Infanta Cristina's Work at Fundacion La Caixa

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
14 January 2004. Infanta Cristina went back to her work at the Fundacion La Caixa of Barcelona, after receiving the visit of Letizia Ortiz, the fiancee of her brother Felipe.

Attachments

• cristina_1.jpg
    cristina_1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 644
  • fundation.jpg
    fundation.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 605
Last edited by a moderator:
Cristina's work at Fundacion La Caixa

"14 January 2004. Infanta Cristina went back to her work at the Fundacion La Caixa of Barcelona, after receiving the visit of Letizia Ortiz, the fiancee of her brother Felipe".

I would just like to ask if what is the position of Infanta Cristina at the Fundacion La Caixa of Barcelona?

Originally posted by paulette@Jan 17th, 2004 - 11:54 am
I would just like to ask if what is the position of Infanta Cristina at the Fundacion La Caixa of Barcelona?
I think the Fundacion La Caixa is a cultural organization and Cristina organizes exhibits and co-ordinates programs or something to that effect. But my memory of reading this information is very vague. Maybe someone can shed further light on this.

In the meantime, I found these links on it, but in Spanish ...

La Caixa

El Mundo Profile

The Fundacio la Caixa is located in one of the most significant buildings of the city, which was formerly the Gran Hotel. The Fundacio la Caixa took over this modernist building in 1993 and has turned it into an architectural beauty and furthermore with a first class programme of cultural and art events.

Fundacion La Caixa
Plaza Weyler, 3
Palma de Mallorca, Baleares 07001

Is this far from Barcelona?

I think she is banker, she works in La Caixa, a Spanish Bank. But I don't know what is her paper inside La Caixa? I read something about foreign affairs, but I am not sure.

ally_cooper said:
I think she is banker, she works in La Caixa, a Spanish Bank. But I don't know what is her paper inside La Caixa? I read something about foreign affairs, but I am not sure.
She works as a public worker in a spanish bank (La Caixa) in the humanitarian part of that bank. Is like earning money to help the poor people in far countries.

http://www.udel.edu/leipzig/texts2/cristina.htm

Cristina in Mozambique

Infanta Cristina is in Mozambique. She will be there until next Friday, but this one is not an official visit. This travel is related to her work as person in charge of the cooperation area and development of the Fundación la Caixa.
Here the first and only pic that I've found:

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/actualidad/imgActualidad/2005/01/26/infanta.jpg
She looks strange! Doesn't she? Of course beautiful;) , but strange.

I don't think she looks that strange, I just think she is dressing according to the ocassion. Don't you think?

Ariel said:
I don't think she looks that strange, I just think she is dressing according to the ocassion. Don't you think?

Yeah, you're right: she's dressing according to the ocassion, but she has travelled there before and she has never wore clothes like these, so...

:)

Well maybe it is pregnancy that has change her a bit. Many women have difficulties to run life as usual while pregnant.

I belive that is not her. Look for the nek?? it semes have to much ruinquel and the hans. Maibe they post the wrong pic. That not be the frist time.

Yes, me too.
I don't think there's anything wrong with her looks. She's perhaps a bit less princessly dressed, but she's not there as the Infanta of Spain, just as a field-worker of a welfare organization. :)

It's her all right. She looks so remarkably different and older when than the glamourous princess in recent pictures.

Totally agree, isabella! I think it's the scarf and the head scarf she is wearing. I guess we're just not used to seeing her with them! But she is beautiful.

Infanta Cristina is on the cover of the Spanish magazine Lecturas this week ;)

It has wondeful pictures of her travel to Mozambique inside (If I had a scanner I would post them, but I haven't:confused: ).

isabella_ said:
Infanta Cristina is on the cover of the Spanish magazine Lecturas this week ;)

It has wondeful pictures of her travel to Mozambique inside (If I had a scanner I would post them, but I haven't:confused: ).
Thank you, Isabella!
Pity that we can't see those photos... perhaps we'll manage to see them around the Web, and then someone put it here :p

Attachments

• sem título100.JPG
    sem título100.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 509
  • sem título101.JPG
    sem título101.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 553
  • sem título102.JPG
    sem título102.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 636
  • sem título103.JPG
    sem título103.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 637
  • sem título104.JPG
    sem título104.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 515
Thank you very much indeed, Alejandra, for the great photos! :)

From ABC:

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050318/prensa/noticias/Gente/Gente/200503/18/NAC-GEN-111.asp

Infanta Cristina, who was until now coordinator of the international cooperation program of the La Caixa Foundation, was named director of its Social Area, and will take part of the Direction Committee for Social Subjects of that institution.
As director of the Social Subjects, Doña Cristina will coordinate the programs destined to old people, voluntary military service and international cooperation, according to what was informed yesterday by La Caixa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom