Infanta Cristina's Ducal Title Revoked; June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The trial was on anyway,with or without a title,any title.

Felipe sets the example by which he feels the Members of his House should
behave and be examplary in their position.She,haughty Christina,brought up
in that House,knowing the Rules full well and then thinking she and that looser
could get away with fraud on any scale?Nope!

The trial is for this fall.

Are you aware that the State Public Prosecution saw no any evidence for money laundering and tax fraud? The Tribunal agreed and the Infanta has not to stand trial for that. The State Public Prosecution saw no evidence or not substantial enough evidence for alleged of tax evasion but the Tribunal was overturned after firm pressure by the examinating magsitrate to go on with this claim for a (relatively light and administrative) alleged offence which very well could result in "not guilty" or just an administrative sanction? You are already hanging an accused while the person has not at all been judged.

:ermm:

Cristina's letter to Felipe, now she wants to prove 'I was first'
Je Maintiendrai

Majesty,
With occassion of my wedding to D. Iñaki Urdangarín, Our Father, H.M. the King Don Juan Carlos I, gave me the entitlement of the Duchy of Palma. In its moment, for what Palma represented for us, the title made me feel joyful and I served up to it with the most fidelity and love. Today, yet, Palma, represents for my husband and me a reference of strong and important memories, that our children share with us. Therefore when, in the latest times, as consecuences of the unbased accusations towards me in behalf of the Sindicato Manos Limpias, I got to know that they questioned the continuity of the title of Duchess of Palma, I lived this situation with disgust and discomfort. In that time, I didn’t want to reply to those initiatives because I thought that, if I did, I could be offending those who did not share them and that could interprete an inmediate answer in my behalf, as a scorn to the City that we so love and admire. However, today, after a long and painful reflexion, I have decided that I must manifest to H.M. my will of renounce to the title of Duchess of Palma, avoiding then any problems that could take place in the City of Palma. I will keep carrying this City in my heart; I will always feel thankful for the attention and cherish that they have manifested towards my family, but I want to step aside from any debate related to the title that could offend the mallorquina (from Mallorca) society.
When it comes effective, then, my renounce to the title of Duchess of Palma, I beg to H.M. that he adopts the necessary measures for its rightful formalization.
With affect and love,
Cristina, Infanta of Spain.
https://41.media.tumblr.com/4f0ef4f0f3a93b2a2456d49ba13cabc6/tumblr_npv05hSdfP1req0rco1_1280.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/2d3dc0660036dcd3c3509c59a6711aeb/tumblr_npv05hSdfP1req0rco2_1280.jpg
https://36.media.tumblr.com/140e55bbed2aa1da92b0bea537e40e47/tumblr_npv05hSdfP1req0rco3_1280.jpg
https://40.media.tumblr.com/061d0e6da0ee32d6a9d342684ba8699c/tumblr_npv05hSdfP1req0rco4_1280.jpg

She should have written a letter asking to start procedure to remove the HRH Infanta of Spain title and the succession rights from her.
Not only the crime that she apparently commited but her arrogance makes her unworthy to be an Infanta of Spain.
She is simply Cristina B. No more no less

She should have written a letter asking to start procedure to remove the HRH Infanta of Spain title and the succession rights from her.
Not only the crime that she apparently commited but her arrogance makes her unworthy to be an Infanta of Spain.
She is simply Cristina B. No more no less

It has been explained numerous times in this forum that Infanta Doña Cristina is NOT able to take away her title or renounce by herself. Only via a special Bill, initiated by the Government and voted in Congress, someone can be removed from the line of succession and the corresponding royal title.

It has also been explained numerous times in this forum that Infanta Doña Cristina is NOT guilty at all. That two alleged crimes have been rejected and that she is only prosecuted for an alleged attempt of tax evasion, which could very well result in not guilty or just an administrative sanction. First things first.

Then: since when makes "arrogance" (the last thing I associate Doña Cristina with, b.t.w.) someone "unworthy" to be an Infanta de España? If that is an argument, we can strip a LOT of Infantas.... After all arrogance was seen as very royal. Note that also persons who are not at all a member of the Spanish Royal House can be an infante. For an example the Italian gentleman who is the current Duke of Calabria. If he can, then the daughter of a Spanish King can.

They have no honor, duty or responsibility ... using the Duchy of Palma to private businesses with local institutions, is an example of misuse of the title. Though there was no trial, though no offense ... they have dishonored the title.

The Duchy of Palma was given to Cristina for her wedding, so her husband could use a title as consort. Now they face a trial by making fraudulent businesses in the same city, with money from its citizens. Citizens who are tired of the name of their city to be dragged through the mud.

The monarchy is tradition, honor, exemplariness, gestures ... should act with responsibility to the citizens it represents. If you break these basic principles, you must accept the consequences.

If you are reponsable, you serve with dignity and honor of the Crown, which is honored is apologize, and if necessary, resign.

A move from her side (a letter with the wish to renunciate her succession rights and her Infanta title) would have shown that she is sorry for what happened.

BTW I find it hardly credible that she did not know what her husband did.

That letter she wrote, which dates back to June 1st seems to me more like a failed attempt to make the public believe she would have intentionallt givwn up her title... but Zarzuella cliamed they only receive the letter after the title was revoked... Please Cristina, be still this time

Not only the armchair judges have forgot about the principle of innocent until proven guilty, they are also choosing to ignore this Forums rules.

Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

That letter she wrote, which dates back to June 1st seems to me more like a failed attempt to make the public believe she would have intentionallt givwn up her title... but Zarzuella cliamed they only receive the letter after the title was revoked... Please Cristina, be still this time

Yeah, I know. Is she selling bridges, too? Oh, wait, I think they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know. Is she selling bridges, too? Oh, wait, I think they were.

