Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel & Irene Urdangarín, News 2: June 2007 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irene has characteristics of his three brothers, is a very beautiful girl

well sis, I think she looks more like Juan and Miguel, since Pablo is almost 100% Borbon, while his three siblings are more Urdangarin:wub:

Anyway, these kids got the perfect genetic mix, they are so gorgeous:wub:

Well adelaide, let me tell you something from experience: I learned to speak three languages almost at the same time, one was my father's native, other was my mother's native and other was the one of the country I was born in, the same thing has happened to my children, they learnt their father's language, mine (native, where I was born and raised) and English since they were born here, they also go to a bilingual school and now have (they are 7, more or less Juan and Pablo's age) a basic understanding of that fourth language;)

There's no need to be a genius to learn several languages at once, it all depends on the environment, the travelling, the living and the schooling;)

acdc1, i guess they have (obviously) mastered both castilian and catalan, since they are more or less their native languages, in Iñaki's house they are spoken in Euskera, so I guess they must at least understand and maybe speak something on that and for the English and French, they are taught that at school, Juan's been in the French school for more or less 3 years, so I guess he has a good understanding of the language; it's been said (even if i cannot assure it completely) that Queen Sofia usually talks in english with them as well, so I guess that must influence something;)

I was wondering about the English, because in the photoshoot this year in Mallorca, Queen Sofia was kind of leading one of the older kids (I think Juan or Pablo, but maybe one of the Lugos) and I thought I might have heard her say something like "Right here" or "Stop here", but it was very hard to hear because of the cameras.

I think so, I recall that it was very, very hard to hear, because of commentators, cameras flashing, etc., but if you listened it was there.

How do you pronounce Irene in Spanish?
'Irena' ?

[E]-[r]-[en]d-[e]nd

Pronounce you the vocals like its pronunciation into de word.:flowers:

Many thanks for the information.
Do you know if this name is very used or just used in Spain?
In France is quite an old fashion name,today isn't very frequent to name a little girl like that.

[E]-[r]-[en]d-[e]nd

Pronounce you the vocals like its pronunciation into de word.:flowers:

to make it easier:
ee-reh-neh

The sound of the 'I' is a short sound.

Many thanks for the information.
Do you know if this name is very used or just used in Spain?
In France is quite an old fashion name,today isn't very frequent to name a little girl like that.

I think it's quite a popular name all over the world. Irene is also widely used here in our country, but we pronounce it the American way [as in "eye-reen"].

Here in the UK we pronounce it Eye-reen and it is quite old fashioned. I don't like it personally when pronounced like that however I love it the Spanish pronounciation. It sounds lovely

When you see at the Urdangarin's children, you can see that its Pablo who is taking care the most of his little sister. He is very, vey tender with her, paying attention to her, very, very kind pictures.

Thanks giov for the pics

Irene looked so cute running around the beach in her little swimsuit:wub:

Here in the UK we pronounce it Eye-reen and it is quite old fashioned. I don't like it personally when pronounced like that however I love it the Spanish pronounciation. It sounds lovely

I agree on the name, at first I didn't like because of the way it is pronounced in the US but seeing how it is said in Spanish, I love it. It sound so much prettier and no so old lady, sorry no offense meant, it struck me as a name my great aunt would have, especally for such a beautiful little girl.Now I change my mind. LOL:flowers:

All the Undagarin children are gorgeous. Each one seems to have his ow or her own style. I´ve followed their births and growth and admire this family greatly.
Carminha

Photos of Undagarin kids in 2007

I´d love to see some photos of the Undagarin children taken this year. They are precious.:flowers:

Do these kids go to a public school or private school? And what is school like in Spain (i.e. grades, ages, years you have to attend, etc.)

all of them go to a private school, the boys go to the French School and Irene goes to a nursery school called Carles Riba :flowers:

:previous: that was the photo the family used for their 2007 Christmas card. ;)

thanks for the link. i can't believe it, but Irene looks so grown up now!

Irene has grown up a lot. I think that she looks like Juan and Miguel.

How old is she now? 3 or 4?

Irene Urdangarin, the youngest daughter of Princess Cristina in Barcelona.

PPE Agency

Infanta Cristina looks smart in that outfit...and of course i'm having another cuteness overload at Irene's pics. feliz cumpleaños niña bonita! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom