The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 08:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Well, seeing as Admiral is the highest rank in the Navy...

I think First Sea Lord is the top rank. Or is that a civilian position?

Old 04-14-2021, 08:46 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know if there will be a live coverage online?

Old 04-14-2021, 08:47 PM
Majesty

First Sea Lord is a civilian (Parliamentary) appointment. Winston Churchill was famously First Sea Lord during part of the two World Wars.

Andrew is an honorary Vice Admiral (promoted 2015.) He apparently asked that his promotion to full Admiral be held off in the wake of the Epstein scandal.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31435934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopoldine View Post
This might be inappropriate here, but may I ask, did HM and the DoE have a song? The kind of song associated with their courtship and /or marriage?

I know The Queen has always like "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square", but I don't know if that was the song they both liked. She also liked songs from "Oklahoma" too, again, I don't know what The Duke liked.
Apparently ‘People Will Say We’re in Love’ from Oklahoma was a sentimental favourite of the Queen’s. She played the record often when she and Philip were first courting before the public knew.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
For U.S Networks:
NBC start coverage at 9:30 am ET
CBS start coverage at 9:30 am ET
CNN and ABC will start coverage at 9 am ET
MSNBC will start Saturday Morning. No time is given but presumably, before 9:30 I imagine.

I stay away from CBS, will be anchored by Gayle King. I find NBC has the best coverage when comes to these kinds of events.
Does anyone know where to watch via streaming? I don't have cable.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
Does anyone know where to watch via streaming? I don't have cable.
Sky News has a YouTube channel -
Old 04-14-2021, 09:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank you.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
The article in the Daily Mail lists who the three are. Princesses Margarita and Theodora’s grandsons and the heir to the Hesse Family. They are isolating at a house near Ascot.
Margarita and Theodora have multiple grandsons but it seems they sent their highest representations (and all a bit younger that the nephews and niece of the duke; between 50 and 54 - so less at risk):

For Margarita's family: Prince (Fürst) Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
For Theodora's family: Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden
For Sophie's family (and in remembrance of Cecilie's): Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse (although he himself is not closely related to Philip - 3rd cousins once removed if I'm not mistaken through their shared descendance of queen Victoria)

And if they are quarantining together close to Ascot they are most likely forming their own bubble?!
Old 04-14-2021, 09:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Is that 9 am EDT ?
Yes. EDT. Sorry 'bout that.

I won't be watching it on Fox News. That's hubby's channel. Not mine. I'll be looking to stream it from some other place.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Margarita and Theodora have multiple grandsons but it seems they sent their highest representations (and all a bit younger than the nephews and niece of the duke; between 50 and 54 - so less at risk):

For Margarita's family: Prince (Fürst) Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg
For Theodora's family: Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden
For Sophie's family (and in remembrance of Cecilie's): Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse (although he himself is not closely related to Philip - 3rd cousins once removed if I'm not mistaken through their shared descendance of queen Victoria)

And if they are quarantining together close to Ascot they are most likely forming their own bubble?!
Margrave Maximilian of Baden is 87, so perhaps it would have been difficult for him to attend. I am perplexed by Donatus, as he is not a descendant of Sophie. Yet, he fits the profile of the other two princes. Wasn't Philip's mother related to the Hesse family?

Prince Philipp Hohenlohe-Langenburg, 51, said in a statement from the house where he and his relatives remain isolated until the weekend: "It really is an incredible honour and we are all extremely touched and privileged to be included on behalf of the wider family."
Old 04-14-2021, 10:27 PM
Majesty

Wrong Hesses! Alice’s mother Victoria came from the Hesse and by Rhine branch of the Hesse family while Donatus is descended from the Hesse Cassels.

However both lines merged, as the last Duke of Hesse and by Rhine (Louis) and his wife had no children. Cecilie, Philip’s sister was married to George Donatus his older brother, but she and practically all her family including her two little boys were killed in a terrible air crash in 1937.

So I guess Donatus, who is a descendant of Queen Victoria and has often been photographed with the Queen at horse shows, is presumably representing the two branches of the Hesse family.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yay, thanks !
Old 04-15-2021, 12:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad that his mother’s side of the family will be there. Also aren’t all the royals fully vaccinated? Including Harry from us?
Old 04-15-2021, 12:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

All we know is that the Queen, Charles and Camilla have been vaccinated and presumably the rest over 50s. William and Catherine's age group haven't come up yet so they, and the other younger royals probably haven't been.

The UK is only starting to vaccinated those over 40 this week - the 40-45 group started on Monday with their first jab.

I don't know how the US is doing the roll-out but if they are already vaccinated those in their 30s he may have been vaccinated - at least with one dose.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
All we know is that the Queen, Charles and Camilla have been vaccinated and presumably the rest over 50s. William and Catherine's age group haven't come up yet so they, and the other younger royals probably haven't been.

The UK is only starting to vaccinated those over 40 this week - the 40-45 group started on Monday with their first jab.

I don't know how the US is doing the roll-out but if they are already vaccinated those in their 30s he may have been vaccinated - at least with one dose.
It depends on the state and county. As of April 1, all adults 50+ were eligible in California; as of midnight tonight, anyone 16+ is eligible in California. So, I would say that Harry has probably not yet received a vaccination since he is, as far as we know, a perfectly healthy 36-year old with no underlying health conditions.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...efore-midnight
Old 04-15-2021, 12:54 AM
Courtier

In the U.S only people over 65 and those at high risk are being vaccinated at the moment. Although every state is a bit different.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:58 AM
Nobility

Quote:
In the U.S only people over 65 and those at high risk are being vaccinated at the moment. Although every state is a bit different.

Actually there many states where people in their 30's are all perfectly elegible to get the vaccine right now. My state, Connecticut, being one of them.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
Actually there many states where people in their 30's are all perfectly elegible to get the vaccine right now. My state, Connecticut, being one of them.
Okay, I was not aware of that. It seems in most places it still people in their 50s and 60s. Where I live those in their 30s who are not at high risk can not get it yet.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:03 AM
Majesty

[QUOTE=irish_royalist;2390447][...]

[...] it is essentially a family funeral with the landrover procession being the only military component and if Prince Philip hadn't been involved with the Landrover I don't think there would have been even that. The world is still in the grip of a deadly pandemic and it is my personal belief that HM is incredibly compassionate and sees the larger picture and, as both Harry and Eugenie's tributes were to their grandpa she is no doubt aware that many people will mourn while watching the funeral. They will shed tears for lost loved ones whose funerals they couldn't attend and so the entire funeral will perhaps be a very cathartic moment for people all over the world.

On the dress code, I think HM would have had a hard time seeing royals in uniform following the coffin. For the last 70 plus years her husband had been there doing that and it would have made his absence and her personal loss even more stark.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
Quote:
Okay, I was not aware of that. It seems in most places it still people in their 50s and 60s. Where I live those in their 30s who are not at high risk can not get it yet.
Yup, I'm in Oregon and my age group (45-64 with an underlying medical condition) has been eligible since March 29th. And everyone 16+ with an underlying health condition becomes eligible next Monday. I just got my first shot today (Moderna - just a sore arm, 7.5 hours and counting) and was happy to find an open appointment - it took about 10 days of checking regularly for me to snag this one.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:52 AM
Serene Highness

As already mentioned, their song was People Will Say We're In Love :-) .

In England and Scotland, vaccination booking opened on Tuesday for people aged 45-49. In Wales and Northern Ireland, people aged 40-49 are able to book. So none of the grandchildren will have been vaccinated yet ... a few health authorities got ahead of the game and started on over 40s early, but not many. People under 50 who work in healthcare or have underlying health conditions have already been vaccinated, but that doesn't apply to any of the Royals.

Closed Thread