Angela Kelly: the Queen's Confidante, Curator, Fixer and Minder

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The media do like to make a fuss.

So it turns out she has been provided with a house after all, just not on the Windsor Estate. Not a surprise, after all houses there will be at a premium and be much more useful for those who are still employees of the RF.

I noticed in the demise honours that at least two of the late Queen's ladies in waiting were "only" awarded an LVO while two were made Dames Commander (and others are already awarded that) I suspect it has much more to do with length of service than any personal snub. I mean "tall Paul" Her Late Majesty's much longer serving page wasn't made a Sir so I don't see how its a snub at all.

I do think Angela is possibly not well liked by some in the Household, and indeed some in the family. But they will follow out her late Majesty's wishes.

It has been revealed, leaked whatever you want to call it that the house that Angela Kelly is moving to in Yorkshire was provided by the King to honour his mothers wishes. From what I read it is closer to her family, as for the mobile phone, why would she require a mobile phone supplied by the palace when she no longer works for them. There is nothing unusual in an employee losing a tied home and anything related to the job once they are no longer employed. It would appear that Angela has been given a reasonable amount of time to relocate.

Yep, kind of contradicts the story of the previous day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ate-Queens-dresser-Angela-Kelly-new-home.html

Although the Peak District and Guiseley, a suburb of Leeds are 2 completely different parts of the country.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with losing a work mobile or other perks that went with a job.

Whatever was agreed by QE2 for Angela's retirement will be carried out. I view that article as yet more mischief-making by the press.

Its just filling up pages. I dont know why people take it serously.

Its just filling up pages. I dont know why people take it serously.

It is also interesting that people who do not believe anything that comes out of certain newspapers suddenly believed what they published about Angela being evicted etc etc, no phone OMG they took her phone away because Charles is not a nice man. \Unbelievable.

I do think Angela is possibly not well liked by some in the Household, and indeed some in the family. But they will follow out her late Majesty's wishes.

Is there reason to think so?
I greatly enjoyed Kelly's book.

It is also interesting that people who do not believe anything that comes out of certain newspapers suddenly believed what they published about Angela being evicted etc etc, no phone OMG they took her phone away because Charles is not a nice man. \Unbelievable.

Those membres are thankfully clearly indentified[.....] and did that for years : " do what i say , don't do what i do".

Kinda fun actually.

Last edited by a moderator:
[.....]

And there were several newspapers and sources earlier publishing the information I posted about Ms Kelly, who herself apparently pointed to two different destinations for her new home, one in the city of Leeds and one in the Peak District, neither of which are near each other btw.

But the primary source and "exclusive" was the Fail, which is only listed as "semi-reliable" and not allowed to be directly posted in other threads for a reason. (It's deliberately sensationalist and not the best indicator of things.)

[.....]

And there were several newspapers and sources earlier publishing the information I posted about Ms Kelly, who herself apparently pointed to two different destinations for her new home, one in the city of Leeds and one in the Peak District, neither of which are near each other btw.

I cannot recall what was said about location, I think it was generally Yorkshire but I could be wrong. The two areas you are quoting are not next door to each other but they are not at opposite ends of the country either. Maybe she wants to keep it vague.

I cannot recall what was said about location, I think it was generally Yorkshire but I could be wrong. The two areas you are quoting are not next door to each other but they are not at opposite ends of the country either. Maybe she wants to keep it vague.

I can certainly understand if Ms. Kelly wishes to keep her new address private and therefore is vague about the exact location.

[.....]

My bad.
So thank you to share with us this crucial piece of information without a second thought whatsoever.

I'll take the informations from the Daily Mail more seriously fom now ...

I scan the headlines of the British tabloids from time to other and try to
take especially the royalty related news with a grain of salt…….

Question: was the late queens promise of a G&F home in Windsor Park - or anywhere else for that matter - ever communicated by official RF channels?

Comment: Miss Kelly was no doubt a trusted aide to her late Majesty!
I haven’t read any of her books and may not know the whole context,
however for a staff member to call her -or himself a “ friend” of
a royal principal is perhaps pushing your luck. IMHO, of course!

Last edited:
Comment: Miss Kelly was no doubt a trusted aide to her late Majesty!
I haven’t read any of her books and may not know the whole context,
however for a staff member to call her -or himself a “ friend” of
a royal principal is perhaps pushing your luck. IMHO, of course!

To be fair, Angela didn't describe herself as one of QE2's friends - it was the other way around. She said that QE2 was her best friend, which I can understand after all those years of working in very close contact.

She's entitled to be a friend of the queen's, Im sure the queen regarded her as such.

She reportedly posted a comment that she was moving to the Sheffield end of the Peak District. Other reports have said that she's moving to Guiseley, near Leeds, which is about 50 miles from Sheffield. I think I've read that her daughter lives in Leeds, so it probably suits her much better to live near there than at Windsor. She's not a public figure, so it's not really the media's business where she's moving to anyway.

why does anyone care? She is a private person, who wrote a book or 2. She can live where she wants and its nooones business.

I wonder if Angela Kelly will ever made a Dame?

She has now left Royal service so I think it unlikely, what would she do to merit another honour now?

I wonder if Angela Kelly will ever made a Dame?

I doubt it. As she is no longer a serving member of any royal household, and has just been ”upgraded” from LVO to CVO, i don’t think she will get any higher up than that.

And i can’t see what she has done outside of the royal household to qualify for a DBE…

No i think she has come as far as she can come on that ladder…

I think it's clear that AK would be sidelined after QEII's death, I doubt she had any ilusions about that.
The same happened to 'Backstairs Billy' William Tallon, the irreplacable confidante of Queen Mum, a flamboyant character as well.

How is she sidelined? She worked for the queen, the queen died and she has retired rom royal service now

Back
Top Bottom