Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 8 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems very sudden. I thought she would pass away in a day or 2, but got a schok when the BBC suddenly announced that she died this afternoon

Very sad news. My thoughts are with the family at this difficult time.
I find it comforting that she died peacefully in a place she loved after a long and active life.

It seems very sudden. I thought she would pass away in a day or 2, but got a schok when the BBC suddenly announced that she died this afternoon

Maybe the note handed to Liz Truss was already "London Bridge" and they were only holding on the announcement. Mrs Truss now officially becomes Queen Elizabeth II's last Prime Minister and the new King's first.

Sincere condolences to TM The King and Queen and the British people as a whole and in the Dominions and the Commonwealth.

Love and strenght,and warmth among eachother on this sad occasion.

"Unicorn " is already well on its way,the codename for the protocol for this sad occasion,
for the continuation of the Monarchy,the new Monarch and the funeral arrangements next week..

Very much moved

Last edited:
Maybe the note handed to Liz Truss was already "London Bridge" and they were only holding on the announcement. Mrs Truss now officially becomes Queen Elizabeth II's last Prime Minister and the new King's first.

from the tone of the BBC news programme I htought that they knew it could not be long, but maybe they knew that she was gone some time during the afternoon. Martin Lewis mentioned "the King" and the queen consort, so that kind of makes it all real

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine,
et lux perpetua luceat ei.:britflag:

et lux perpetua luceat ei.:crown7:

et lux perpetua luceat ei.:throne:

Requiescat in pace. Amen :easter::easter::easter::easter::easter::easter::easter::easter::easter:

Such sad news. I always knew this day would come but it still didn't feel like it would ever happen. Back with her beloved Philip

Deeply deeply saddened by this news. Very strong emotions. There will be a lot of real grief at her passing.

Long live The King

What a sad sad day.

May she rest in peace - wonderful, inspiring Queen Elizabeth - and sincerest condolences to her loved ones.

It is a very sad day, she had a good life

Long Live The King

Response by King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix upon the death of Queen Elizabeth II

"We remember Queen Elizabeth II with deep respect and great affection. Steadfast and wise, she dedicated her long life to serving the British people. We feel a strong bond with the United Kingdom and its royal family, and we share their sorrow at this time. We are very grateful for our countries' close friendship, to which Queen Elizabeth made such an unforgettable contribution."

https://www.royal-house.nl/latest/n...-beatrix-upon-the-death-of-queen-elizabeth-ii

I can't quite take it in. I keep crying, and I'm doing a double take at the announcements relating to "the King and the Queen Consort". Liz Truss will be making a statement shortly - of all the times to have a brand new Prime Minister.

As the Queen said herself, the whole of her life was dedicated to duty. There will never again be anyone like her. It's hard to imagine the world without her in it.

Much love to everyone tonight. A lot of people all over the world will be feeling this loss.

My heart is broken. I can't really fathom that we'll never hear "God save the Queen" in our lifetimes again.

Very sad News but not surprsing after the News of the Day. But still surpriosing as she only meet the new PM 2 days ago
Long live King Charles.

View attachment 303062

Windsor Castle just now. I was taking the photo of the rainbow just as the flag was lowered, before the sad news was officially announced. So for a very few moments the people of Windsor knew before the rest of the nation, which somehow feels appropriate.

What a lovely picture. Very fitting mark of the passing of an extraordinary person. Thank you.

Following the announcement of her death, UAE tweeted, “We join the world in mourning the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, a global icon who represented the finest qualities of her nation and people”.

The instagram account of William and Kate has added Duke and Duchess of Cornwall.

This is a very sad day. I wasn't prepared, even though I knew this day would come.

This feels surreal. Thank you, Your Majesty!

A statement by King Charles:

** Statement **

A statement from His Majesty The King:

The death of my beloved Mother, Her Majesty The Queen, is a moment of the greatest sadness for me and all members of my family.

We mourn profoundly the passing of a cherished Sovereign and a much-loved Mother. I know her loss will be deeply felt throughout the country, the Realms and the Commonwealth, and by countless people around the world.

During this period of mourning and change, my family and I will be comforted and sustained by our knowledge of the respect and deep affection in which The Queen was so widely held.

Last edited:
Very sad day. I always thought The Queen would live to over 100 like her mother, but her health had clearly deteriorated over the past few months.

Rest In Peace Your Majesty. ❤️

Sir Tony Blair, the UK prime minister between 1997 and 2007, said: “We have lost not just our monarch but the matriarch of our nation, the figure who more than any other brought our country together, kept us in touch with our better nature, personified everything which makes us proud to be British.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a funny feeling last night, just as I had the night before my own grandmother passed.

Weren’t the news saying that William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie arrived at 5:05? To me that is evening so I think they were too late :(

The UK Prime Minister referred to Charles as "King Charles III"

I can't believe the Queen is dead. May She rest in peace ♥

Huw Edwards tripping over the word "King". "Statement from the King, uh, Charles who just became King as soon as his mother died..."

That's how I'm feeling, it's totally surreal that on Monday it was HM The Queen and PM Boris Johnson and now Thursday it's HM The King and PM Liz Truss.

Back
Top Bottom