Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicolás, Miguel & Irene Urdangarín, News 2: June 2007 - Jan 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following the royals for a while, and it's amazing how much these three kids have grown! Juan is SO tall!!

I have followed with lots of interest , these children, since they were born. As a matter of fact, I still remember their own Mum when she was tiny. It´s amazing how fast time flies, how tall Juanito is already. A handsome, young man!

Two hours in a major metro hospital is quick service, espcially when it isn't something that is life threating. I have waited for as long as 6 hours in a smaller area then D.C. but I am so glad he is ok, all the children are going to break a lot of hearts when they get older. I am glad they are getting to experience a semi-normal life in the US.

it's nice to see that the kids are leading a normal, uninterrupted life despite all the scandal... it's not their fault what their parents have done.

Is there any news on where Doña Irene Urdangarín will make her First Holy Communion?

:previous: Upon hearing of Princess Leonor's communion I was also wondering about Irene's. I haven't seen any mentions in the media of a communion for Irene yet.

On the subject of Irene's communion, do you think she will have her communion in Spain or in Geneva?

I'd imagine Geneva as there would be a media circus if it was in Spain ,perhaps we might see Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena there.

:previous: That's true about the media. Though since Irene has been living in Spain for most of her life, I think it's not completely impossible for her communion to take place there. However, the family seem to live a rather private life (court cases aside) in Geneva, which would mean less of a chance of a swarm of paparazzi.

I can also imagine that Queen Sofia will attend as she seems to care a lot about her grandchildren, though judging from the photos I've seen of them together, she has a particularly close bond with Irene.

Last edited:
He's gotten so grown up looking I didn't recognize him in the group photo ;)

He does look quite grown up even compared to relatively recent pictures I saw from - I think - around the time of his last birthday. I find boys, in particular, can go from baby faced to not almost overnight.

I wouldn't have noticed him either! Good to see him doing some service; I wonder if this is out of inspiration of the military camp he attended for a few months in the USA (or did Sofia just offer to pay for him? I can't remember the full story now).

I wouldn't have noticed him either! Good to see him doing some service; I wonder if this is out of inspiration of the military camp he attended for a few months in the USA (or did Sofia just offer to pay for him? I can't remember the full story now).

It was Froilán who was in a military school in the USA

How could the press possibly mix up a boys' boarding school with a boys' military school?

:previous: Well if their reporting is like that of the Daily Fail then getting king and queen mixed up is very easy, a military school vs. a boarding school is probably a very confusing concept ;)

It was Froilán who was in a military school in the USA

You're right, I'd gotten the two mixed up. Thanks for noticing!

Juan celebrates his 19th Birthday today and begins University in England. He pass a year because he want to spent more time with his father.

"This Saturday, Juan Urdangarin, the first-born of Iñaki Urdangarin and Infanta Cristina, turns 19. He becomes a responsible young man who, due to the complicated family circumstances he has gone through since becoming a teenager, has had to mature faster than some of his friends. In addition to being an anniversary, King Felipe's nephew also begins a new stage. As Vanity Fair has learned exclusively, he will study at a university in England during this academic year.
A step that had been paralyzed after the entry into prison of his father, Iñaki Urdangarin, who is serving a sentence of five years and 10 months in prison for the Nóos case in Brieva prison (Ávila). In order to spend as much time as possible with his father before he was deprived of liberty, Juan, seventh in the line of succession to the Spanish crown, took a sabbatical year, in which he has given time to volunteer in Cambodia."

https://www.revistavanityfair.es/re...-y-empieza-la-universidad-en-inglaterra/33797

:previous: Interesting to hear that Juan is studying abroad. It's also nice to hear that he's volunteering in Cambodia - he'll gain a lot of experience and independence from volunteering, especially somewhere abroad.

Juan is likely truly fluent in Spanish, English and French and, if it’s true he’s starting school in the UK, will be completely at ease with Spanish, American and British cultural life, in addition to having friends and contacts from around the world from his time at the International School in Geneva.

I don’t mean to downplay the difficulties he’s gone through because of Inaki’s legal issues but one unintended consequence of the family’s moves will have been an unusually cosmopolitan and culturally sophisticated upbringing, at least for the elder two boys, even compared to similarly privileged children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom