Queen Cristina!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

Sheba

I would love for Infanta Cristina to succeed Juan Carlos, she and Inaki would do a much better job for Spain than Felipe and Letizia in my opinion. Hmmm, Queen Cristina and King Inaki, sounds good to me! It is also my opinion, from what I've read that Letizia will drag the Spanish Royal Family down into the gutter. I am a royal fan who is not impressed with recent developments in regards to Letizia!!!

Infanta Cristina for Queen!!! Who's with me! We'll write a letter or something.

Sheba

Inaki won't have the title of King. If Christina ever comes to the throne, she will be Queen but her husband will be Prince Consort.

It is my opinion that Felipe made a poor choice in Letizia. I believe she is unsuitable for many reasons: Shady divorce, promiscuous past, trying to hard to be seen as Noble or Aristocratic (which she isn't, she'd get more points by just being herself, imo), possibly modelled for the topless painting from Mexico, and so on. I just don't like her and believe we'll see more scandal from this woman in the future. There are quite a few posts on this and other royal forums on the Letizia subject for more in depth info than I have put here. Just sharing my opinion. Although I know it won't happen, Cristina would make an excellent Queen.

Sheba B)

Thanks Pegassuss, I didn't know that. Is it because Inaki isn't royal?

Sheba B)

Hmmm.. and Felipe did not have a promiscuos past? For goodness sake she was married, big deal. She's had lovers. She's 31 years old. Do we really expect a 31 year old virgen?

Inaki, like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's husband, would not be given the title of King if (when in Victoria's case) Cristina became Queen because the title King implies superiority. And in Cristina's case, because she is the partner born of royal blood, would be the "superior" one.

Presently, this is the case for the husbands of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain, with their husbands as Princes and lesser widely referred to as Queen consort -- though technically that's what they are.

In countries where there is a King (eg. Sweden, Norway, Spain) this title connotes (automatic?) superiority, so even though their wives have the titles of Queen (or Queen consort) it is still clear that it is their husbands who are of "superior" or noble birth.

I hope this all made sense!

Thank you Alexandria, your explanation made perfect sense and I think I understand now. :flower:

ennyllorac, we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. Till then I propose we agree to disagree. ;)

Sheba B)

Sounds like a plan Sheba... I hope you don't think I was personally attacking you.

In fact Christina and Felipe are very much alike towards love and marriage. Both of them insisted on marrying for love. I'm pretty sure that Inaki, a professional handball player, was King's choice for his son-in-law at that time.
Being a Spanish king is one tough job. Felipe has been working his butt off the last few years and he didn't get more recognitions in his country (he did get more international recognitions) compared to some other hardly working crown princes in their countries (I guess there are different standards). Felipe is more suitable for the job than both of his sisters (I would put Christina over Elena though) regardless who the woman he chose to be his wife. There get to be reasons why the King are strongly against first-born succession and is said to be in favor of the male heir to the throne.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:08 pm
Inaki, like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden's husband, would not be given the title of King if (when in Victoria's case) Cristina became Queen because the title King implies superiority. And in Cristina's case, because she is the partner born of royal blood, would be the "superior" one.

Presently, this is the case for the husbands of Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Queen Elizabeth II of Great Britain, with their husbands as Princes and lesser widely referred to as Queen consort -- though technically that's what they are.

In countries where there is a King (eg. Sweden, Norway, Spain) this title connotes (automatic?) superiority, so even though their wives have the titles of Queen (or Queen consort) it is still clear that it is their husbands who are of "superior" or noble birth.

I hope this all made sense!
Actually, unlike their other European counterparts, the Iberian countries have a history of granting the title of King Consort. I don't know if that would be the case under a Queen Regnant today though.

In any event, Elena is the older sister so she would come before Christina. I gather you already know that though.

Sean

I predict that Letizia will prove all her detratctors wrong. She is intelligent, strong and hard working and doesn't strike me as a woman inclined to fail at what she sets her mind too. Personally, I respect Felipe more now than before because it says a lot about the kind of man he is that he would wish first and foremost for a strong and intelligent partner. I also particulalry appreciate the absence of false double standards, ala Charles and Diana.

A lot of people on some of these various boards you mention are very ill-willed and seem to wish her to fail, which is hardly a charitable or noble sentiment. I never muched cared for MM in Norway. but I would never wish her to fail, quite the contrary. Same with Mary.

And let's not spread false rumors. That artist went on Spanish television last night ad said that Letizia NEVER posed nude for him, he only had photos of her face and the rest was all his own imagination. End of story.

Cristina is very simpatica, but neither she nor her sister have been trained and educated in the manner that Felipe has. He is universally acknowledged to be the most prepared crown prince in Europe.

Thank you lucys, I think you're right. I don't understand why so many people are against Letizia and Mary. I really don't believe these crown princes would let down their people by choosing someone that was less than capable of doing their role.
Both Felipe and Frederik have been very well trained and educated and should have no trouble helping their princesses accustom themselves to their role.
We need to remember that by their wedding day these girls will have had many "princess classes" and should know how to handle themselves. And they will learn as they go. Just look as Alexandra, Mathilde, Mette-Marit, Maxima, Rania....

Cristina would make an exellent queen and Iñaki a good looking king and Juanito a precious Crown prince, Pablo and Miguel a precious infantes

Originally posted by meac@Jan 21st, 2004 - 6:54 pm
Cristina would make an exellent queen and Iñaki a good looking  king and  Juanito a precious Crown prince, Pablo and Miguel a precious  infantes
I don't think Spain is ready for a female monarch just one generation after the restoration of the monarchy. (Yes, I know there have been female monarchs in the past. But read ahead). Juan Carlos is very popular personally ("Juan Carloism"), but whether the monarchy as an institution can survive him is more questionable. Indeed, historically the institution has been very tumultuous. Moerover, not only is it still a rather conservative society (although not as much as it was a decade or two ago), but it is also a country with divisions. Anyway, this is one of the alleged reasons why the King and Queen have given approval for the Letitizia - Felipe marriage. They did not want him to renounce his rights in favour of his sister, Elena, and her prosterity. I guess they didn't want to gamble on whether the monarchy as a reinstated institution could absorb such a shock. Particularly since the Prince is popular and since the instiution is supposed to represent stability, unity, and continuity.

S

Originally posted by Sheba@Jan 20th, 2004 - 6:19 pm
It is my opinion that Felipe made a poor choice in Letizia. I believe she is unsuitable for many reasons: Shady divorce, promiscuous past, trying to hard to be seen as Noble or Aristocratic (which she isn't, she'd get more points by just being herself, imo), possibly modelled for the topless painting from Mexico, and so on. I just don't like her and believe we'll see more scandal from this woman in the future. There are quite a few posts on this and other royal forums on the Letizia subject for more in depth info than I have put here. Just sharing my opinion. Although I know it won't happen, Cristina would make an excellent Queen.

Sheba B)
:blink: yeah, i agree with u. Even my maid is better than her cuz at least she is single

Sheba said:

Sheba B)

do you think it would have been a better choice if he had chosen the norwegian model? She didn't speak spanish, was too young, she was a model.... I think Letizia is a better choice in that sense... she has a great cultural background thanks to her degree in journalism and she is much more acquainted and familiarised with spanish people and Spanish background than the other one... in Spain, we were delighted when they said he was marrying a spanish woman and not a foreigner

Sheba said:
It is my opinion that Felipe made a poor choice in Letizia. I believe she is unsuitable for many reasons: Shady divorce, promiscuous past, trying to hard to be seen as Noble or Aristocratic (which she isn't, she'd get more points by just being herself
1.Letizia is the modoest and the most down to earth princess I've ever seen,what do you mean that she's been trying so hard to be seen as noble or aristocratic???she's married the crown prince and is a member of the royal family now,a higher position than an aristocrat or some1 from a nobel family.
2.what do you mean by shady divorce???
Letizia was the perfect choice for Felipe,she's educated,been raised up in an educated family,has worked best in her job,has a strong personality,isnt superficial,is very hardworking...what else do you want in a woman to be the right choice for a crown prince?

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
1.Letizia is the modoest and the most down to earth princess I've ever seen,what do you mean that she's been trying so hard to be seen as noble or aristocratic???she's married the crown prince and is a member of the royal family now,a higher position than an aristocrat or some1 from a nobel family.
2.what do you mean by shady divorce???

