Death of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh: 9 April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The royal YouTube channel streaming it? Didn't the BBC share the feed for the Sussex wedding? I'm sure though that it will be somehow available for viewing in the US. I definitely will be watching.

'The family photos are so precious... We have been waiting so long for those kind of pictures!!

'The family photos are so precious... We have been waiting so long for those kind of pictures!!

I agree. These kinds of photos are always my favorites. I understand why they’re not always shared with us but I love it when they are.

How wonderful these pictures are! I especially like the one where HM and Charlotte look at each other.
But the other one with the great grand children is also very very precious.

In a way, I'm glad that these kind of pictures are not always in our faces and kept private because when it comes to a situation like the death of the Duke of Edinburgh, to release them as a tribute makes them all the more special for us to get a glimpse into their family life. We get to see the husband, the father, the grandfather and the great grandfather and most of all, the man that was the Duke of Edinburgh.

Not only did Philip give his all to support and be of service to his Queen and his nation, he was also the pinnacle of a family that loved him dearly.

I love these 2 because I don’t see the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh- I see Granny and Grandpa.

In a way, I'm glad that these kind of pictures are not always in our faces and kept private because when it comes to a situation like the death of the Duke of Edinburgh, to release them as a tribute makes them all the more special for us to get a glimpse into their family life. We get to see the husband, the father, the grandfather and the great grandfather and most of all, the man that was the Duke of Edinburgh.

Not only did Philip give his all to support and be of service to his Queen and his nation, he was also the pinnacle of a family that loved him dearly.
100% agree.

Where do I order this new book?

Last edited by a moderator:
❤️❤️❤️ They’re all so beautiful...I adore all of them, but my favorite is the one with the 7 Great-grandchildren; HM and Prince Philip created a wonderful legacy with their beautiful family

I think that’s my fave too. Lovely photo with all the kids.

Though Charlotte and HM looking at each other is pretty cute too.

I don't think it's been released yet.

I think you’re right but I believe I read earlier today that it can be preordered. Maybe on Amazon or from your local book seller?

I just love the way the British Royal Family celebrates the life of Philip. This way shows that life doesn't end with death. It ends when all the memories have ended.

You could see the love and spirit between the Royal Family. This is so beautiful.

I suspect he probably is, or has been, part of the bubble at Windsor Castle. We know the Queen's Private Secretary and/or deputies have been so I don't see why Philip's won't have been. I know Philip was 'retired' but I think to the RF a Private Secretary is more than just the 'official' side of work, they probably also help out with a lot of private stuff too. I would imagine even if Philip's Private Secretary hadn't been in HMS Bubble before, he would have been once Philip came out of hospital.

All of that however, doesn't mean that HM will necessarily be sitting with him. We should also remember that the Queen is quite pragmatic about things and I suspect she'll take some comfort from having "HMS Bubble" around her knowing it is more than some people in her position would have.

Only the royal family sit on that side of the church.

For social distancing some might have to move over to the other side but the queen will sit on her own seat. Maybe a family member will sit close by but it will not be a staff member who happens to be in her bubble who sits at the royal side of the church.
You may recall there was a question mark over where Sarah Ferguson would sit at her daughter's wedding as she was no longer a member of the royal family.

I think that’s my fave too. Lovely photo with all the kids.

Though Charlotte and HM looking at each other is pretty cute too.

Baby’s first staring contest, lol.

I do also admit to favoring the photos of Charles, his father and Camilla. I always favor them in general because I just truly enjoy seeing him with his parents. It’s one reason the cancellation of Braemar is so painful - that gathering always provide the most incredibly joyous, happy photos..

How wonderful these pictures are! I especially like the one where HM and Charlotte look at each other.
But the other one with the great grand children is also very very precious.

I agree, it is such a special moment.

Oh, I adore that picture of the Queen, Philip and all the (then) great-grandchildren.

I agree. These kinds of photos are always my favorites. I understand why they’re not always shared with us but I love it when they are.

It also let's us see that the family do spend time together away from prying eyes. I think at times people think that the family only meet up at trooping of the colour and Christmas .

The picture with the great grand children is really cute.
At firt sight I thought George was wearing a kilt.

:flowers: Truly beautiful photos. Isla Phillips looks so proud to be holding her baby cousin Lena in the big group shot. No doubt there was an assortment of Phillips, Tindall and Cambridge parents doing their best to get the assorted preschoolers and infants to smile and look at the "birdie."

:flowers: Truly beautiful photos. Isla Phillips looks so proud to be holding her baby cousin Lena in the big group shot. No doubt there was an assortment of Phillips, Tindall and Cambridge parents doing their best to get the assorted preschoolers and infants to smile and look at the "birdie."

LOL...I was thinking the exact same thing. Can't you just see Zara and Mike and William and Peter and Autumn all dancing around and making faces while Catherine tries to snap the photo amidst the laughter? What a lovely mental image and such a good reason for those smiles from HM and the DoE.

Has it been announced which members of the family will be walking behind his coffin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom