The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 07:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just saw this....oh no. I know he was 99, but I felt he was almost immortal, so very strong.

Oh, I’m just heartbroken. I’m so, so sorry for HM, who has loved him for almost her entire life. I can’t bear to think of her alone (except for some staff) ..I do hope she’ll be allowed to have some family stay with her.

I’m so sorry for the entire family ....I’m just gutted, as the British say. I’m glad at least that Philip died at Windsor and not in the hospital

Old 04-09-2021, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

How very sad,may the Duke rest in peace.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:15 AM
Nobility

RIP very sad
Old 04-09-2021, 07:19 AM
Majesty

Im sorry he didn't make his century but I think that that long hosptial stay was a bad sign.. He has probalby never been Ok since then....
In spite of his many faults one of hte best of the RF
Old 04-09-2021, 07:20 AM
Serene Highness

I've been in tears since I heard. He'd always been there. And it's so hard for any family to lose someone at this difficult time - he never got to see August or Lucas, and he won't have seen most of the rest of the family for months because of lockdown.

No-one lives for ever, and 99 is a wonderful age, but I'm very sad.
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It's been said that when a man dies, he holds in his hands only that which he has given away. Over his 99 years on our Earth, Philip not only gave his all to his wife and his family but to his nation and beyond that to the world. His hands were full to capacity.

The light shines a little dimmer in this world today as we mourn the passing of a great man and humanitarian. He will never be forgotten.
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I am not too proud to admit I shed tears when BBC interrupted their broadcast with this news.

I had hoped when he left hospital that he would see 100, but it wasn't to be.

My heart goes out to the royal family, The Queen and Charles who celebrates his wedding anniversary today of course.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:21 AM
Courtier

My thoughts are with family...very sad...May his soul rest in peace
Old 04-09-2021, 07:21 AM
Royal Highness

Not unexpected but it is nonetheless heartbreaking. I feel deeply for the Queen, who lost today her long-life support, and for her family.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:22 AM
Majesty

Really sad news but glad he was at least able to return home from hospital to spend his final weeks with his wife. Of course, we don't know whether they BRF knew it would be his last weeks or that it is rather unexpected for them as well.

While Covid has many disadvantages, the queen and Duke of Edinburgh were able to spend a lot of time together of the last year because of it. I am sure the queen will cherish the many memories made over a lifetime together.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:24 AM
Serene Highness

Such sad news. RIP
Old 04-09-2021, 07:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

He and QEII were married almost 74 years. That's longer than my own parents have been alive. I can't imagine spending that much of my life with someone.

I'm sending love and peace to everyone, in the hopes that they find strength in each other during this unfathomably difficult time.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever......"
Old 04-09-2021, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

My heart aches for the Queen. They shared a love that lasted for 73 years- a rarity. I cannot imagine how she must be feeling.
The Duke lead a long life- he lived to see the birth of his great-grandchildren. May his soul rest in peace
Old 04-09-2021, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Death of HRH the Duke of Edinburgh: 9 April 2021

Sad to hear the news. I’d hoped that him going home was a good sign, but at least he got to go home.

What an extraordinary life he lived.

Very sorry for the RF.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, no, no , no ,no
Terrible, terrible news.
He was, by far, one of y favourites royals. Truly the last of his kind, a true legend, really.

The end of an era. He'll so missed.

So long Phil, you were a gentleman until the very end.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:31 AM
Nobility

Such a sad news even if not exactly unexpected.

Condolences to Her Majesty The Queen and Her Family.

Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

So sad, in two months he would be one century's. RIP
But he had a marvelous full life.
Condolences to his family and especially to HM the Queen.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

This is such sad news, but in another way, not totally unexpected after his very long stay in hospital.

It really feels like the passing of an era.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

At last he could die at home and the Queen could be at his bedside, Wonder what the funeral will like be. Certainly not like the one who took place exactly 19 years ago.-

Old 04-09-2021, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness

What a terrible news and almost two months of being a centenarian. The Duke of Edinburgh will be remembered for his service to the country and support to The Queen. He will be greatly missed.

Condolences to The Royal Family and The Queen who just lost her beloved husband.

May HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh rest in peace.

Closed Thread