Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 01:55 PM
Royal Highness

Eugenie's: https://twitter.com/rjmyers/status/1...531563524?s=20

Old 04-14-2021, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I suspect he probably is, or has been, part of the bubble at Windsor Castle. We know the Queen's Private Secretary and/or deputies have been so I don't see why Philip's won't have been. I know Philip was 'retired' but I think to the RF a Private Secretary is more than just the 'official' side of work, they probably also help out with a lot of private stuff too. I would imagine even if Philip's Private Secretary hadn't been in HMS Bubble before, he would have been once Philip came out of hospital.

All of that however, doesn't mean that HM will necessarily be sitting with him. We should also remember that the Queen is quite pragmatic about things and I suspect she'll take some comfort from having "HMS Bubble" around her knowing it is more than some people in her position would have.
Only the royal family sit on that side of the church.

For social distancing some might have to move over to the other side but the queen will sit on her own seat. Maybe a family member will sit close by but it will not be a staff member who happens to be in her bubble who sits at the royal side of the church.
You may recall there was a question mark over where Sarah Ferguson would sit at her daughter's wedding as she was no longer a member of the royal family.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
I think that’s my fave too. Lovely photo with all the kids.

Though Charlotte and HM looking at each other is pretty cute too.
Baby’s first staring contest, lol.

I do also admit to favoring the photos of Charles, his father and Camilla. I always favor them in general because I just truly enjoy seeing him with his parents. It’s one reason the cancellation of Braemar is so painful - that gathering always provide the most incredibly joyous, happy photos..
Old 04-14-2021, 02:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
How wonderful these pictures are! I especially like the one where HM and Charlotte look at each other.
But the other one with the great grand children is also very very precious.
I agree, it is such a special moment.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, I adore that picture of the Queen, Philip and all the (then) great-grandchildren.

Old 04-14-2021, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I agree. These kinds of photos are always my favorites. I understand why they’re not always shared with us but I love it when they are.
It also let's us see that the family do spend time together away from prying eyes. I think at times people think that the family only meet up at trooping of the colour and Christmas .
Old 04-14-2021, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The picture with the great grand children is really cute.
At firt sight I thought George was wearing a kilt.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Eugenie has posted a tribute to her grandfather and, fair warning, grab a tissue. It’s lovely but definitely made me teary.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNpYz98F...d=ktpzg9gtoij0
That's not a tribute to a Royal Duke, or a Prince, of the husband of a Sovereign, it's quite simply a tribute to a grandfather.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Truly beautiful photos. Isla Phillips looks so proud to be holding her baby cousin Lena in the big group shot. No doubt there was an assortment of Phillips, Tindall and Cambridge parents doing their best to get the assorted preschoolers and infants to smile and look at the "birdie."
Old 04-14-2021, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Truly beautiful photos. Isla Phillips looks so proud to be holding her baby cousin Lena in the big group shot. No doubt there was an assortment of Phillips, Tindall and Cambridge parents doing their best to get the assorted preschoolers and infants to smile and look at the "birdie."
LOL...I was thinking the exact same thing. Can't you just see Zara and Mike and William and Peter and Autumn all dancing around and making faces while Catherine tries to snap the photo amidst the laughter? What a lovely mental image and such a good reason for those smiles from HM and the DoE.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has it been announced which members of the family will be walking behind his coffin?
Old 04-14-2021, 03:49 PM
Majesty

what absolutely adorable pictures of the duke, the queen and their great grandchildren. shame archie is not in the picture...
Old 04-14-2021, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

The BBC is slacking....still no update for Saturday.

Tomorrow the guest list will be released, curious to know who will be there (apart from the obvious guests)
Old 04-14-2021, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
what absolutely adorable pictures of the duke, the queen and their great grandchildren. shame archie is not in the picture...
It says it was taken in 2018 so that was before he was even born.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
True however the photo was taken in 2018 so he was not born yet. Perhaps the Sussexes plan to have a photo of Archie with his great-grandfather they will choose to share.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Where do I order this new book?
The Gyles Brandreth book? According to Amazon, it's out on April 27th but is available for pre-order. That's Amazon UK, but I assume it can be pre-ordered on Amazon US as well.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Archie hasn't been to the big Balmoral get together and this one was taken before he was born. At the time it was taken it was a photo of HM an Philip with all their great grandchildren.

Surprised at BBC not announcing coverage yet, obviously they will cover it with plenty of commentary either side so no worries but is odd they are last to announce. Maybe they are waiting for a final run through to know exactly what timings are etc, who knows.

Eugenie's tribute is lovely too, Philip was obviously a superb grandfather.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
The Gyles Brandreth book? According to Amazon, it's out on April 27th but is available for pre-order. That's Amazon UK, but I assume it can be pre-ordered on Amazon US as well.
I am looking on Amazon US and so far it isn't listed for pre-order yet, unless I missed it.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Has it been announced which members of the family will be walking behind his coffin?
Charles, William and Harry...I don’t think it’s been officially announced, but all reports have indicated as such
Old 04-14-2021, 04:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Charles, William and Harry...I don’t think it’s been officially announced, but all reports have indicated as such
I would guess Andrew, Edward and Anne may do as well.

Closed Thread