Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel & Irene Urdangarín, News 2: June 2007 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo does indeed look a lot like Juan Carlos. Nice to see that he's following in Inaki's sporting footsteps (hopefully not in his *other* footsteps!).

Pablo does indeed look a lot like Juan Carlos. Nice to see that he's following in Inaki's sporting footsteps (hopefully not in his *other* footsteps!).

Yes, indeed :flowers:

I assume he never had intentions to do so but seeing your father being locked up will hopefully/most likely deter any of their children from doing something comparable in the future.

I know that isn't the case for all children but these have everything else going for them, so they have lots of better alternatives than spending life in prison.

:previous: Nice to hear that Pablo is continuing his passion for handball. It's good to have something such as this for him to keep up and keep his mind off anything in the past/present that's affecting him.

This is a great news!!!!! Pablo Nicolás is also looking so handsome.

Pablo 1

Last edited:
Juan Valentín is in Portugal. The nephew of the King of Spain has gone unnoticed in the Portuguese capital, but now "Nova Gente" has discovered him. And photographed it.
The firstborn of the sister of the king of Spain has gone unnoticed in the Portuguese capital. While not returning to school in England, take the opportunity to walk.

https://www.novagente.pt/sites/defa...az-vida-em-lisboa.jpg?itok=tGKoDC6p&478749867
https://www.novagente.pt/exclusivo-mundial-filho-da-infanta-cristina-e-de-inaki-faz-vida-em-lisboa

Last edited:
Thank you Blog Real! This is a nice treat! I like seeing photos Infanta Cristina's children living the life they deserve.

Hard to believe but Don Juan Valentín Urdangarín will be 20 next month.

Nice to see Pablo at the match. He seems to be very passionate about handball. Good for him! ?

Yes the past few years can't have been easy for the Urdangarín children at all.

It is sad that he had to bear the burden of a convicted father who is still in jail and a mother who has been effectively banned from court. He and his siblings also don't seem to have any relationship now with the King and Queen or their daughters, even though they are close to their Marichalar cousins and to Queen Sofia.

Nevertheless, despite all those potential traumas, Juan Valentín looks like a well-rounded, fine young man who, unlike his cousin Froilán for example, keeps a low profile and stays out of trouble. He will soon finish his degree in the UK and will probably get a good job in the private sector and live a quiet, normal, private life.

In a way, it is a good thing that the restored Spanish monarchy limited membership of the Royal Family and stripped the monarch's grandchildren other than the children of the Prince or Princess of Asturias of the title of Infante/Infanta and the style of Royal Highness. Being a royal in Spain seems to be a heavier burden than in other more carefree, easygoing European monarchies.

Last edited:
Photos of Pablo Urdangarin in Barcelona, where he currently lives and studies.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...lona-pablo-urdangarin-estudios-barca_2792491/

I like occasionally hearing news about Cristina's children and I'm glad they seem to be doing well, but I'm not sure why Vanitatis needed to follow this young man around for a couple of days and publish so many photos and details about his daily life. Pablo and his siblings have no official role to play in Spain like Felipe's girls and they've never engaged in the sort of indiscreet behaviour occasionally seen with their Marichalar cousins. Right now they seem like polite young adults who want to live low key, albeit likely very privileged, lives.

I had no idea that he had moved from France where he was playing previously to Barcelona. It seems he's back to familiar grounds as this is the area he grew up in.

Nice to get a better insight; according to Vanitatis he is a bright student and passionate about the fate of the oceans (they might say that because he is studying Marine Sciences; and/or they know he was passionate, so it makes sense that he is studying Marine Sciences). In addition, he seems to be level-headed and sensible and apparently is funny.

They also state that he no longer has security (they stated that he lost it last year, so it seems related to him turning 18); of course, while he is in Geneva he will be covered by the security detail of his mother.

Last edited:
Nice to get a better insight; according to Vanitatis he is a bright student and passionate about the fate of the oceans (they might say that because he is studying Marine Sciences; and/or they know he was passionate, so it makes sense that he is studying Marine Sciences). In addition, he seems to be level-headed and sensible and apparently is funny.

They also state that he no longer has security (they stated that he lost it last year, so it seems related to him turning 18); of course, while he is in Geneva he will be covered by the security detail of his mother.

Did he have taxpayer-funded security in Switzerland or was it private security?

I found it strange that Infanta Cristina would have official security when she lives out of Spain and is no longer a member of the official Spanish Royal Family.

Did he have taxpayer-funded security in Switzerland or was it private security?

I found it strange that Infanta Cristina would have official security when she lives out of Spain and is no longer a member of the official Spanish Royal Family.

Sounds like state-funded security; which makes sense given that the Spanish royal family always had a very high level of security due to the threat ETA posed. Kidnapping or killing the sister of the king would still be considered a great 'trophy'; so if it is deemed necessary, I can see why they would take that route.

And it isn't that she herself chose to leave royal duties, she was forced to do so; nor is she courting the media to attract attention but lives a low-profile life as far as she is able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom