The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I think that would be a good book to add to my collection.

The Queen, taking time out of mourning for Lord Peel, was just amazing. She is really truly a wonderful monarch.

I do hope she doesn't have to sit alone at the funeral.

He might not, but I always understood the Wessexes always visited The Queen at weekends when she was at Windsor. Of course none of us really know about the family's private connection.

Also, the Senior royals are so busy - they don’t really have a chance to truly just hang out with each other...

Old 04-14-2021, 01:02 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Frelinghighness;2390167]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist.in.NC View Post
Gayle king’s comment was the height of rudeness. If you are not told how or why someone died then don’t ask, it’s private and you are obviously not close enough to have that information.
I have lost all respect for Oprah after her “interview “.
That was just bad journalism. She is looking for sensation.

Old 04-14-2021, 01:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
My apologies. You are of course correct: her middle child is still alive.

And thanks for the information on Dorothea's (herself a daughter of Philip's sister Sophie) daughter Marina, I consulted 'thepeerage.com' and no husband or children were mentioned for her. For the De Waela-children, only one entrance was found and included in my previous post. So, if I understand it correctly, Clarissa (Dorothea's other daughter) had two more children after Michel, among which a girl.
What are the names of Clarissa's last two children?
Old 04-14-2021, 02:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I just buried my father, so I understand how devastating it is to have to decide who can and can’t attend the funeral service (due to Covid restrictions). And it’s sad that any of his loved ones have to be excluded from saying their goodbyes.
You have my sympathy, Soapstar. I will be burying my own father this Saturday as well, but we will not have to worry about any Covid restrictions. I cannot imagine having to try and do what you and the Royal Family are doing at this time and restrict guest lists so severely that you have to choose which members of your family can go. It just adds an additional element of awefulness to an already awful situation.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I’m sure CNN and MSNBC will cover it, and possibly the main networks. I normally flip between the first two, but something I found out has turned me off CNN, maybe permanently. I also don’t trust US networks to cover this appropriately, so I’m going to hope that BBC America covers it...maybe PBS

Wow, people are complaining about over coverage of Prince Philip?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56703437
I know that ABC will be covering it as David Muir has mentioned it several times when doing stories about Philip on the nightly news. I personally will be watching it on the BBC News Channel carried by my satellite company.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:33 AM
Commoner

I did wonder where Andrew would sit at the funeral. Given that his daughters are both married, they could only sit with their husbands if they were attending (or Eugenie could also sit with Harry if he is staying with her.) I suspect he will have used the test and release scheme by then so as to allow him to get back to Meghan as soon as possible after the funeral, so won’t distance from anyone he is staying with. I don’t know when she is due but presumably it is not around early July as Harry had planned to be there for his mother’s memorial and won’t want to miss his daughter’s birth either.

As far as I can see, that leaves Andrew sitting alone or with The Queen (HM is sadly now entitled to a bubble, as HMS Bubble by the legislation are in her household in the course of their work rather than as a support bubble.) Charles, Anne and Edward will have their spouses so do they make Andrew sit alone for PR reasons as undoubtedly some will believe that he should be punished in that way, or he sit with his mother (I saw something about her relying heavily on him since Philip’s passing.)
Old 04-14-2021, 04:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meee View Post
I did wonder where Andrew would sit at the funeral. Given that his daughters are both married, they could only sit with their husbands if they were attending (or Eugenie could also sit with Harry if he is staying with her.) I suspect he will have used the test and release scheme by then so as to allow him to get back to Meghan as soon as possible after the funeral, so won’t distance from anyone he is staying with. I don’t know when she is due but presumably it is not around early July as Harry had planned to be there for his mother’s memorial and won’t want to miss his daughter’s birth either.

As far as I can see, that leaves Andrew sitting alone or with The Queen (HM is sadly now entitled to a bubble, as HMS Bubble by the legislation are in her household in the course of their work rather than as a support bubble.) Charles, Anne and Edward will have their spouses so do they make Andrew sit alone for PR reasons as undoubtedly some will believe that he should be punished in that way, or he sit with his mother (I saw something about her relying heavily on him since Philip’s passing.)

St George's Chapel with its high ceilings has a normal capacity of 800.
So it is a "gigantic" venue, in relation to maximum of thirty guests.

I am sure all 30 will manage to find a seat with respect to distance rules.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Prince Philips private secretary (Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell) really is a part of the bubble at Windsor Castle... What would he have done ? Acted as a companion to Philip ? Philip retired from royal duties in 2017 and has not been following The Queen’s household since then until the Covid-19 outbreak... Up until then he spent most of his time at Wood Farm...

I don’t think we should read too much into The Queen sitting alone or not... She may even want to sit alone... The Queen Mother said the day after her husbands death in 1952 ”i better get used to it now”... Perhaps that’s how QEII also feels...
Old 04-14-2021, 05:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I suspect he probably is, or has been, part of the bubble at Windsor Castle. We know the Queen's Private Secretary and/or deputies have been so I don't see why Philip's won't have been. I know Philip was 'retired' but I think to the RF a Private Secretary is more than just the 'official' side of work, they probably also help out with a lot of private stuff too. I would imagine even if Philip's Private Secretary hadn't been in HMS Bubble before, he would have been once Philip came out of hospital.

All of that however, doesn't mean that HM will necessarily be sitting with him. We should also remember that the Queen is quite pragmatic about things and I suspect she'll take some comfort from having "HMS Bubble" around her knowing it is more than some people in her position would have.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:13 AM
Majesty

It says here that the Brigadier acted as Prince Philip’s representative especially at memorials (presumably military ones) he could no longer attend. Perhaps he also kept in touch with the many charities with which Philip was once involved.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/philip...uneral-158257/
Old 04-14-2021, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I wonder if Prince Philips private secretary (Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell) really is a part of the bubble at Windsor Castle... What would he have done ? Acted as a companion to Philip ? Philip retired from royal duties in 2017 and has not been following The Queen’s household since then until the Covid-19 outbreak... Up until then he spent most of his time at Wood Farm...

I don’t think we should read too much into The Queen sitting alone or not... She may even want to sit alone... The Queen Mother said the day after her husbands death in 1952 ”i better get used to it now”... Perhaps that’s how QEII also feels...

A private secretary, the name already says it.

It is known that when the end is near, people start to collect, destroy, distributre, earmark, label lots of things, to have it sorted out as much as possible.

It is known that sometimes royals ordered their private secretary to have fires outside (anno 2021 it will be shredders inside) so they could burn correspondence and items which they refuse to share with the world.

Recently we learned that the late Prince Bernhard was exhausting his private secretary in his final months in 2004 with extremely detailed lists: item Nr 73 Patek Philippe Aviator horloge 1936 has to go to ....., item Nr 274 Hermès silk/cashmere scarf 1951 has to go to ....., item Nr 781 Cartier platinum cufflinks with sapphire centrestone 1973 has to go to ....., item Nr 801 Pommery Cuvée Louise champagne rose (48 bottles) has to go to ....., Etc. Etc. Etc.

If the Duke of Edinburgh had the same activity in his last months, it certainly was a busy bubble with his private secretary.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Does someone know if the Serafimerringning will be broadcasted?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
I know that ABC will be covering it as David Muir has mentioned it several times when doing stories about Philip on the nightly news. I personally will be watching it on the BBC News Channel carried by my satellite company.
Thanks ! The newspapers will print a schedule as well get closer, so I’ll be able to decide then which network I’ll watch.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The BBC received over 100,000 complaints' over its coverage of the death of the Duke of Edinburgh.

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-ph...erage-12274066
Old 04-14-2021, 07:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukari View Post
I'm sorry if it's been posted before:

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/n...ill-come-of-it

I admit initially I avoided it because the title (and it's Mail+), but a friend managed to force me to read it and ... fine, it's Gyles Brandreth and it's said to be an authorised biography so let's give it a go.

CH IG post tribute: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnO9Ufg...d=38rgj3dja8uc
Thanks for sharing this! The author of this biography knew Prince Philip for 40 years and PP read the book twice before it is published later this month. It looks fascinating and I hope will be available in the US for those of us living in the States.
Old 04-14-2021, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hears a video that Charles has shared of his father ...they’re absolutely wonderful images.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter_mailonline
Old 04-14-2021, 07:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Does someone know if the Serafimerringning will be broadcasted?
Perhaps the Swedish Royal Court will publish a video of the Seraphim Toll for prince Philip at its Youtube Channel, as they did on 5th December 2020, when a Seraphim Toll was rung in the Riddarholmen Church for former President of the French Republic Valéry Giscard d'Estaing.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Hears a video that Charles has shared of his father ...they’re absolutely wonderful images.

What a really nice gesture and wonderful selection of photos.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flin View Post
You have my sympathy, Soapstar. I will be burying my own father this Saturday as well, but we will not have to worry about any Covid restrictions. I cannot imagine having to try and do what you and the Royal Family are doing at this time and restrict guest lists so severely that you have to choose which members of your family can go. It just adds an additional element of awefulness to an already awful situation.
I'm very sorry for your loss
Old 04-14-2021, 08:34 AM
Commoner

Quote:

Beautiful photos!

Closed Thread