90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It 'Queens Weather', but NO PROBLEM.. much fun will be had regardless..

I can see why they banned them on the Mall for the attendees as there are so many people there that they become a risk of injury to others. I can see the Royal family using them as there obviously aren't that many of them. It also makes them stand out from the crowd so people can see them.

Sky News mentioned there will be speeches. From who? Peter?

Edit: They just confirmed William will make a speech.

Last edited:
The Queen and Philip will be in the open topped state review range rover. Hopefully the weather clears up!

Peter and Autumn Phillips, Zara Philips & Mike Tindall just popped out onto the Palace balcony to look at the view of the street party.

Watch Sky News live above - They will send from all the events. They have just reported from Birmingham. You can go back in the live video and see.

Peter and Autumn Phillips, Zara Philips & Mike Tindall just popped out onto the Palace balcony to look at the view of the street party.

This made me chuckle! I bet Peter is thinking, "Go away rain!"

Just like any normal family - peering out the windows to see what is happening! Princess Beatrice was seen looking as well.

Last edited:
The weather is very different in Gloucestershire! Charles and Camilla have bright sunshine.

Now - pictures on Sky News of Charles and Camilla. And now is starts on BBC One.

BBC One:
This website allows you to watch UK TV outside the UK - just download the user-friendly app and be able to watch what you wants. I use it myself when I'm in Norway, and I recommend it to others:
Mediahhh Free UK TV Anywhere

Or watch it here:
tvpc.com - BBC 1

Or wacth it on the Sky News YouTube live video:

Question - I just read about the "restrictions" for the picnic/parade. No umbrellas or BYO food, etc.
But on Getty and elsewhere in pictures there are clearly people out on the grass with large bags and big hampers. Is it just the table area that is restricted? Who is allowed where today along the parks lining the parade area?

Question - I just read about the "restrictions" for the picnic/parade. No umbrellas or BYO food, etc.
But on Getty and elsewhere in pictures there are clearly people out on the grass with large bags and big hampers. Is it just the table area that is restricted? Who is allowed where today along the parks lining the parade area?

The 10,000 people on The Mall who all have tickets are provided with hampers from M&S.

Anywhere outside The Mall is a free area as far as I understand so you can bring what you like.

Beatrice and Autumn Peak out - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkwE4a8UYAQ6K2c.jpg

The rain has stopped, and The Cambridges, The Yorks and The Wessexes are due out soon.

There are also screens set up in the nearby parks so people who didn't have tickets can hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Yorks have chosen to walk to the Mall as opposed to in the cars with everyone else. Love that.

The Cambridge's and Harry chatting to people.

Do you think they've all been given a section of the mall to chat to?

Lady Louise is in a lovely trench coat.

Last edited:
Louise is looking rather nervous chatting on her own.

Louise is looking rather nervous chatting on her own.

She does, bless her, but i think it's really great that she's participating; i wouldn't have had the guts at age 12 to do something like that..

Lady Louise on her VERY first walkabout, no wonder she is a little reticent ! How many 12 year olds can 'small talk' with hundreds of perfect strangers !

Back
Top Bottom