60th Anniversary of the Queen's Coronation: June 4, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Crown1.jpg

60th Anniversary of the Queen's Coronation
June 4, 2013

Coronation.jpg

60th Anniversary of Queen's Coronation - June 4, 2013

Announcement of events to mark the 60th anniversary of the Coronation:
The 60th anniversary of The Queen’s Coronation in June 2013 will be marked with a service of celebration at Westminster Abbey.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, and other Members of the Royal Family will attend a Service to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation Service on Tuesday 4 June at 11am-

Announcement of events to mark the 60th anniversary of the Coronation

http://www.westminster-abbey.org/pr...-marks-the-60th-anniversary-of-the-coronation

Last edited:
Following that there will also be a special lunch, either at Windsor or BP I expect. Do hope there's some foreign royal contingent invited.

Following that there will also be a special lunch, either at Windsor or BP I expect. Do hope there's some foreign royal contingent invited.

I wonder how many of the foreign royals who actually attended the coronation in 53 are still alive?

I wonder how many of the foreign royals who actually attended the coronation in 53 are still alive?

Emperor Akihito and his wife, it was mentioned last year during Jubilee celebrations.

A lot of foreign royals attended Golden Jubilee celebrations but did they attend the coronation service?

Announcement of events to mark the 60th anniversary of the Coronation:
The 60th anniversary of The Queen’s Coronation in June 2013 will be marked with a service of celebration at Westminster Abbey.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, and other Members of the Royal Family will attend a Service to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation Service on Tuesday 4 June at 11am-

Announcement of events to mark the 60th anniversary of the Coronation

Westminster Abbey marks the 60th anniversary of the Coronation - Westminster Abbey

I do hope this is a memorable occasion with all the pomp and circumstance that the Queen deserves. One thing for certain though, if things are true to form, it will put a trend forward on maternity wear. ;)

This is a truly amazing find! London Gazette has what seems to be an official program of the coronation; http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/40020/supplements/6223

Guest who are still alive;
1. King Albert of Belgium who represented the then King Baudoin,
2. Emperor Akihito who was the then Crown Prince.
3. Grand Duke Jean who represented his mother.

That's it.

Last edited:
Hmmm, for some reason I thought Astrid of Norway, still alive today, accompanied her parents to the coronation.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fascinating read. I forget that Prince Michael of Kent was at the Coronation as I always think of him being quite young, when really he isn't much older than Charles is he?

I cannot WAIT for Charles' coronation. I cannot wait to see the order of service and all the pomp and pageantry.

I greatly admire Her Majesty's service for 61 years.

:britflag: :queenelizabeth:

Thanks for the link, those videos are so lovely and fascinating. I always forget how small and young Charles and Anne were when their other became Queen.

Celebration of Queens Accession

Please note that this thread will be opened as we get closer to the actual event.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what time the church service starts today and when thef smily will be arriving? Will they be arriving by carriage or cars?

Does anyone know what time the church service starts today and when thef smily will be arriving? Will they be arriving by carriage or cars?

From what I've read, the coverage on BBC1 starts at 10 am UK time with the service at 11.

Video:
Celebrating the Queen's 60th Anniversary:
CNN's Max Foster talks with the grandson of Queen Elizabeth (Peter Phillips) on the 60th anniversary of her coronation-
CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

wabbey Westminster Abbey 9m
St Edward’s Crown being placed on the High Altar for the first time since the Coronation in 1953
#coronation60th
pic.twitter.com/k3VF5vo9ty

vSt Edward’s Crown
Thumbnail image forms a cropped portion of a much larger photograph.

Attachments

• Crown.jpg
    Crown.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 374
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to whoever has opened this thread!

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 9m
St Edward’s Crown being placed on the High Altar for the first time since the Coronation in 1953 via @wabbey
https://twitter.com/wabbey/status/341826308600381440/photo/1

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 34m
Video; My chat with the Queen's grandson, Peter Philips, about her coronation service today: CNN Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Order of Service via WAbbey - http://static.westminster-abbey.org...4953-60th-Coronation-service-WEB-FRIENDLY.pdf

SkyNews Channel began their coverage at 7am, BBC News starts their coverage on BBC1 at 10am and the Service starts at 11am. Guests have begun arriving I believe.

Westminster Abbey ‏@wabbey 47m
The Ampulla & St Edwards Crown arrive from the Tower of London for today's service
https://twitter.com/wabbey/status/341820215941791744/photo/1

Last edited:
I really hope to see pictures soon...I'm about to leave home and I won't return soon, so I'll miss everything of it. But I still want to see some pictures at least before I leave.

I'm watching SkyNews Channel Live but no coverage of the service yet.

I really hope to see pictures soon...I'm about to leave home and I won't return soon, so I'll miss everything of it. But I still want to see some pictures at least before I leave.

If the service is supposed to start at 11am, I can't imagine The Royal Family arriving much before 10:30am.

As soon as the show starts on BBC1 i'll screen shot picures for people.

Reuters Live Stream - http://reuters.livestation.com/demo

Last edited:
BBC Coverage just started - St Edwards Crown.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Prince Henry are due to arrive at 10:30am.

Attachments

• QE2.jpg
    QE2.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
Gosh, I am not a fan of Sophie Raworth! Bring back Jenny Bond and Huw Edwards!

I love Westminster Abbey, it's such a beautiful building. I can't wait to see the Royals and The Queen. :D

Nice little interview with Peter as well. He is such a nice guy.

I would love to be inside Buckingham Palace now as I can imagine the whole family are all just congregating inside, waiting to leave in order and just generally chatting. :D

Choirsters had ham sandwiches and barley sugars inside their robes to keep them going for the entire day, most of them ate their food supply with in a matter of minutes.

Looks like a beautiful morning in London,big change from the Coronation Day in 1953!

They've got actresses reading poems in todays service, I don't like it.

Claire Skinner is reading The Crown by Carol Ann Duffy hot off the press for this anniversary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom