90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps Shakespeare and Hardcastle (what names!) are going to be talking heads on an ITV programme about the Queen and are therefore spruiking it up!

Perhaps Shakespeare and Hardcastle (what names!) are going to be talking heads on an ITV programme about the Queen and are therefore spruiking it up!

Snort!! Good one!!

ROYAL NORWAY, it's the DM and two of the trashier Royal "reporters" out there. Do what the majority of us have learned over the years : Consider the source and then ignore.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Snort!! Good one!!

ROYAL NORWAY, it's the DM and two of the trashier Royal "reporters" out there. Do what the majority of us have learned over the years : Consider the source and then ignore.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

You're right and that's what I usually do, but when it comes to these two and the Danish royal expert Trine Villemann, then I just can't ignore it. And the problem with Shakespeare and Hardcastle is that many people believe in what they write.

I know we complains about the mail/fail and I can't believe I'm writing this, but I actually think that they are not serious enough to write/work there. They should apply for a job in the globe.

Last edited:
Ant and Dec recently bagged themselves a seriously high-profile gig. The award-winning Britain's Got Talent and I'm A Celebrity... presenters are set to lead ITV's coverage of Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday.

And it seems the request for the Geordie duo came from surprisingly high up.

"Apparently she asked for us to do it," the pair reveal on tonight's Graham Norton Show.

"We don’t really know how it happened but can only imagine she’s called Charles and asked if he knew anyone that could do it? and he’s said, 'I’ve just met a couple of lads who’ve been following me around for a year.'"
Read more: Ant and Dec on Graham Norton Show: Queen asked us to do 90th birthday celebrations

Sinn Fein and SDLP Derry & Strabane Councillors have agreed to spend around £600 on beacons to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday.

All nationalist and unionist parties all backed the move at the February meeting of the Council’s Health and Community Committee sitting in Strabane on Thursday, while concerns were raised by some of the Independent Councillors present.

The UK-wide Beacon Lighting Ceremony will mark Queen Elizabeth II’s official birthday on April 21, 2016.
Read more: Nationalist Councillors agree to spend £600 on Queen’s birthday - Londonderry Sentinel

Queen jigsaw maker Dave Evans aims to set new world record - BBC News
A jigsaw maker who gained fame when his 40,000-piece Queen's Jubilee puzzle collapsed is hoping to beat his own world record with a new attempt.

Dave Evans set a Guinness World Record for the largest hand-cut, wooden jigsaw in 2013 - despite it collapsing as the final piece was put in.

He now hopes to cut a larger puzzle to mark the Queen's 90th birthday, he told the Dorset Echo.

He said he hoped his skill, not a collapse, would be remembered.

I hope it's goes better this time.

The Queen plans birthday tour of Britain for when she turns 90 in April* | Daily Mail Online
The Queen is to carry out a short tour of the UK to celebrate her 90th birthday.

In a scaled-down version of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012, Her Majesty will visit cities around the country to meet as many of her subjects as possible.

As The Mail on Sunday revealed last month, the Queen will also be conducting engagements on her actual birthday, April 21, including a walkabout in Windsor.

She will then light the Principal Beacon at Windsor Castle – the first of 564 birthday beacons that officially mark the beginning of the celebrations.

For the first time members of the Army Cadet Force will light beacons on Ben Nevis in Scotland, Snowdon in Wales, Scafell Pike in England and Slieve Donard in Northern Ireland.

The Queen will then attend a private birthday party at Windsor Castle, hosted by Prince Charles.

I know that the Queen will celebrate her 90th birthday with two days of public engagements and a family party at Windsor in April because both the telegraph and the times have reported it, but I'm not sure about this so-called scaled-down version of the Diamond Jubilee tour because I don't believe in anything the mail/fail says.

MAkes me wonder what they will do when she turns 95.

Reminds me of Ol' Blue Eyes, but the music isn't as good.

The UK is planning a cleanliness drive to spruce up at least 12 areas of the country in time for Queen Elizabeth II's 90th birth anniversary celebrations later this year.

From hundreds of locations nominated by the British public, a so-called "dirty dozen" were chosen by the "Clean for the Queen" campaign, 'The Sunday Times' reported on Sunday.

The areas include riverbanks, verges, suburban roads, lay-bys and beaches due to their unmanageable litter problems.

The campaign is recruiting 1 million volunteers to pick up litter in their local communities on the weekend of March 4-6.
Read more: Clean Britain drive for Queen's 90th birthday

PA Royal Reporters ‏@PARoyal
Ballot for free tickets to @HMQ_90 celebration for Queen's 90th opens to the public

http://www.hmq90.co.uk/

How YOU could win FREE tickets to the Queen's 90th birthday | Royal | News | Daily Express
Some 5,000 places are up for grabs for a spot on The Long Walk in the grounds of Home Park, Windsor Castle, on Sunday May 15 - the final night of The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration show.

Half of the tickets will be drawn from local Windsor residents who apply, but the remainder will be open to all.

Seated tickets to watch the four-night theatrical spectacular - which will feature 900 horses and 1,500 participants including musicians, dancers and choirs, as well as famous actors and artists - sold out within hours in November.

Nice picture of our beloved Queen:
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/106/590x/secondary/queen1-465842.jpg

Suffolk's exciting plans to celebrate The Queen's 90th birthday with street parties and we have free tea for every event - News - East Anglian Daily Times
It’s a milestone year for Her Majesty. The Queen, who has reigned over us all these years, is to celebrate her 90th birthday.

And Suffolk’s communities are set to mark the occasion with an exciting series of events and celebrations.

A symbol of continuity, stability and duty in an ever changing world, it’s as if she has always been there. And for most of us The Queen has been a constant through all our lives.

Born in 1926, The Queen, who succeeded to the throne in 1952, will celebrate her birthday on April 21 but her official birthday in June will be marked by a mass street party – The Patron’s Lunch – in London as well as a service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral and the traditional Trooping of the Colour ceremony.

Communities secretary Greg Clark said: “The Queen’s 90th birthday is a truly national event and provides a great change for all of us to reflect on the extraordinary service her majesty has given this country for more than six decades

Pictures from this article that shows the Queen when she still was doing her walkabouts:
http://www.eadt.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4418707!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg
http://www.eadt.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.4418709!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/image.jpg

East Anglian Daily Times front page:
http://edition.pagesuite-profession...id=01a07bcc-5f97-43b2-91ec-79e8937458f2 &d=15

Last edited:
Appeal for 90-year-olds to come forward to light Queen's birthday beacon (From Ilkley Gazette)
BURLEY Parish Council is on the hunt for 90-year-old residents to help light a beacon for The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations in April.

There is a long and unbroken tradition in of celebrating Royal jubilees, weddings, coronations and special birthdays with the lighting of beacons.

Burley Parish Council will be lighting a beacon in Grange Park at about 7pm. There will be music and events from Scouts and Guides plus food and refreshments for sale.

In line with the theme, the parish council hopes some 90-year-old Burley residents will come along and help chairman, Councillor John Grimshaw, light the beacon.

Twice as many tickets will be made available to the public for a 90th birthday picnic with the Queen as had originally been promised.

The Patron’s Lunch, which is being organised by the Queen’s grandson Peter Phillips, will have 2,000 tickets on offer when a public ballot opens today.

The organisers had originally said “at least 1,000” of the £150-per-head tickets would be for the public, with around 9,000 available to the 600-plus charities of which the Queen is Patron.

Yesterday a spokesman for Mr Phillips denied that the additional release of public tickets meant charities were being put off by the £150 cost.

They insisted that around 1,000 tickets had been kept in reserve as a “contingency” and that the decision had been taken to sell them to the public.
Read more: Peter Phillips doubles the number of public tickets for 90th birthday picnic with the Queen - Telegraph

Town lighting beacon to celebrate Queen's 90th birthday (From East London and West Essex Guardian Series)
A town in Epping Forest will join hundreds of others around the country as it lights a beacon to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday.

Epping Town Council will light the beacon on April 21 as the longest reigning British monarch marks her birthday.

Queen Elizabeth II herself will light the first in the series at Windsor Castle, followed by more than 560 others around the country.

The Epping ceremony will be at the Frampton Road recreation ground.

The open event starts at 7pm and the beacon will be lit at 7.30pm.

Town clerk Beverley Rumsey said: “Epping Town Council are delighted to be taking part in this important event and invite everyone to come and join us for what we hope will be a memorable occasion.

“It’s the kind of thing that children will remember for years to come.”

Tea party in Wellingborough in honour of the Queen's 90th birthday - Northamptonshire Telegraph
People in Wellingborough are invited to a tea party being held to mark the Queen’s 90th birthday.

With the support of Nene Valley Community Action (NVCA), Wellingborough mayor Barry Graves will be holding a tea party‟ at the Tithe Barn from 1.30pm to 4pm on Thursday, April 21.

Cllr Graves said: “This is an important event to mark the Queen’s milestone birthday and I am proud to be part of the celebrations.

“This will be a wonderful opportunity for Wellingborough to be able to mark the occasion by bringing people together.”

Other activities taking place on the day include performances from Northamptonshire Carers Choir, Ukulele Crew and Croyland School Choir.

Judging of the local primary schools’ portrait of the Queen‟ art competition will also take place.

CEO of Nene Valley Community Action Rosemary Hadaway said: “Preparations are well under way for the Queen’s 90th birthday activities in Wellingborough.

Helston to celebrate Queen's 90th birthday (From This is The West Country)
Deputy mayor Gillian Geer suggested the town should hold an event, telling her fellow town councillors: "I think it would look really bad if this council could not be the people that push forward to have some sort of birthday celebration."

She added it was important to "get on with it", saying: "I think we need a street party, we need to put up flags, we need to get the band organised. I think we need to get as many things as we can to show we appreciate a really important person."

It was felt there was not enough time to plan something for the Queen's actual birthday in April and the town should instead aim for an event to mark her 'official' birthday in June.

The Royal Mint's Queen's 90th birthday medal competition
The Royal Mint is looking for young designers across South Wales to enter a competition to design both sides of a very special medal - lucky winners will have their design struck in bronze for presentation to Her Majesty The Queen to wish her a very happy 90th birthday.

The Royal Mint Museum’s Education Manager, Lucy-Ann Pickering said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for the primary schoolchildren of South Wales to show off their talent for design. We are asking for both a ‘heads’ and a ‘tails’ image for the medal, which should take inspiration from The Queen’s long reign, and show something of her personality, or perhaps feature her interests or hobbies.”

Winners will not only have their design struck onto a bronze medal for presentation to The Queen, but will also receive copies of the medal for themselves and their school as a memento of their achievement. They will also be invited to tour The Royal Mint’s new Visitor Centre in Llantrisant, South Wales with their families, and win a free visit and workshop at the Visitor Centre for their primary school class.

David Cameron and Boris Johnson set aside their EU differences to 'clean for the Queen' - Telegraph

Some of this long article:
Conservative politicians David Cameron and Boris Johnson have put their differences to one side and joined the cast of the Archers and Women’s Institute members to urge Britons to clean the UK for the Queen’s 90th birthday.

The national Clean for the Queen initiative takes place next weekend on March 4, 5 and 6 when over one million people are expected to clean their neighbourhoods ahead of the Queen’s birthday on April 21 and her official birthday in June.

Government ministers and nearly 100 MPs from across the House of Commons have pledged their support and many will be taking part in litter picking events in their constituencies over the weekend. More than 200 local authorities are getting involved and promoting special events.

The campaign has even inspired producers of the BBC Radio Four soap "The Archers" to create a litter picking event in the fictional village of Ambridge, while local Women's Institute groups are joining in with a group in Suffolk sprucing up dirty road signs.

Janice Langley, who chairs the National Federation of Women's Institutes, said: “As the founders of Keep Britain Tidy in 1954, the NFWI are very proud to be supporting the national clean-up ‘Clean for The Queen’ in March.

"WI groups all over the country are organising events in their communities to support this initiative.

"HM The Queen, a WI member and President of Sandringham WI, played a very important role in the WI Centenary celebrations last year, and we are delighted that members are taking part in her birthday celebrations.”

Community groups, local authorities, housing associations, high street retailers such as John Lewis and M&S, Costa, McDonalds and Greggs, schools, Guides, Scouts and Cubs groups are taking part across the UK.

Adrian Evans, the campaign director, of Clean for The Queen, said: “The response to the campaign has been truly inspiring. We have hundreds of thousands of people taking part and we want everyone to get involved.

"There is still time to get together with friends, neighbours or work colleagues andorganise an event. If everyone picked up a single piece of litter, it will make a difference.”

Pictures from this article:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03583/boris_3583744b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03583/gove_3583746b.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03431/706903_Queen_27s_D_3431569b.jpg

Last edited:
Queen's birthday marked by Stoke-on-Trent made china collection | Royal | News | Daily Express

"In this two-hour landmark programme celebrating The Queen's 90th birthday, ITV cameras have been granted close access to the work of Her Majesty and other members of the Royal Family across the United Kingdom and overseas during the last year"

Our Queen at Ninety Episode 1

Queen Elizabeth 90th Birthday Tea and Gifts : People.com

Who want a bite of the Queen's purse?

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are happiest at Balmoral reveals Princess Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget-me-nots and cornflowers – which traditionally flower in April, the month the monarch was born, and in June, the month of her official birthday, respectively – have been chosen to decorate the Royal Collection Trust pieces.

We wanted to put out something that was a little bit different …

something that was much more personal and delicate

IAN GRANT, ROYAL COLLECTION TRUST
Read more:Floral tribute unveiled for Queen’s 90th birthday - The Scotsman

Queen's official range of commemorative 90th birthday china goes on sale today  | Daily Mail Online
The countdown to the Queen’s 90th birthday begins in earnest today as the official commemorative china range goes on sale.

Her Majesty personally approved the set and is said to be ‘very pleased’.

Ian Grant, of the Royal Collection Trust, which made the fine bone china pieces, said they wanted to create ‘something much more personal’ than previous royal ranges.

Video:
The Royal Collection Trust launches a new pottery range today, ahead of the Queen's 90th birthday on 21st April. The collection is expected to include teacups, plates and saucers - and follows on from previous issues designed to commemorate other royal occasions including the Diamond Jubilee and royal births.

Home - ITNSource News

MAkes me wonder what they will do when she turns 95.

Reminds me of Ol' Blue Eyes, but the music isn't as good.

If Philip is alive by then, the focus will probably be on his birthday as he would turn 100

32-page Glossy Daily Mail Souvenir Magazine celebrating the Queen's 90th birthday | Daily Mail Online
JOIN the Daily Mail in celebrating the remarkable life of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as we look back at the last 90 years. In the first of a two-part series of beautifully collated, candid images of the Queen, we admire these rarely seen snapshots of her achievements both in power and at home that we've celebrated as a nation. Presented in a sumptuous 32-page glossy magazine, this truly heart-warming collection will be something to treasure.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/03/11/31CE6D3500000578-3474592-image-a-1_1457005849421.jpg

Prince Richard joined pupils from Park Lane Primary School in Park Lane, to pick up litter in King Edward Park as part of a campaign by Keep Britain Tidy to clear up the country ahead of The Queen’s official 90th birthday in June.

The Duke, who is a first cousin to Queen Elizabeth II and 24th in line to the throne, said: “If we can use Clean For The Queen to make people think about the damage that litter can do, it will be a very valuable exercise.

“I know it will give great pleasure to Her Majesty to know that her birthday has created something so wonderful which will help us to all look after our beautiful country.”
Read more: HRH The Duke of Gloucester joins children in Wembley to ‘Clean for the Queen’ - Environment - Kilburn Times

"Cadet, would you stand before the Queen in those boots?!"

That phrase, so often shouted in training sessions for the RCMP Musical Ride, now carries a lot more meaning for Const. Sean Roche.

A team of Mounties and their equine partners will be flying to Britain in May to take part in a special five-day celebration of the Queen's 90th birthday.

More than 900 horses from all over the Commonwealth will be taking part, including the Canadian contingent.

"It's pretty exciting, it's pretty neat," Roche said.

He'll be performing with his partner Visty, a 15-year-old Hanoverian mare standing 17 hands tall.
Read more: RCMP Musical Ride headed to Britain for Queen's 90th birthday - Ottawa - CBC News

Collectible souvenirs for Queen's 90th birthday slated - The Scotsman
Mr Gerrard, who is head of product design consultancy Gerrard and Medd, was the Scottish representative on the selection committee for approved souvenirs for the 1981 marriage of Prince Charles and Diana.

He expressed his astonishment that the gold-encrusted china, decorated in forget-me-nots and cornflowers – which traditionally flower in April, the month the monarch was born, and in June, the month of her official birthday – was chosen as the official Royal Collection Trust range.

“Quite who decided on producing such ephemeral objects to commemorate a monarch of the technological age, I cannot imagine,” he said.

Back
Top Bottom