Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel & Irene Urdangarín, News 2: June 2007 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love these four kids, they're some of my favorite royals! And it's so funny, because I had never heard of them before TRF. Juan is so tall even now, I can't wait to see him when he stops growing; Pablo is so handsome, all the boys are, but Pablo has something extra special, I think it's his eyes; Miguel is such a cute little punk, he's going to be so handsome someday too, just like all of his brothers; Irene is a pretty little girl, she has great eyes too, and her mouth is cute, heart-shaped, but she hides it behind that pacifier all the time. The dummy is still cute, but she should be thinking about giving it up soon. The entire Spanish Royal family has just cute kids, all eight of them!

You are right this team are very, very sympathetic. It's very normal that the journalists don't focuse on the Dukes of Palm's kids so than they did with Leonor an Sofia for obvious reasons but it's don't say that they are less handsome, clever or so on.

That I appreciate a lot is that all the dukes of Palm put ahead all the different charastics of each of theirs boys in particularly by they hairdo - Every body knows family where all the boys have the same, for example, military hairdo, if you know what I mean... -
Even if Juan is very tall for his age, is looking yet great baby; Pablo Nicolas as the most perfect face of the team, yet adult, I think too is the most beautiful intrinsicly speaking - up to know - handsome of this three kids. The baby one, Miguel who have estupendous blue eyes and tall is yet a true baby growing with - in this time - the head more important for the body - yet very taller for his age - but he is very young.

Baby Irene is absolutly a very beautiful little baby girl, I'm not sure it's a good solution to give her a pacifier at each time she is in bad mood because, as every knows, with this habit she can begin capricious and as she is the single baby girl of this beautiful family, they indulge her every whim, too bad for this little baby doll:angel:

( sorry quiet one month whithout practice english, and my writting is worst than usual, it's for that I'm doing corrections- Thanks for your kindness )

Last edited:
If I'm sure that Irene is a daddy's girl, your pic is very convincing, dear Crisañaki, I'm not sure that the word "adore" is the good one to qualify the way in wich, at least her grandfathers like her.

More, it's absolutly certain that the boys trio is totally under the charm of this little baby girl - for example, Ihave in my memory a video of Esatern of this year at Palma where you see the Baby Irene runing in the arms of Pablo!! Too, too kind.

But I think that all the Grandfathers of Irene, the Kings and the Iñaki's fathers who have a lot of grandchildren can't "adore" one whithout "adore" all the others. Your pic with Juan Carlos doing a little caress on the the Irene cheek during the hollidays of Eastern 2006 at Palma is the same type of scene of the King putting kindly away the pacifier of Infanta Sofia during the photosession of this year. Would you say, in the same way that the king "adore " the Infanta Sofia ?

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

( Curtesy of 20 Minutes )

Last edited:
if you would have taken the time to read my post carefully, you would have understood what I said: I said that everybody SPOILS her but the one who adores her is her Father, I wasn't implying adoration from anybody else:rolleyes:

"specially Her dad who ADORES her" referring to only one person, he (her father);)

Irene's father must be so happy to have a little girl after all of those boys! It must be fun for Cristina to dress her, it's more fun to dress little girls than it is little boys. (My mom is the mother of two boys and has often said that she enjoys shopping for girls than boys, there's more variety.)

if you would have taken the time to read my post carefully, you would have understood what I said: I said that everybody SPOILS her but the one who adores her is her Father, I wasn't implying adoration from anybody else:rolleyes:

"specially Her dad who ADORES her" referring to only one person, he (her father);)

You are totally right I don't take the time to read your post, I apologize.
:angel:

You are totally right I don't take the time to read your post, I apologize.
:angel:

No problem:D

acdc1 said:
Irene's father must be so happy to have a little girl after all of those boys! It must be fun for Cristina to dress her, it's more fun to dress little girls than it is little boys. (My mom is the mother of two boys and has often said that she enjoys shopping for girls than boys, there's more variety.)

Yeah, 'cuz boys clothing is a lot alike in most brands, always shirts, t-shirts and trousers and/or shorts; while girls clothing has such huge variety (I have one of each so I know what I'm talking about:lol:): trousers, shorts, skirts, dresses, etc, etc, etc

The Urdangarin boys use a lot of clothing from GAP, Lacoste, Armani and Marie Chantal, Irene I'm not so sure, but I've seen her wearing MarieChantal dresses and some Armani clothing:rolleyes:

Juan's shirt at the photoshoot looks remarkably like this Armani one:

http://www.raffaello-network.com/item_images/armjun-b4c301p-azzt.jpg

(Lecturas, rafaello-network.com)

Last edited:
Thanks sis for the information

Didn't Miguel have the same "Don't worry, be Hopi" shirt that the dark-haired little boy is wearing in the first picture?

yes, he had one like that (maybe the little boy borrowed it?:ermm:)

I love the four Urdangarin, but somehow Pablo is my fav one, I think he's so sweet and well-mannered:wub: (perfect son-in-law material:lol:)
It is hard to say which Urdangarin child is the most gorgeous, but I think Pablo is going to be specially heartthrob material. I can see something very classic handsome and distinct in his features. As he grows, he will be more and more stunningly good-looking. I would not be surprised if he becomes quite the eligible bachelor type, like a JFK Jr.:wub: No, what am I saying? Like his father! :D
I agree with adelaide, it's time for Irene to let go of the pacifier, we don't want to see her like Victoria with her sock or Camille Gottlieb at the age of six with a pacifier, Miguel left the pacifier being slightly older than Irene is now, so I guess the time is coming for her as well;)
Well, now, slow down. :lol: Irene is not two years old yet. If she still has the pacifier at age three, we can start worrying, and she still has it age four we can begin to panic, hehe. :lol:

Palma, the sun, the sea, the sunglasses it's very often a sympthetic subject of pics of the Spain Royal Family.

I have found some old shots too, too kind about that whom the heroe is the very young Juan Valantin:

http://i18.tinypic.com/6h7krab.jpg

The story is not finish.....

( by courtesy of Getty )

May be the story is in the other sens, what do you think about that ? Too kind, isen't it ?

Last edited:
What languages do the kids speak? I'm assuming Spanish, but any others?

They speak English, Spanish and Catalan, I guess their father must have taught them some Euskera and since they go to the Lycee Français, i guess they speak a little French as well;)

They speak English, Spanish and Catalan, I guess their father must have taught them some Euskera and since they go to the Lycee Français, i guess they speak a little French as well;)

Are you sure that you dosen't forget any other languages, russian for example, because one of the grandmothers of one of the grandmothers of their grand mother was Grand Duchess of Russia :D and quid for the german because when their grandmother the Queen Sofia is very angry she is speaking german!!!!:D:lol:

Thanks adelaide, I knew I was forgetting something! They also speak swahili :rolleyes: :cool:

On a more serious matter, I've heard them being spoken to in both Catalan and Euskera, so I guess they have at least a basic understanding of both languages and since they go to a French school, I guess they have learnt at least something in that language

Thanks adelaide, I knew I was forgetting something! They also speak swahili :rolleyes: :cool:

On a more serious matter, I've heard them being spoken to in both Catalan and Euskera, so I guess they have at least a basic understanding of both languages and since they go to a French school, I guess they have learnt at least something in that language

Yes, but in this matter of foreign languages, you have to consider their age and I'm not sure that they are speaking english fluently first. For the french too, sure that in the french Lycee they are going to LEARN French.....

And for the Catalan and Euskera, vernacular languages I think it's a vew of spirit because this children have other else to learn for the moment that five languages in the same time: Spanish ( castillan ) because they have to be good, English, French; catalan and Euskera or may be they are genius!!! Who knows!:D They arn't the Pic de la Mirandole!!!

how fluent is their english?

Yes, but in this matter of foreign languages, you have to consider their age and I'm not sure that they are speaking english fluently first. For the french too, sure that in the french Lycee they are going to LEARN French.....

And for the Catalan and Euskera, vernacular languages I think it's a vew of spirit because this children have other else to learn for the moment that five languages in the same time: Spanish ( castillan ) because they have to be good, English, French; catalan and Euskera or may be they are genius!!! Who knows!:D They arn't the Pic de la Mirandole!!!

Well adelaide, let me tell you something from experience: I learned to speak three languages almost at the same time, one was my father's native, other was my mother's native and other was the one of the country I was born in, the same thing has happened to my children, they learnt their father's language, mine (native, where I was born and raised) and English since they were born here, they also go to a bilingual school and now have (they are 7, more or less Juan and Pablo's age) a basic understanding of that fourth language;)

There's no need to be a genius to learn several languages at once, it all depends on the environment, the travelling, the living and the schooling;)

acdc1, i guess they have (obviously) mastered both castilian and catalan, since they are more or less their native languages, in Iñaki's house they are spoken in Euskera, so I guess they must at least understand and maybe speak something on that and for the English and French, they are taught that at school, Juan's been in the French school for more or less 3 years, so I guess he has a good understanding of the language; it's been said (even if i cannot assure it completely) that Queen Sofia usually talks in english with them as well, so I guess that must influence something;)

