90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and #PrinceHarry will join the Queen @HMQ_90 @windsorhorse to mark her 90th birthday on Sunday night

The Princess Royal attended.

Thaks Dman!

Did you get that information from the royal diary? Because I haven't had time to check lately, but now I think to remember that I've seen it there.

Edward and sophie will attend tonight, but I don't know who will atent tomorrow.

The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry are Sunday. Anne did Thursday. If the Wessexes are Friday then it's probably Andrew on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry are Sunday. Anne did Thursday. If the Wessexes are Friday then it's probably Andrew on Saturday.

I know that Roya Nikkhah wrote on twitter that William, Kate and Harry will be joining the Queen and Philip on Sunday, but I didn't know about Charles and Camilla, and where have you seen that?

I always use to know such things, but I haven't had the time to check twitter that much lately either.

British Royals's Twitter feed. It doesn't make sense for WKH to attend the last day without C&C. That sends the wrong message out.

British Royals's Twitter feed. It doesn't make sense for WKH to attend the last day without C&C. That sends the wrong message out.

I don't understand - what message? I figured all of the family would attend at least one day based on their own calendars. Similar to the garden parties and Ascot. If C&C have commitments on Sunday then they should not be expected to attend nor should that influence others attendance

If Charles and Camilla didn't attend with the Queen but WKH did, it could be seen as a lack of confidence in Charles as King by some people. Charles is one at the diamond jubilee leading the cheer for the Queen onstage at the concert, he is out with the Queen at Windsor to light the birthday beacon last month. So if he wasn't with the Queen on Sunday, it would be strange.

This special tribute horse show for the Queen's 90th was announced a year ago so it was in the works for longer so the schedules of the key royals would have been penciled in for this event. Just like William would not be on Air Ambulance duty for the 3 days in June for the Queen's official birthday events.

28-minute video:
The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations: A weekend preview - our special programme from Windsor in full | Meridian - ITV News
The Queen's 90th birthday celebrations: A weekend preview - our special programme from Windsor in full

This weekend marks a very special public celebration of Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth's ninetieth birthday.

The events and shows at Windsor include more than 1,500 performers from across the globe, hundreds of horses and more than 25,000 spectators.

ITV Meridian's Sangeeta Bhabra and Simon Parkin presented the live programme from the grounds of Windsor Castle, speaking to many of the people taking part both in front of, and behind the scenes. Join us in a celebration of the 90th birthday of Her Majesty the Queen.

The Queen and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, will attend the final night of celebrations on Sunday. There will be live coverage of the star-studded event in a programme hosted by Ant & Dec, on ITV from 8.35pm on the evening of Sunday 15th May.

:previous: The weather for the weekend looks grey, but dry! :flowers:

The Queen's 90th birthday: Rare images of Her Majesty released ahead of star-studded show at Windsor Castle - Mirror Online

Rare images show the young Queen going swimming | Daily Mail Online
Rare images of the Queen have been released ahead of a star-studded show in the grounds of Windsor Castle, which will be televised on Sunday as part of her 90th birthday celebrations.

One of the images from archive footage shows a young Princess Elizabeth ready to go for a swim with her father.

With her arms outstretched and a beaming smile, the then Princes Elizabeth stands alongside King George VI on the edge of an outdoor swimming pool, ready to take a dip.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016...d_as_celebrations_to_m-a-94_1463150367494.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/13/15/341EF04900000578-3589056-image-m-97_1463151095896.jpg

If Charles and Camilla didn't attend with the Queen but WKH did, it could be seen as a lack of confidence in Charles as King by some people. Charles is one at the diamond jubilee leading the cheer for the Queen onstage at the concert, he is out with the Queen at Windsor to light the birthday beacon last month. So if he wasn't with the Queen on Sunday, it would be strange.

This special tribute horse show for the Queen's 90th was announced a year ago so it was in the works for longer so the schedules of the key royals would have been penciled in for this event. Just like William would not be on Air Ambulance duty for the 3 days in June for the Queen's official birthday events.

I didn't realize it was such a big deal - I'm sure C&C will be there.

'spectacular evening' in store for queen's birthday show | Daily Mail Online

Article by Robert Hardman:
The Queen's birthday to be celebrated by Ant and Dec with 1,000 horses in TV tribute | Daily Mail Online
After a week like this, is it any wonder that the Queen might prefer the company of horses?

One minute she is chatting with the Prime Minister and the Archbishop of Canterbury and the next she is embroiled in a diplomatic storm, courtesy of David Cameron’s comments about Nigeria.

A few hours later, she is at a garden party on her own back lawn when a private conversation about last year’s Chinese state visit morphs into another bust-up.

A few hours later, she is at a garden party on her own back lawn when a private conversation about last year’s Chinese state visit morphs into another bust-up.
Though these two episodes show that our longest-lived, longest-reigning Queen remains pin-sharp when it comes to affairs of state, she will surely be left wondering whether she can safely discuss anything with anyone at all these days.

No such problems with her equine companions, though. They have never let her down and never will.

And that is why she will be thrilled to escape the recent rows and immerse herself in a fixture which has been a firm favourite since she was a child — this weekend’s Royal Windsor Horse Show.

This year’s event is a particularly special one as it concludes with arguably the most ambitious equestrian spectacular ever staged in this country — a two-hour show called The Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebration.

Tomorrow evening, nearly 1,000 horses and 1,500 humans will perform in front of the Queen, her entire family and a packed stadium while the nation watches live on ITV.

The idea is to tell the story of the Queen’s life with horses — from childhood, through the war years, marriage and Coronation and on through her 64-year reign.

The Queen at 90: New picture of a beaming Princess Elizabeth with her sister Princess Margaret and father George VI | UK | News | London Evening Standard
Sitting with her sister and her father, here is another previously unseen glimpse of The Queen as a little girl enjoying family life.

The picture, in which she beams at the camera as Princess Margaret and George VI hold the family Corgis, was released by Her Majesty this morning and is a still from rare archive footage that will feature in The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration.

Rare photo of Queen released ahead of 90th birthday celebration show
A rare image of the Queen has been released as part of the celebrations to mark the monarch’s 90th birthday.

The photo, seen publicly for the first time, shows a young, smiling, Princess Elizabeth with her sister and their father.

Princess Margaret and George VI are each holding one of the Queen's beloved corgis.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...a3kyVuyYPSY0uDKmeq-e4Pl9cLURLdJcxhf1OO82U.jpg

Last edited:
^^

That is a precious picture.

I know that Roya Nikkhah wrote on twitter that William, Kate and Harry will be joining the Queen and Philip on Sunday, but I didn't know about Charles and Camilla, and where have you seen that?

The website I visited only listed the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and The Duchess of Cornwall as attending on Sunday.

ETA: Here's another that lists the senior 4 people in the BRF but states and other family members.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/queen-elizabeth-birthday-celebration-musical-ride-tenors-1.3581036

Last edited:
An interesting story with a Camilla connection to the Scottish State Coach.

The coach was built in 1830 for Prince Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge and his family used it for many years until they sold it to William Keppel, 7th Earl of Albemarle, who converted it into a semi-State landau. In 1920, the Keppel family returned the coach to the Royal Family by presenting it as a gift to Queen Mary.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration with The Earl & Countess of Wessex

It also states:
The Queen will be hosted by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke and The Duchess of Cambridge with Prince Harry will also be present.

Seems like the royals will be arriving by coaches.

It's already been announced that the Cambridge's and Harry will be in attendance.

The Queen's televised 90th birthday celebrations to see Kinvara Garner play young Elizabeth | Daily Mail Online
It is the dream of every young girl to be a princess for a day. And for 13-year-old Kinvara Garner, that dream is becoming a reality, as she is playing the Queen as a youngster tonight – in front of Her Majesty, and live on TV.

The horse-mad teenager was picked to take part in the Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration, playing the young Princess Elizabeth in a scene showing the future Monarch learning to ride.

Kinvara has been the centre of attention in the star-studded extravaganza at Windsor Castle over the past week, but tonight's show and its special guest means added pressure. She has even been practising her royal wave, as she will have to wave to Her Majesty.

The sources also revealed plans for Prince Edward and Princess Anne to make a surprise appearance in the show, which the Queen will watch with the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry.

Last edited:
No mention of Andrew or have I missed it which is possible

Back
Top Bottom