem.

Though i wish that the camera will focus on the coffin and the priests in that moment and not showing who is crying and who is not...We really don’t need to know that

Old 04-16-2021, 09:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Iím about 99.9% certain that a groom will be leading them or driving them but since they do occasionally like to throw in a personal touch I canít say that a tiny part of me isnít expecting Lady Louise to be driving them in celebration of the sport she loved and shared with her grandfather.
Actually, that thought about Louise crossed my mind too but I wouldn't bet anything but the lint in my pocket on that. Attire would be the first concern. She'll be dressed in an appropriate church outfit. It would really be touching and emotional though if she did drive the carriage perhaps with Penny Knatchbull by her side.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, that thought about Louise crossed my mind too but I wouldn't bet anything but the lint in my pocket on that. Attire would be the first concern. She'll be dressed in an appropriate church outfit. It would really be touching and emotional though if she did drive the carriage perhaps with Penny Knatchbull by her side.
Oh good gracious, you’re right. Having Penny Knatchbull with her hadn’t even crossed my mind but if the two of them were to drive the carriage I’d bet my last cup of coffee that there wouldn’t be a dry eye in the family or amongst dedicated royal watchers. I agree that it’s highly unlikely but I’ve been surprised before and given how many deeply personal touches have already been announced and we know how involved Philip was in the planning, I can’t say that I’d be stunned if, in fact, Louise and Penny are driving his beloved carriage and ponies.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I don’t think I can bear to watch American coverage of the funeral with all the errors. Is sky news a good alternative? I think I don’t get bbc America on my lowest rung cable
Old 04-16-2021, 09:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I donít think I can bear to watch American coverage of the funeral with all the errors. Is sky news a good alternative? I think I donít get bbc America on my lowest rung cable
I'm not going to watch American coverage either. I'm all set up will watch the coverage on the Royal Family You Tube feed.

Old 04-16-2021, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I donít think I can bear to watch American coverage of the funeral with all the errors. Is sky news a good alternative? I think I donít get bbc America on my lowest rung cable
I have BBC America, buy they don't have coverage of the funeral listed. Does anyone know if they are going to cover it?
Old 04-16-2021, 10:13 PM
Nobility

I had plan to stream the YouTube channel above of the RF. One question I have is will there be any commentary on that channel? So wish I could hear BBC. I agree with others that it would drive me nuts listening to some American newscasters.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm not going to watch American coverage either. I'm all set up will watch the coverage on the Royal Family You Tube feed.

I was going to, but I donít want to deplete my batteries on my IPad, so Iíll probably check out ABC, with Victoria Murphy and Robert Jobson, and MSNBC with Victoria Howard (I assume others, too, but I donít know). KF BBC World ends up showing it, Iíll probably watch their coverage
Old 04-16-2021, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Death of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh: 9 April 2021

I found this on YouTube. Iím not sure it will work in the US but it may be worth a shot.

https://youtu.be/LL55C3pgiEo

I am technically challenged so please be kind.

It looks like a BBC Link to the funeral.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I have BBC America, buy they don't have coverage of the funeral listed. Does anyone know if they are going to cover it?
I donít think so. I have it also, and my tv cable guide - which has updated all the networks that are airing the funeral - lists BBC America as airing their usual programs
Old 04-16-2021, 10:54 PM
Courtier

I just looked and it appears that Iíll be able to watch it on BBC World. It doesnít look like BBC America is showing it, at least not according to my guide.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:47 AM

I'm in Oregon so probably will watch MSNBC on our satellite dish. Live Streaming doesn't have good sound on our 14 year old TV.
I was so disappointed that I missed the live version of the Queen Mother's funeral in 2002. Thank goodness for YouTube and my iPad.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I just looked and it appears that I’ll be able to watch it on BBC World. It doesn’t look like BBC America is showing it, at least not according to my guide.
Your BBC World is covering the funeral ? Odd, my cable guide doesn’t show it, and neither does the website.

I may try to stream the Aussie site that Dickie Arbiter will be on, at least occasionally ..other than that, I’ll flip between ABC and MSNBC
Old 04-17-2021, 02:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Another lovely family photo released, this time by Mike Tindall on his personal Instagram.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzHGdE9X...jpg&name=large
A delightful photograph! Grandfather Philip had many interesting stories to tell to his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:42 AM
Courtier

The funeral service sounds very moving.

I love much of the music that the Duke has chosen but the Russian Kontakion for the Departed I find particularly moving. It’s also a nod to the Duke’s links to the Imperial Russian family.

Those are gorgeous photos that the Queen and Mike have released. Kudos to Catherine and Sophie for the pics.
Old 04-17-2021, 02:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I know! American commentators on BRF events are awful.

The Sun has a live feed on Youtube, all free. It has already started. All available in the US.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:10 AM
Commoner

Agree that it does seem that the procession is excluding on the grounds of gender - Earl Snowden is walking while his sister is not, with no granddaughters walking. Itís a shame, the funeral of such a moderniser would be an ideal time to give women the choice and do away with the gender exclusion.

I am surprised to see both Anne and Tim walking, in the interests of reducing numbers Iíd have expected him only to walk if Anne did not wish to do so (which was never going to happen!) Iíd like to think James would have been asked - William and Harry may have felt that they were too young to walk behind Dianaís, but they were always going to have greater media scrutiny upon them being the heir and the spare and a harder time with it being their motherís procession far before her time. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them and that isnít always the same thing.
Old 04-17-2021, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Article at the website of The Swedish Royal Court, the Seraphim Toll for prince Philip today 12.00-13.00.
Ahead of the funeral in Windsor, the Royal Family has sent wreaths as a final greeting.
Serafimerringning fŲr Hertigen av Edinburgh - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 04-17-2021, 03:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meee View Post
Agree that it does seem that the procession is excluding on the grounds of gender - Earl Snowden is walking while his sister is not, with no granddaughters walking. It’s a shame, the funeral of such a moderniser would be an ideal time to give women the choice and do away with the gender exclusion.

I am surprised to see both Anne and Tim walking, in the interests of reducing numbers I’d have expected him only to walk if Anne did not wish to do so (which was never going to happen!) I’d like to think James would have been asked - William and Harry may have felt that they were too young to walk behind Diana’s, but they were always going to have greater media scrutiny upon them being the heir and the spare and a harder time with it being their mother’s procession far before her time. Everyone has to do what they feel is right for them and that isn’t always the same thing.
It’s long standing tradition. This is how it always has been done in UK so it doesn’t surprise me for 5 minutes... I think Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise, Zara and Sara feels rather relived than excluded

Princess Anne is UK’s only female Honorary Admiral of the Royal Navy so i don’t think anyone expects her to not go... Both she and Tim went in 2002 when The Queen Mother’s coffin was moved from St James’ Palace to Westminster Hall to lie in state but on the funeral day, Anne walked alone while Tim travelled with Peter and Zara To the Abbey by car.
It’s very likely that The Queen’s future funeral procession looks the same.

I refuse to read too much into it....
Old 04-17-2021, 03:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Itís long standing tradition. This is how it always has been done in UK so it doesnít surprise me for 5 minutes... I think Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Sara feels rather relived to not be forced to

Princess Anne is the only female Honorary Admiral of the Royal Navy so i donít think anyone expects her to not go... Both she and Tim went in 2002 when The Queen Motherís coffin was moved from St Jamesí Palace to Westminster Hall to lie in state but on the funeral day, Anne walked alone while Tim travelled with Peter and Zara To the Abbey by car.
Itís very likely that The Queenís future funeral procession looks the same.

I refuse to read too much into it....
Itís what the Queen wants and presumably what Prince Philip wanted. Iím ok with that.

Closed Thread