Very intersting CV, dear Iñaki and awith your experience a we can consider that as the Dukes of Palm 's children live in a multilanguage atmosphere they are truely polyglot.
But as you know I think that Juan have to speak a little english ( surely with his Grandmother ) but by himself because he spent a begining of July a part of time in a camp in GB. It's ok. For the french, I think is not proved that he is fluent after three years of study, some french peoples aren't able to speak correctly even if they parctise all day long.
For the vernacular languages, your exemple isen't topic because it's only a supposition, but dosen't matter I don't want to make a discussion about facts that they aren't proved. The single thing that is certain is this children have the opportunity to be multilanguage practisers and they are learning to school at least English and French, it dosen't mean that they are speaking fluently.

To end I have the feeling taht when you have a native language difficult as the denmark one, it will be more easy and mainly more USEFUL for the communication to learn english for example.

Last edited:
well adelaide, for the catalan/castilian thing, it's almost a natural thing to learn both languages in Catalonia, I have a friend who has a 3 year-old kid and he already has a knowledge of both languages, it's all about the atmosphere, she speaks spanish at home with him, but at his nursery school, he "speaks" ('cuz at that age no one speaks perfectly yet any language, native or not) catalan with his mates and teacher;)

and for the french school, I didn't say Juan has mastered the language, but he must have a certain grasp of it right now after 3 years of studying, kids that age learn really fast, it's said that most of the things you can learn in life, are learnt before the age of 8:)

and about the danish language, well, it's easier for a danish speaker to learn english or german than learning let's say spanish or italian, it's easier to learn a language of the same group of your native language [Indo European Germanic branch (like german, danish, norwegian, dutch) or Indo European Romance branch (like spanish, french, italian) for example]

Now, to continue with the thread topic, a couple of more recent pics:

Miguel Slater:lol:
Don Juan de Urdangarin:D

and an oldie:
Juan Di Caprio, King of the World:lol:

(Reuters, Polfoto, Seeger)

They do go to a French school, but what do they mainly speak among each other, at home and with their parents? Is it Catalan, or sometimes Catalan and sometimes Spanish? I imagine it is very easy to switch between and mix French, Spanish, and Catalan, because these are Romance languages and Catalan is just like a hybrid of the first two, and once you know one, you can learn the others so easily. Maybe they are able to practice some English when they visit the Marichalar kids.

The Urdangarin kids are the cutest! They always seem to have fun with each other's company. I love it that they are also very close to their cousins Victoria and Froilan. Cute kids!!!

Pablo just melts my heart. He's such a handsome boy... (Deep in my heart I'm wishing that he and Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway will be a couple one day) :wub:

And Irene... bless her. She's so lovely :wub:

Everyone knows that Juan is tall, but Miguel's shooting up, too. IMO, he's gaining up on Pablo's height. I think that Juan and Miguel are going to be very, very tall, and Pablo is going to be probably of above average height, as I think both his parents are pretty tall, but I don't think he'll be as tall as his brothers.

Irene is going to be a stunning beauty someday, just like the rest of her cousins. She has beautiful eyes, she and Pablo do, and the prettiest heart-shaped mouth, something most girls would die to have. I can't wait until 15, 16 years from now when she starts dating, what her father and brothers do to all of those boys that date her.

Inaki seems like such a well-rounded, great dad. You can tell that he's a great boys' dad, that can play sports and get rough with his sons, but that he's also a stickler for his little girl, he can be gentle and sweet with her, and she has him wrapped around her finger. He's the kind of dad that I think any kid would ask for.

But how to choose only ONE of these four beauties? I think they are all beatiful, each in their way. This tendency of trying to discover who is the more "beatiful", "intelligent", "jolly", etc, etc as if life was a "Guiness" book, is not mine. The foor are beatiful sweeties. Besides, the littlest of the Urdangarins doesn't have they facial features totally formed. We must wait a little to judge...;)

Vanesa.

Iñaki is a very hands-down father, he likes to spend his time surrounded by kids, you always see him with his own, the kids of his brothers and sisters, the kids of his friends, cousins, etc:wub:

I just can imagine how hard would it be for Irene to date, her HUGE brothers and father are gonna make it difficult for boys to get to her:lol:

and for the juan/irene resemblance, they look alike, but the resemblance between Miguel and Irene is incredible

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb118/dagmarnat2/CRISTINA 5/enf_004512_0006.jpg

(Enfoque)

Irene looks like the chubbier younger female version of her bro Miguel :lol:

Last edited:
Irene has characteristics of his three brothers, is a very beautiful girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom