18. Mr Mike Tindall
19. The 2:nd Earl Snowdon
20. Lady Sarah Chatto
21. Mr Daniel Chatto
22. The Countess Mountbatten of Burma
23. Lady Pamela Hicks
24. Mr Ashley Hicks
25. Private Secretary

That would leave 5 seats.... Perhaps for George, Charlotte, Savannah, Isla and Mia if they decide that great grandchildren will attend.... Otherwise longtime staff members..... I would be very surprised to see the Kent’s or the Gloucester’s there... Maybe The Duke of Kent if there turns out to be a space for him as he is quite close related to Philip Too... But i don’t think those branches will have priority...

Old 04-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
So possibly...

1. H.M The Queen
2. H.R.H The Prince of Wales
3. H.R.H The Duchess of Cornwall
4. H.R.H The Duke of Cambridge
5. H.R.H The Duchess of Cambridge
6. H.R.H The Duke of Sussex
7. H.R.H The Duke of York
8. H.R.H The Princess Beatrice Mrs Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi
9. H.R.H The Princess Eugenie Mrs Jack Brooksbank
10. H.R.H The Earl of Wessex
11. H.R.H The Countess of Wessex
12. Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
13. James, Viscount Severn
14. H.R.H The Princess Royal
15. Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence
16. Mr Peter Phillips
17. Mrs Zara Tindall
18. Mr Mike Tindall
20. Lady Sarah Chatto
21. Mr Daniel Chatto
23. Lady Pamela Hicks
24. Mr Ashley Hicks
25. Private Secretary

That would leave 5 seats.... Perhaps for George, Charlotte, Savannah, Isla and Mia if they decide that great grandchildren will attend.... Otherwise longtime staff members..... I would be very surprised to see the Kent’s or the Gloucester’s there... Maybe The Duke of Kent if there turns out to be a space for him as he is quite close related to Philip Too... But i don’t think those branches will have priority...
Jack Brooksbank and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are missed in the list.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
So possibly...

1. H.M The Queen
2. H.R.H The Prince of Wales
3. H.R.H The Duchess of Cornwall
4. H.R.H The Duke of Cambridge
5. H.R.H The Duchess of Cambridge
6. H.R.H The Duke of Sussex
7. H.R.H The Duke of York
8. H.R.H The Princess Beatrice Mrs Edoardo Mapelli-Mozzi
9. H.R.H The Princess Eugenie Mrs Jack Brooksbank
10. H.R.H The Earl of Wessex
11. H.R.H The Countess of Wessex
12. Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
13. James, Viscount Severn
14. H.R.H The Princess Royal
15. Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence
16. Mr Peter Phillips
17. Mrs Zara Tindall
18. Mr Mike Tindall
20. Lady Sarah Chatto
21. Mr Daniel Chatto
23. Lady Pamela Hicks
24. Mr Ashley Hicks
25. Private Secretary

I think that may be it.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Well if it comes to it...I would.leave them out. I mean partners dont always make it to funerals if there are other arrangements needed.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

The children are young and when you think about the weddings the children were taken away until the end. trying to keep them to sit at attention might be quite difficult, especially during a solemn occasion, and lets be honest people would be quick to judge if they caused a disruption. They might all be as somebody suggested watching tv in the castle.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Countess Mountbatten died 4 years ago, so she certainly won't be there! But maybe her son and daughter-in-law, especially as Penny was close to Prince Philip.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Countess Mountbatten died 4 years ago, so she certainly won't be there! But maybe her son and daughter-in-law, especially as Penny was close to Prince Philip.

Penny is now Countess Mountbatten.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
The children are young and when you think about the weddings the children were taken away until the end. trying to keep them to sit at attention might be quite difficult, especially during a solemn occasion, and lets be honest people would be quick to judge if they caused a disruption. They might all be as somebody suggested watching tv in the castle.
Again Princess Eugenie...7...Lady Di's funeral. Again Lady Louise...7...Kate and Wills wedding.

There was actually no reason to take the older children away during Eugenie's wedding. And Harry's. I really dont know why they did. Louise and Margarita and the boys were perfectly happy and content sitting with Pippa during Kate and William's. The only took the little ones away.

And William,Zara et al were tiny during Andrew amd Sarah's wedding and they just left them there happily. Harry was there hanging out to

I dont know why they did that to be honest. A lot of people commented on it being a shame. And I guess once Harry did it it Eugenie followed suit cos it worked well. But most of the children at hers were older and more able. It was odd.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post

I agree I can’t see the other grandchildren’s spouses being there and not Beatrices and Eugenies.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I agree about the children being unlikely to go.I could easily see the remaining seats going to the Gloucesters and Kents, especially the Kents as they are closely related to Philip in their own right through Princess Marina.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
And since then Norton and Penny are the Earl and Countess Mountbatten of Burma
Old 04-10-2021, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
I agree I can’t see the other grandchildren’s spouses being there and not Beatrices and Eugenies.
Well it would only be Zara and William's and they have been married ten years.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I read somewhere the vault is the same one his mother was interred until she was moved to the Mount of Olives. I thought that connection was very appropriate.
Yes that's very true Princess Alice's coffin was placed in the royal vault following her funeral on the 10th of December 1969 and lay there until she was reburied at the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem in August 1988.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Again Princess Eugenie...7...Lady Di's funeral. Again Lady Louise...7...Kate and Wills wedding.

There was actually no reason to take the older children away during Eugenie's wedding. And Harry's. I really dont know why they did. Louise and Margarita and the boys were perfectly happy and content sitting with Pippa during Kate and William's. The only took the little ones away.

And William,Zara et al were tiny during Andrew amd Sarah's wedding and they just left them there happily. Harry was there hanging out to

I dont know why they did that to be honest. A lot of people commented on it being a shame. And I guess once Harry did it it Eugenie followed suit cos it worked well. But most of the children at hers were older and more able. It was odd.
We will know next Saturday, we all have opinions how we would deal with situations but it is their family event with the added restrictions of COVID so they will know themselves what they would like to do.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Penny is now Countess Mountbatten.

Yes, by marriage, but not in her own right.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
We will know next Saturday, we all have opinions how we would deal with situations but it is their family event with the added restrictions of COVID so they will know themselves what they would like to do.
The family decisions in the time of Covid are ones no one wanted to make. And they will do what works for them.

But I do strongly object over their ages issue. They are not too young to do anything and I actually blame the presedent set at H and Ms wedding of taking the children away.

Nobody ever questioned any child's ability to behave and to sit and understand before that. And when they are included they have behaved amazingly. Diana herself had a 5 year old flower girl who sat through the service.

And has anyone met a standard 10 year old these days. I put on the Tempest with my lot 2 years ago.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I expect to see the Countess of Burma, Penelope Knatchbull there definitely. She was very close to Philip over the years.
I would more expect Lady Pamela Hicks to be there, rather than Penelope Knatchbull.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

A quite logical list.

By the way: it is not The Princess Beatrice resp The Princess Eugenie.

The word The is reserved for children of a Sovereign. And -by royal command- it was used for the late Duke also: The Prince Philip.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Yes, by marriage, but not in her own right.

Yes but her husband Norton has health issues so I think people would assume he wouldn’t attend. It has always been Penny who had the closer relationship with the Queen and the Duke.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Maybe the Margrave of Baden will attend, If Harry can go from America, I don't see why a nephew or niece from Germany couldn't, as long as they follow the same rules.

Closed Thread