I don't get it, why don't you try to look at the more positive attributes of Letizia, she's a smart, intelligent and independant woman. I think that it was fantastic for her to give up such a promising career in order to marry Felipe. (Don't try to call that social climbing, because we all know that Letizia would have gotten somehwere on her own, even without marrying Felipe).
What exactly is meant by a shady divorce? What makes you think it's shady, of course we know that she's divorced, but maybe her past is just something thatshe isn't willing to share, or maybe there just isn't anything to share, except for the fact that she got married for the first time when she was younger and decided that it wasn't the right thing for her then. Just because she doesn't talk a whole lot about her life before Felipe, doesn't mean that she's got something to hide. Do you see crown princesses of other countries rambling and telling the public about their former lovers? I don't think so.
I think that Felipe chose well, what did you expect? for him to marry that Norweigian model? If I was Spanish, I certainly wouldn't want half the world to have seen my future queen in her underwear. I believe that Felipe chose someone who he could envision spending the rest of his life with, he also chose someone who was beautiful, intellectual, caring and most of all, a Spanish queen for the Spanish people.

Princess cristina and her husband inaki are great, the would be very good as queen und prince but that won´t happen because elena comes first... Moreover I think they are soo happy as a family because the aren´t in the front row of die Spanish royal house.;)

I´d be biased here, because I do like very much Infanta Cristina and her family, a sentiment I don´t feel for Letizia. I am not Spanish, but I have read a lot of comments in sites and blogs of people who dislike intensely Letizia and explain why they feel that way.
Yes, I think Cristina would be a wonderful Queen, so would Elena!!!!

Inaki won't have the title of King. If Christina ever comes to the throne, she will be Queen but her husband will be Prince Consort.

That's according to the current laws. In Spain, husbands of queens regnant have always been kings consort. Isabel II's husband was a king. Changing that tradition to suit other European monarchy's protocol was a bad idea, in my opinion. Queen Cristina and King Inaki sounds so much better and so much more natural than Queen Cristina and Prince Inaki :)

Like it or not, Letizia will be the next Queen of Spain. And even if Felipe (for some reason I don`t want to imagine) couldn`t become king, Leonor would be queen. There is no possibility of Cristina or Elena on the throne. And I don`t think they would do a better job than Felipe and Letizia.

I do love Infanta Christina, but I don't think Felipe made a bad choice in choosing Letizia and I think the family will make a wonderful future monarchy.

Anyway for Infanta Christina to be Queen, she has to bypass 6 people.

Felipe and Letizia

To me Felipe and Letizia are a young royal couple that represent what modern Spain is today. I admire Letizia for being educated, strong and intelligent woman. I think her only flaw is how thin she is and that is a physical problem she has to overcome. Elena and Cristina are Infantas of Spain, neither one of them are suited for ruling. I do not think they are articulate or strong enough to lead a country. Both Infantas work ocassioanally in their royal duties. Elena is much more involved, but what does Cristina do as an Infanta of Spain? Her duties are few. Cristina is skiing with her children, going to the beach or riding her bike? I do not see her as leading by example in times of economic crisis. To me Cristina and Iñaki are a handsome couple with an adorable family.
In regards to Letizia's past, it is HER LIFE. Letizia has always been described by her former teachers as independent bright and hard working. That is the type of woman that should be REINA DE ESPANA/QUEEN OF SPAIN. ¡VIVAN LETIZIA Y FELIPE, FUTUROS REYES DE ESPANA!

!:king::queen::spainflag2:

She ranked the lowest, but grabbed the grandest tiara LOL :cool:. Quite an attention seeking behavior. She is not as well prepared as her brother to be the head of state of Spain. I'm sure she can make a good queen consort, wonder if she regrets that she hadn't married Phillipe of Belgium who was very interested before.

Letizia is a very hardworking princess. Her duties pale in comparison to any other crown princess. She has really devoted herself to serving Spain. She appears to be a very loving wife and mother. I know some don't like Letizia but I feel that they are jealous because she is a strong and competent woman. I think the thing that hurts the SRF is the apparent ill will between Letizia and the Infantas.

I for one avoid stating that Infanta Elena and Infanta Christina will not be able to be an effective Queen Regnant. We do not know what kind of Queens they would have made because it will never happen. Yes, they might be not prepared as Crown Prince Felipe is because they knew that their brother is the Heir Presumptive and his wife will be the next Queen. Thus, both Infantas step back. Thus, I find all assertions about Infantas not devoting enough time to Spain groundless.
When it comes to Infanta Christina, she is the least likely to inherit the throne.

:winkiss:

Yeap. But you have to pick a better picture because in this one she looks terrible.:D
I genuinly like Christina but this choice of tiara was wrong. All the wedding I had the impression that tiara worn her not otherwise.:confused:
About the King/Queen thing, my two cents: Felipe will be a better King than Cristina and definitively, definitively, Queen Consort Letizia will be better than King Consort (or whatever) Inaki. :winkiss:
IMO of course:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom