90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Wow! That is really fantastic and I'm sure you can count on carrying the best wishes for HM when you go from all of us here at TRF. Its going to be a very beautiful and historic occasion and happy are the souls that get to celebrate it with HM and her family. :flowers:

It's not going to happen for a multitude of reasons but if I could choose, I'd rather like to see a glittering banquet/ball of the sort the Scandinavians do for landmark birthdays, making it a celebration of the 90th birthday of the Queen and her successes during the longest reign in the era of constitutional monarchy. Needless to say, I'd like to see representatives from all Europe's main houses, reigning or not, there, from Monaco to Montenegro.

Over the years, the emphasis has rightly been on the Commonwealth and the nations and regions of the British Isles but it would be nice to see a big bash focussing on Europe.

From the Queen's personal point of view, the Diamond Jubilee was a far more important occasion than her 90th birthday. Yet, she held only an informal lunch with her fellow monarchs to mark the Jubilee. It is totally unlikely that there will be a gala banquet or ball for the 90th birthday then.

Queen's 90th birthday party tickets sell out in hours - BBC News
Tickets for a celebration to mark the Queen's 90th birthday sold out within hours of going on sale.

All 25,000 seats for the four-night event in the grounds of Windsor Castle had been bought within five hours of going on sale at 09:00 GMT.

Queen's 90th birthday celebrations are a sell out in just FIVE hours | Daily Mail Online
The Queen is going all out to mark her 90th birthday, in contrast with her more low-key 80th celebrations in 2006.

Her Majesty celebrated the milestone by dining at grand Marlborough House in London with representatives of the 53 Commonwealth nations and also had an informal walkabout where she was given flowers by well-wishers.

The Queen's 80th birthday celebrations was not low-key.

See this post.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...th-may-and-june-2016-a-38627.html#post1799762

That's wonderful! To be fair, I didn't expect the tickets to sell out in such a short span of time!

This article is about the Queen's visit to Malta, but I found this too.

Haven't 66 years flown by Philip? The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh recapture poignant moment from their past by recreating iconic photograph on their final day in Malta | Daily Mail Online
The Royal Mail is set to provide a glorious tribute to the Queen on her 90th birthday by issuing commemorative stamps of Her Majesty and three future Kings.

The Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George were all brought together recently for a group photograph. The line-up will be split into four separate stamps, each featuring one of the Royals.

And during the photo session, two-year-old George had to stand on a pile of books to raise him to a similar height as his father, grandfather and great-grandmother.

All four generations of Royals were first pictured together at Clarence House following George’s christening in 2013. More recently, the Queen and her heirs were seen on the balcony of Buckingham Palace for Trooping the Colour.

The Queen’s birthday on April 21 next year will be marked by a series of events, including a four-day theatrical spectacle at Windsor Castle involving up to 1,500 musicians, dancers and choirs, and some 900 horses, with the final night of the show screened live on ITV.

Further celebrations will take place on her official birthday weekend in June, including a street party in The Mall.

Royal Mail refused to discuss details of the portrait, saying only that the stamps would be revealed on the Queen’s birthday.

This picture is just put together by the mail.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/11/28/23/2EE3C93A00000578-0-image-a-18_1448753640055.jpg

I would tend to believe the article... There are some details who make me beleive it, like that "George had to stand on a pile of books":... If true, it would be a beautiful tribute, and a very much anticipated one! I think it may be the last 4 generation group photo!

That had to be one giant pile of books to raise George to his father's height and the Queen would also need her own book pile since she is a foot shorter than William. Plus if they making the photo into 4 separate stamps, why not just take 4 individual pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I would tend to believe the article... There are some details who make me beleive it, like that "George had to stand on a pile of books":... If true, it would be a beautiful tribute, and a very much anticipated one! I think it may be the last 4 generation group photo!

It would have been a huge stack of books to be his fathers height and the Queen would have to have some books too.

Sorry skippy boo just saw your post

It would have been a huge stack of books to be his fathers height and the Queen would have to have some books too.

Well, one can always hope, can't I? No need to read negativity in a post that contians none. I just hope stamps or photos of the four generations will be released ad hoc for HM's birthday!

Hahah, I had that thought as well :p The story might be true... the book part.... probably not so much :p

BBC - BBC One to broadcast The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations - Media Centre
The weekend of birthday celebrations for the landmark anniversary begins on Friday 10 June with a service of thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral, and the traditional display of pageantry of the Queen's Birthday Parade (Trooping the Colour) will be held on Saturday 11 June on Horse Guards Parade, culminating with the Royal Family making their annual appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.

BBC One will also broadcast a special celebration on The Mall in St James's Park taking place on Sunday 12 June to close the weekend of birthday celebrations. The iconic stretch will be transformed for its largest ever street party with 10,000 people gathered to celebrate The Queen’s patronage of over 600 charities and organisations on the occasion of her 90th birthday for The Patron’s Lunch.

Phil Dolling, Head of Events Production, says: “We are thrilled to be broadcasting three days of events in June to mark Her Majesty’s 90th Birthday. It promises to be a fantastic weekend, climaxing with a huge street party in the Mall on the Sunday. It is a very significant birthday for the Queen and BBC One will be right at the heart of the celebrations.”

Peter Phillips says he and his company applied for the rights to host this event just like everyone else.

Brilliant he just happened to win the contract :whistling:

Last edited:
Brilliant he just happened to win the contract

If Mr Phillips' quote was as good as the others, hy wouldn't the Palace chose his? After all it's likely the personal connection will ensure due care is taken with the complex arrangements involved.

^^^ Its sort like Zara wanting us to believe she receives all those Hello magazine covers and interviews based solely on her equestrian talents.

I can't remember the last time William Fox-Pitt was on the cover of Hello

Good on him by all accounts a very nice young man making his own living. Just what we want him to do

I don't have an issue with Peter organising the event but don't pretend it's not because he's the Queen's grandson

William and Harry are Co-Presidents of the Patron's Lunch so its a family affair

Peter Phillips says its 'a little strange' having the Queen as his grandmother | Daily Mail Online

"SEL is being paid a set fee basically to take this from sign-off from the Palace through to delivery of the event,’ he confirmed in an interview to publicize the celebration.
‘I was very conscious to make sure we did this properly, so we went through the normal channels of approaching the Palace. We had to show that this wasn’t a case of trying to cut corners because the Queen happens to be my grandmother.’
Describing his conversation with the Queen he recalled: ‘I said, “Oh, by the way you may or may not have heard that we are having conversations with your office about this”….She said “I’ve heard you’re up to something”.’
Peter said the idea for the street party had come up during ‘conversations with my business partners’ more than two years ago and just ‘snowballed’. "

Video:
The Queen is "excited" about her upcoming 90th birthday celebrations, her grandson Peter Phillips has told ITV News. Ten thousand guests - the vast majority of which will be representatives from charities and organisations linked to the Queen - will attend the Patron's Lunch event, something the royal said was a "tad daunting"-

Home - ITNSource News

Actually, I'm very happy that the grandsons are involved in this street party. It does make it more of a "family affair" and its a way that they can do something special for their grandmother in a behind the scenes kind of way. I'm sure Peter made sure that business was conducted like any other business proposition transaction but perhaps being the Queen's grandson did give him the edge on things but mostly because, with knowing his client, he could give more of a personal slant on likes/dislikes, colors and little things like that.

It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful celebration and hopefully I'll be able to see some of it.

Back
Top Bottom