I think she wanted to save that little of facade she had... I also think she honestly didn't believe her brother would have done this and when she was informed about it she tried to pretend it was all her will...my take anyway

This thread has been cleaned up and is now re-opened. Several posts have been deleted.

Please stay away from biblical references.

Please refrain from using derogatory terms.

Last edited:
i applaud what felipe has done removing cristina's title. it's a bit late to have done it, but better late than never.
what an undignified behaviour, on the part of cristina, to tell her lawyer to tell the press that "it was her who refused the title to not dishonour the institution that is the royal family" - which the household had to deny! all very unroyal, but in this case... their behaviour has been utterly unroyal in any case, so she's just keeping with her tradition :)
i remember a time when she or her lawyer said she was not going to give up her rights "as that would have been an acknowledgement that she has done something wrong", when everyone just knew about her involvement in a corruption case...

Carlota, in her letter she did not even acknowledge having hurt the Crown, or says she renounces the title for it .... she says she renounces the title for the city of Palma, after praising that she, her husband and kids love the city. She says her family loves the city of Palma, but she forgets that has lived a life of luxury at the expense of the money from their public coffers.

In addition, she blames her legal situation to a group that has been presented as an accusation ... but she did not acknowledge having done anything wrong.

The letter is very cynical ... she wants to give up what she knows will be removed ... but does not give up that which depends on her own will.

Infanta Cristina's Coat of Arms has also been changed

As Duchess of Palma de Mallorca 1997-2015

200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Cristina_of_Spain_%281997-2015%29.svg.png

HRH Infanta Cristina of Spain 2015-

311px-Coat_of_arms_of_Infanta_Cristina_of_Spain.svg.png

The three-point label azure with a Palm from the Coat of arms of Palma de Mallorca has been removed.

Most newspapers are publishing polls on the monarchy but I've only seen ABC's poll asking about this (the King taking away Cristina's ducal title). According to this poll 83% think it's a positive or very positive action.

Most newspapers are publishing polls on the monarchy but I've only seen ABC's poll asking about this (the King taking away Cristina's ducal title). According to this poll 83% think it's a positive or very positive action.

Huge percentage. The Spanish citizens have spoken and they approve. They are the only ones that really matter in this instance.

It's very logical that.That proove that decision to the King is the wise moove he did. Even justice say innocent for Cristina the things they can't be the same for her. The glass has broken.

I agree about that. She can support her private with all ways . Public no.

I agree zaika. There is not comparison at all.

Why should Maxima butt into this? Bunte writes like she backs Cristina. Hmm..

I understand that Maxima is a personal friend of the Spanish infantas, but, quite frankly, as queen consort of the Netherlands, she should stay out of this. I'm surprised that King Willem-Alexander or the Dutch government itself didn't advise her to avoid meeting Cristina in public.

There have been no photo or confirmation, Bunte is becoming another tabloid.

If Maxima and Cristina are personal friends, she should stand by her friend. That is what friends do even in scandal and even if they don't approve. We don't know what was said and we don't know if king W-A disapproved. It just might be that the Dutch Royals will offer help of some kind to Cristina and children while husband in jail. I believe that Felipe and Willem-Alexander a good friends. Maybe the two men have had many conversations on this subject and W-A offered help at Felipe's request. We don't know and probably never will. Whatever the reason, I am sure that the Dutch Royals have talked this meeting over very thoroughly.

There have been no photo or confirmation, Bunte is becoming another tabloid.

Indeed. There is nothing that indicated that Queen Maxima was in Madrid this weekend. Is it even known if Cristina was there, since she lives in Geneva?

I think that Maxima was friendly with the infanta before the scandal. I am not sure how 'deep' these royal friendships really are though. They seem for a large part rather cosmetic. If she did visit her in private (here or at another point) I would say that is the appropriate thing to do. To drop a friend the moment things get rough isn't really friendship, is it?

The article tries to paint Maxima as a sort of savior of those in need and refers to CPss Masako who attended part of the Dutch state visit. I think it is mainly a phantasy made up by the author of the article, with the goal to sell a gossip magazine.

Last edited:
Don't believe anything what Bunte writes. To me they lost all credibility when they tried to buy a "witness" for a false account in a court case (I won't go into details here, as it has nothing to do with Royalty).

best wishes Michiru

The last time Queen Maxima was in Madrid officially was at the Memorial Mass in honour of the late Prince Kardam ,Infanta Cristina was also there,I'm sure if they had lunch/coffee we'd have seen photographic evidence.

I understand that Maxima is a personal friend of the Spanish infantas, but, quite frankly, as queen consort of the Netherlands, she should stay out of this. I'm surprised that King Willem-Alexander or the Dutch government itself didn't advise her to avoid meeting Cristina in public.

With no official confirmation or a photograph, one cannot speculate as to what the King or the Dutch government might, or indeed might not, think. If the story is true, then Queen Maxima had lunch with a friend, that is all.
Having said that, in all these years I have never heard of Maxima flying of to the other side of Europe for a lunch.

Indeed. There is nothing that indicated that Queen Maxima was in Madrid this weekend. Is it even known if Cristina was there, since she lives in Geneva?

I think that Maxima was friendly with the infanta before the scandal. I am not sure how 'deep' these royal friendships really are though. They seem for a large part rather cosmetic. If she did visit her in private (here or at another point) I would say that is the appropriate thing to do. To drop a friend the moment things get rough isn't really friendship, is it?

The article tries to paint Maxima as a sort of savior in need and refers to CPss Masako who attended part of the Dutch state visit. I think it is mainly a phantasy made up by the author of the article, with the goal to sell a gossip magazine.

The comparison of Cristina with Masako is ridiculous

Also changed in the coat of arms is the key? to a white cross.

Back
Top Bottom