The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #821  
Old 06-10-2016, 02:16 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,590
Sitting in the airport at the moment waiting to fly to London to be in The Mall tomorrow and very excited!!

Lovely photos from today, I loved Lady Louise's outfit.
__________________

__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #823  
Old 06-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 24
Too old fashioned, Kate needs a new stylist. I realise she needs to exercise a bit of decorum but that outfit is like something an old fashioned mother of the bride would wear.

Kate Middleton wears elegant coat dress for the Queen's 90th birthday service
Reply With Quote
  #824  
Old 06-10-2016, 03:56 PM
BMC's Avatar
BMC BMC is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 308
I think the Queen looked very good. Prince Philip however IMO didn't look well, his face & hands looked gray to me. I know he is 95 today and hasn't been in the best of health the past few years but even so, I thought he looked ill.
Reply With Quote
  #825  
Old 06-10-2016, 04:20 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
I watched a landlord say on Sky News that it was done better during her Diamond Jubilee, and said that people now also have their mind on other things like the EU and Euro thing.

But as I've said before: This is a birthday, and not a jubilee. These celebrations are similar to what we saw for the Queen's 80th birthday, but they are a actualy a bit bigger this time than in 2006.

And as some of the British royal experts say: This is the biggest birthday celebration on earth.

April 21: Walkabout and a drive through the streests of Windsor in her queenmobile to greet the crowds + the lighting of 1,000 beacons across the country and worldwide - televised by BBC One, BBC News and Sky News.

Private dinner at Windsor Castle in the evening.

May 15: Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration Pageant. 90-minute extravaganza with 900 horses and more than 1,500 riders and performers in the private grounds of Windsor Castle - televised by ITV.

June 10: Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral - televised by BBC One.

The Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla will also be hosting a lunch at Buckingham Palace for the visiting Governor-Generals. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with other Royal Family members will be hosted with special guests at the Guildhall.

June 11: Trooping the Colour in all its pomp and pageantry. The Queen and other members of the Royal family travel to and from Buckingham Palace in carriages, meaning there is ample opportunity to see her for anyone standing on The Mall. She will then appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace at 1pm to watch a fly-past. This will be another good chance for members of the public to see the Queen, albeit from a distance - televised by BBC One as usual.

June 12: The Patron's Lunch - televised by BBC One. And street parties around the country

Can we ask for more?

And the Danish and Norwegian experts agree - they are always in awe about the Queen and that she celebrates in such a big way.

The Danish and Norwegian TV coverage was very pro Queen and they praised her and called her the most famous woman on earth, but I was quite sjokert over the Danish media coverage and how little they know about the Queen as an person. The Danish journalist Ulla Therkildsen described HM as the world's biggest party girl and said that she loves to celebrate herself with pop conserts and big festivities - she and the other experts said the same in 2012. The Norwegian experts say some of the same.

Jubilees:
Her Silver, Golden and Diamond Jubilees were celebrated in a much grander style that these of Queen Margrethe, King Carl Gustaf and King Harald.

Birthdays:
Both her 80th and 90th birthdays were/is actualy celbrated much bigger than her Danish, Swedish and Norwegian counterparts.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #826  
Old 06-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post

The whole service from BBC:
Thanks for the video, but I stopped watching once I realized the BBC hired Katie "the fabricator" Nicholl. How embarrassing for the BBC. No standards.

I wonder if Kitty Kelley will be commentating Trooping tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #827  
Old 06-10-2016, 04:39 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Thanks for the video, but I stopped watching once I realized the BBC hired Katie "the fabricator" Nicholl. How embarrassing for the BBC. No standards.

I wonder it Kitty Kelley will be commentating Trooping tomorrow.
You're very welcome!

And yes I know. And as I said in another post here: I like Kirsty Young, but of all the great royal experts we have in the UK, they could have found someone better than Gyles Brandreth and (as you says) Katie Nicholl. But they are both big fans of the Queen, as most royal Experts are.

The BBC coverage from St Paul's were very good and I liked the commentaries from Huw Edwards and Robert Hardman as I usually does. Watch from 1:00:40 and you don't have to watch Katie at all.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #828  
Old 06-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 8,012
Thanks for the videos and photos!
Lady Gabriella Windsor looked exquisitely divine. I would call Princess Alexandra's look whimsical elegant.

Visconutess Linley's and Lady Chatto's ensembles were just all right. Serena's hat perched awkwardly.Princess Michael's white ensemble made her look huge. Her Edwardian-style hat was nice though.

The rest is so so.
Reply With Quote
  #829  
Old 06-10-2016, 05:33 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
Videos:
The Queen has hosted visiting Governor-Generals for lunch at Buckingham Palace today, as part of a series of events marking her 90th birthday. Accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip and the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall, Her Majesty posed for an official photograph with dignitaries at the event.
Home - ITNSource News

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Harry and other members of the Royal Family have arrived at the Guild Hall in the City of London for the Governor-Generals Lunch – being held to mark the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Home - ITNSource News

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry have attended the Governor-Generals’ Lunch at the Guildhall in the City of London today, as part of a series of events commemorating the Queen’s 90th birthday. The Duke of York Prince Andrew and daughters Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie also attended today’s event.
Home - ITNSource News
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #830  
Old 06-10-2016, 06:11 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,873
I want to watch the service (I would have watched it today but I wasn't at home for most of it) so will watch your video, ROYAL NORWAY, thank you. In fact, I was in East London.

It was great to see many of HM's relatives joining her for the service, it was particularly nice to see appearances from the Earl of St. Andrews and his family as I haven't seen them for a while. I was surprised that Viscount Linley's children didn't attend, they are old enough, and sometimes attend whole family events (for example, they attended the Royal Windsor Horse Show for HM's birthday this year). Perhaps they wanted to go to school instead - Charles would be sitting his GCSEs this year if I've got his age correct.
I thought that fashion wise, aside from Catherine as I've already commented about her outfit in her fashion thread, made a good effort. The only outfit I didn't like was Beatrice's, the skeleton effect is a bit much for me.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #831  
Old 06-10-2016, 06:15 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I want to watch the service (I would have watched it today but I wasn't at home for most of it) so will watch your video, ROYAL NORWAY, thank you.
You're very welcome!
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 06-10-2016, 06:25 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Thanks for the videos and photos!
Lady Gabriella Windsor looked exquisitely divine. I would call Princess Alexandra's look whimsical elegant.

Visconutess Linley's and Lady Chatto's ensembles were just all right. Serena's hat perched awkwardly.Princess Michael's white ensemble made her look huge. Her Edwardian-style hat was nice though.

The rest is so so.
I thought Vicountess Linley's hat both edgy and a fun nod to some of the hats Her Majesty wore in the late 60s-70s.
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/539...M8j692bw%3d%3d
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/506...wT8VuGWjFog%3d
or
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/506...q91I4i%2buE%3d
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 06-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 423
I don't think 53 members of the BRF were present. I think it was 43. The line counting the queen's family, the Gloucesters, and the Kents is 53. The Gloucester and Kent children like Eloise Taylor, Isabella Windsor and Xan Windsor did not attend. That takes out 8-10. Maybe the Harewoods were there but were not mentioned as members of the BRF. I got my list from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succes...British_throne.
Also HereditaryPrincess the Linley children were there but just were not seen.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 06-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Thanks for the video, but I stopped watching once I realized the BBC hired Katie "the fabricator" Nicholl. How embarrassing for the BBC. No standards.

I wonder if Kitty Kelley will be commentating Trooping tomorrow.

Katie "the fabricator"? Who's she?
Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 06-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,586
Thanks for your wealth of info.

And you are absolutely right. Don't know about Norwegian TV, but Danish TV cover QEII's birthday massively and live! Not to mention about 45 minutes every day this past week with portraits of the BRF in general and QEII in particular.
The coverage of the BRF for many years has almost consistently gone from positive to very positive. Even the controversies have been covered in an explanatory rather than sensational let alone judgmental way - albeit it with a slight sigh of relief that we don't have had the same problems in the DRF.

At least the majority of royal watchers here in DK genuinely like the pomp and circumstances surrounding the BRF events. Presumably because the DRF also use a good deal of glitter and festive effects, certainly in comparison to the other Scandinavian families with big robes and tiaras all over the place at every opportunity. Albeit more subdued than the BRF, because in Danish context that would be a bit over the top.
But the British royalists are also very much considered part of the show! Because British royalists are much more colorful and theatrical than Danish royalists. It's a show for full throttle and who doesn't like a good show?

As for Ulla Therkelsen. She is brilliant in conveying what goes on in the BRF in a funny, easy to understand but nevertheless matter of fact and very fair way. Without leaving out controversies as well as successes.
She also enjoy a good show, and the bigger hats the better! So she is in her right element when covering a BRF event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
And the Danish and Norwegian experts agree - they are always in awe about the Queen and that she celebrates in such a big way.

The Danish and Norwegian TV coverage was very pro Queen and they praised her and called her the most famous woman on earth, but I was quite sjokert over the Danish media coverage and how little they know about the Queen as an person. The Danish journalist Ulla Therkildsen described HM as the world's biggest party girl and said that she loves to celebrate herself with pop conserts and big festivities - she and the other experts said the same in 2012. The Norwegian experts say some of the same.

Jubilees:
Her Silver, Golden and Diamond Jubilees were celebrated in a much grander style that these of Queen Margrethe, King Carl Gustaf and King Harald.

Birthdays:
Both her 80th and 90th birthdays were/is actualy celbrated much bigger than her Danish, Swedish and Norwegian counterparts.
Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 06-10-2016, 07:17 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Katie "the fabricator"? Who's she?
She is the Royal Correspondent for The Mail on Sunday and Vanity Fair.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 06-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
She is the Royal Correspondent for The Mail on Sunday and Vanity Fair.
Thanks , and she is poor, because...?

No rush with the reply, gotta pick up my daughter. Goodnight.
Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 06-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,835
There was a DM report a while back that Earl Spencer (The Queen's Godson) would be invited to these celebrations. Of course, to no surprise, that proved to be false.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #839  
Old 06-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Soula's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Somewhere in southern Australia, Australia
Posts: 228
It was nice to see Lady Davina Lewis and her husband Gary Lewis

They were sitting in the second row behind Wills and Kate

I'm not sure if she is still living in New Zealand, they don't seem to be around much
__________________
Soula
Reply With Quote
  #840  
Old 06-10-2016, 08:12 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks for your wealth of info.

And you are absolutely right. Don't know about Norwegian TV, but Danish TV cover QEII's birthday massively and live! Not to mention about 45 minutes every day this past week with portraits of the BRF in general and QEII in particular.
The coverage of the BRF for many years has almost consistently gone from positive to very positive. Even the controversies have been covered in an explanatory rather than sensational let alone judgmental way - albeit it with a slight sigh of relief that we don't have had the same problems in the DRF.

At least the majority of royal watchers here in DK genuinely like the pomp and circumstances surrounding the BRF events. Presumably because the DRF also use a good deal of glitter and festive effects, certainly in comparison to the other Scandinavian families with big robes and tiaras all over the place at every opportunity. Albeit more subdued than the BRF, because in Danish context that would be a bit over the top.
But the British royalists are also very much considered part of the show! Because British royalists are much more colorful and theatrical than Danish royalists. It's a show for full throttle and who doesn't like a good show?

As for Ulla Therkelsen. She is brilliant in conveying what goes on in the BRF in a funny, easy to understand but nevertheless matter of fact and very fair way. Without leaving out controversies as well as successes.
She also enjoy a good show, and the bigger hats the better! So she is in her right element when covering a BRF event.
Thanks to you too, Muhler!

I'm not very active on the Danish forum (because I don't have the time), but I follow the DRF almost as much as I do with BRF and NRF. And therefore I can say that I agree with you, as usual (also on Ulla Therkelsen), but I think it is a bit over the top to describe HM as the world's biggest party girl who loves to celebrate herself. Because according to those who know her, she is the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks , and she is poor, because...?

No rush with the reply, gotta pick up my daughter. Goodnight.
I am most interested in the monarchy as an institution and therefore I don't read many of her articles or twitter messages, but she writes a lot of ridiculous things about the younger royals.
__________________

__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
90th Birthday Celebrations of HM King Michael (25 October 2011) Warren The Royal Family of Romania 134 07-16-2016 02:04 AM
Suggestions for King Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday celebrations: April 2016 muriel King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 33 02-26-2016 03:59 AM
Proposals for celebrating HM's 90th birthday in 2016 muriel Queen Elizabeth II 59 05-10-2015 10:02 PM
Queen Ingrid's 90th Birthday Celebrations: March 28, 2000 Alexandria Danish Royal History 6 01-02-2006 06:41 PM




Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baby names birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life fashion and style gemstones george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf hello! henry viii highgrove hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank japan japanese imperial family jewellery kensington palace king edward vii książ castle lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period pless politics prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise royal ancestry solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida thai royal family tradition united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:31 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×